Kane Elegy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just needs to learn how to tackle.

At this stage in his career...he should have figured that out by now. He's plenty willing in defence...but technique lets him down. I don't know if that's something he can fix to be honest. He's worth his weight in gold in attack and he and DCE will menace opposition when attacking from close range. I reckon just get him out wider in defence and make sure you have a good defender inside him.

To be fair - when Elgey first broke into top grade, I was hoping Manly could lure him due to his attacking flair and eager Attitude.
He did lose an entire season through injury and that factor really jaded his progress.
If Elgey comes back as that kid from 2015....with added experience and coaching guidance....feel confident it could be up with the seasons best signings.
I really see it as potentially a Super signing, or horror signing with no in between....

Kane started this year 100% fit and his confidence was soaring. He was saying the same things about Brennan that he's saying about Des right now. LOL! I don't think he can use that year off as an excuse. You don't generally forget how to tackle due to injury. The best we could do is make sure we have good defenders around him in defence....and let him rip in attack! It could still work out well!!

There's not a player on earth not effected by an injury that cripples a season.....I reckon Elgey is a confidence player, which makes a bad injury an even tougher obstacle.
That was old news however.
Certainly not looking at a pre 2019 excuse as agree is in great shape, I was more of the feeling his erratic form after a season off at the Titans -not now.
The solid coaching staff should add good head space and a fresh start and feel you will find a Joel Thompson type as his guardian from day 1.

At this stage in his career...he should have figured that out by now. He's plenty willing in defence...but technique lets him down. I don't know if that's something he can fix to be honest. He's worth his weight in gold in attack and he and DCE will menace opposition when attacking from close range. I reckon just get him out wider in defence and make sure you have a good defender inside him.
He absolutely carved us up and tore us a new one this year at Brookie, I'm very excited to have him in our team.

Kane started this year 100% fit and his confidence was soaring. He was saying the same things about Brennan that he's saying about Des right now. LOL! I don't think he can use that year off as an excuse. You don't generally forget how to tackle due to injury. The best we could do is make sure we have good defenders around him in defence....and let him rip in attack! It could still work out well!!

Yeah ... but Brennan didn't teach hin Science like Dessie and he didn't have a head shrink guy messing with his head while Sir Donny made him do hill climbs with marvelous Matt Ballin coaching sit-ups and Randall supervising burpies and with Monnas teaching him pathways and a sprint coach making him do them faster .....

But the biggest difference will be Crusher's offer to take him out pig hunting twice and bring him back once if he doesn't have a go ....

I am behind the team i said in other posts that dce will become the complete player under Desmond. I just didn't think he lead the team well last year.. at all.
Agree the team looked a little rudderless in 2018, but DCE did lead the team.....at times too much, making hitups reserved for a winger gone missing, or throwing his body at much bigger frames defensively without the support he deserves and produced a few match winning plays along the way.
Agree he will be far more complete under Des, as he won't have to exert himself and have more of a director/conductor in his game.
The players Des will rev will be the players around DCE to allow him to play that role.
Watch young Turbo also control things far more with a voice at the back which will improve defensive structures and his own positional play (that has often got him in trouble)
The fact Des is having a leadership group is also a Masterstroke, as dominant players like Kapow who no doubt do their share individually, will now feel a need to influence and inspire those around him.
The leadership call is a genuine and valid theory, that is also influenced greatly by a team overall, instead of all the heat on the 1 player.

Has talent but i start to worry when i read the over-used "let's put things in a long term perspective reply" of "People forget that I am only 24 and that my game is still developing."

First of all who are these "people", as not many people really know Kane exists right now....

Secondly, at 24 you're at the outer edge of the development stage before you reach your prime for 5-7yrs so don't get too comfortable that time is on your side.

Already thinking about "playing off the cuff" off a player who is best playing off the cuff----Kane will get opportunities to play this way off the back of second phase play and our powerful forwards though.

Hopefully this might be a signal that Des is trying to push DCE to take more ownership of the middle as this is the weakest area of his game---it's what's required to take his game to the next level.(sick of DCE playing behind second man plays it bores me to death)

I’m sure he does and you know what. Credit where it’s due a lot of us have bagged him myself included the off season content has been great.

It would be easier to do because as a fan it’s easier to be optimistic with Des in charge.

This comment from Kane
Says it all for me.
"He is so passionate about Manly. It is going to be good to learn off him."

That’s why we must never have an outsider as coach again
@The Wheel was being
Yeah ... but Brennan didn't teach hin Science like Dessie and he didn't have a head shrink guy messing with his head while Sir Donny made him do hill climbs with marvelous Matt Ballin coaching sit-ups and Randall supervising burpies and with Monnas teaching him pathways and a sprint coach making him do them faster .....

But the biggest difference will be Crusher's offer to take him out pig hunting twice and bring him back once if he doesn't have a go ....
yeah, yeah, yeah.... we know Woodsie... Barrett was understaffed. Let it go mate.

I have one question for you Kevin . How many staff members does a coach need in the dressing room before the game and at half time to fire up his players ?
Sooner or later the coach has got to put his hand up and take some responsibility in those times when the wheels have fallen off. I cannot remember Trent ever doing this. His game “plans” were one dimensional, and our defence diabolical under his tutelage... irrespective of whether he was understaffed. A few players improved under him, sure... but that might be little more than a talented player maturing over time, or rediscovering some lost form. I dare say, Des Hasler probably has more staff than he needs because he demanded that they be here before he signed his contract. He knows what he wants, and appears to be stubborn, like many of the great coaches and mentors are. It’s part of the reason why he’s been in five grand finals as a coach and won two premierships. I get the feeling Trent is a great guy, but that doesn’t mean he can coach. At the end of the day, he threw his toys out of the cot and we should all be grateful to him for it.

Last edited:
Sooner or later the coach has got to put his hand up and take some responsibility in those times when the wheels have fallen off. I cannot remember Trent ever doing this. His game “plans” were one dimensional, and our defence diabolical under his tutelage... irrespective of whether he was understaffed. A few players improved under him, sure... but that might be little more than a talented player maturing over time, or rediscovering some lost form. I dare say, Des Hasler probably has more staff than he needs because he demanded that they be here before he signed his contract. He knows what he wants, and appears to be stubborn, like many of the great coaches and mentors are. It’s part of the reason why he’s been in five grand finals as a coach and won two premierships. I get the feeling Trent is a great guy, but that doesn’t mean he can coach. At the end of the day, he threw his toys out of the cot and we should all be grateful to him for it.
$600 grand a year and no accountability . Sounds like a great job Kevin lol

Don't think he played in the Gladstone game?

Yeah he was there....right in the thick of it......the pre burnt, Niki Lauda lookin' little weasel. Oh....hang on, I can't bloody say that now......

I mean....the studly looking champion!!! (On his knee, front right. In front of the lunatic hipster. LOL!!) Bloody Arrow had a blinder that day.

titans glad.jpg

If you zoom riiiight in under that big gum tree in the back ground...you'll see Moz and his mates!! I'll look a bit blurry because I was pretty pissed by fulltime. Nothing to do with pixelation....sadly. LOL!!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7