Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sure that Weekes will be content to come off the bench this year and may even start a few matches when injuries inevitably occur. But where do people see him in say 2024? Assuming that fullback is unavailable is he a centre of a winger?

I'm sure that Weekes will be content to come off the bench this year and may even start a few matches when injuries inevitably occur. But where do people see him in say 2024? Assuming that fullback is unavailable is he a centre of a winger?
With his skill set, i'd say centre without doubt.
He and Koala would be our best 2 in that position right now! though damn he is a mighty fine fullback and we need him in the 17 to cover injury to Tom.
I disagree with others saying the #14 is his spot, we need a dynamic #9 in the #14 and Gordie is that man.

To me he would make an excellent foil for Koula. Someone suggested he has Jamie Lyons qualities. Not sure its a worth assessment yet, but he does have an interesting package of skills and I love having two of the fastest players in the game in the centres at Manly, with Saab and Garrick on the wings and Turbo at FB. Schuster would be in his element setting up those guys. Supercharged.

To me he would make an excellent foil for Koula. Someone suggested he has Jamie Lyons qualities. Not sure its a worth assessment yet, but he does have an interesting package of skills and I love having two of the fastest players in the game in the centres at Manly, with Saab and Garrick on the wings and Turbo at FB. Schuster would be in his element setting up those guys. Supercharged.
Hopefully Seibs and Flanno see this also.

My only concern with Weekes in the centres is that I haven't seen enough of him in that position to know what his defence is like. I'm not talking about his ability to tackle but his positional play. Is it a bit much to throw him in there in 1 st Gde without the experience? Garrick to a lesser extent coz he played there in his earlier days but even he still gets caught out in defence on the wing on occasions. And then what happens to Meyers - who really does look like a centre based on his limited trial game. It's a conservative move I know but is it best to keep a solid bloke like Parker in initially and have both Meyers and Weekes get some centre experience in Blacktown to see how they go??

Love Weeks's anticipation of sniffing around the middle then running of a well timed inside pass off Josh to bust wide open the Chooks middle. At this point I'd have Weeks coming of the bench ala Walker, tactically the best option atm. Also injuries will inevitably happen, and will see a lot of game time through this.

My only concern with Weekes in the centres is that I haven't seen enough of him in that position to know what his defence is like. I'm not talking about his ability to tackle but his positional play. Is it a bit much to throw him in there in 1 st Gde without the experience? Garrick to a lesser extent coz he played there in his earlier days but even he still gets caught out in defence on the wing on occasions. And then what happens to Meyers - who really does look like a centre based on his limited trial game. It's a conservative move I know but is it best to keep a solid bloke like Parker in initially and have both Meyers and Weekes get some centre experience in Blacktown to see how they go??
Is that you Des?

Only one way to find out

Is that you Des?
Yeah, I know - I was thinking that as I was writing it. :D I'd be happy to have Weekes at 14 as @Eagle 1 was describing coz he could be lethal running at around tired forwards. He would have extra tackling workload tho. I just worry about an experienced centre running rings around him and his confidence getting a battering. But I'm a worrier by nature :eek:

Weekes was very impressive everytime I watched him in reserve grade last year. Yet it was not enough to get him a game until the season was cooked.

The most exciting thing about the new coach is that you know the same old blokes aren't going to be trotted out every week. There's a chance for youth to break through now.

We have one game before lawnton returns. Id assume if fit he will be 14 .he is pretty good also.

danger is one thing but proper service to the forwards is a priority. Fulton showed that.

croakes needs a rest and is not a consistent 80 minute man

it will depend on the whole bench balance
jake at prop adds another consideration
would we go with 2 props, lawnton and weekes on the bench

dunno, it seems a bit light . When the 13 is selected that might help. If keppie is selected that will have 3 starters only playing about 30 minutes without needing to be rested. do we have a 80 minute 13. Its not jake, keppie, bully IMO
time will tell,

We have one game before lawnton returns. Id assume if fit he will be 14 .he is pretty good also.

danger is one thing but proper service to the forwards is a priority. Fulton showed that.

croakes needs a rest and is not a consistent 80 minute man

it will depend on the whole bench balance
jake at prop adds another consideration
would we go with 2 props, lawnton and weekes on the bench

dunno, it seems a bit light . When the 13 is selected that might help. If keppie is selected that will have 3 starters only playing about 30 minutes without needing to be rested. do we have a 80 minute 13. Its not jake, keppie, bully IMO
time will tell,
A lot for Sieb's to figure out, no matter which way he goes there'll be a lot of conjecture and debate on who plays and where. Funny ain't it, if we had 2 big trial losses picking the side would be easy.

It's not rocket Medicine old mate ... Weekes is a natural footballer and has played at the highest age level reps for years ... might be a couple of teething mistakes ... but his natural talent will see him excel in any position ...

Hey Woodsie, speaking of rockets - if Weekes does turn out to be a Discovery and not a Challenger, where do you see his best position being? 5/8 seems a prob if the Shu fits and not FB if Turbo stays fit, and Garrick and Saab have the wing spots, is it the centre spot? If so (and as you suggest, he excels) do we have to say goodbye to Meyers coz he looks a centre talent and he will get scooped up pretty quick.

Well this might change now with The Schu out for Round 1.

I’m in the Weekes camp for backup 6. You never know he might outshine the Schu.

Pull up the stool Kaeo!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4