Keary shoulder charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good to see 5 weeks out from finals that fairy taps with the shoulder are getting all the media attention and the main focus of league conversations.

I'll say it again, a super star of the game is going to miss the grand final this year because of a soft collision with the shoulder.
Yes player safety is important, but where do you draw the line?
How far off are we from NFL style helmets and padding?

Ahhhh.... Remember the days when League was a contact sport......
The days of gladiators are gone for good...
Now it's a game for effeminates....... Push me shove you...

With Hodges retiring, Keary is really stepping up to take the title of 'Bloke you most want to see get repeatedly punched in the face!'

With Auva'a, Luke, Keary etc, they've over taken the 'Dogs as NRL's grubbiest team, especially since Ennis went to the Sharks.
Keary is still understudy to Jamie Meoward as most punchable face in the NRL

One thing to really highlight how ridiculous the crackdown on the shoulder charge is that referees don't even penalise them.

Mason pulled off a strong hit that looked like a normal tackle. Burgess then loses it in the play the ball and we get possession back from the tackle that Mason made. We benefited from his tackle during the match but afterwards, he gets a 2 week suspension for a tackle that never even came close to being penalised.

Same story last night. Keary pulled off a normal enough looking hit that was never going to get penalised. But after the match, he is hit with the same bull**** charge as well.

How far off are we from NFL style helmets and padding?

They'll *probably* make head gear mandatory within a decade at a most. Helmets quite probably won't make it into rugby league.

Personally I think helmets would cause more injuries: they limit peripheral vision which helps you prepare and brace for impacts, and in my opinion give players a false sense of security which can lead to higher/riskier impacts.

and he only gets one week.His was worse than Masons.As someone said to me,he is only only a small guy,and look the impact he had on a bigger player

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4