Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't doubt Weekes ability, skills, speed or commitment.

Question is - is he big enough for winger (and tall enough) - or big enough for fullback, or centre?

If you've got to challenge other wingers for pin-point cross-field kicks - is Weekes in the mix?

If you've got to bring the ball out of trouble as one of the back three - can he do it well?

Re center - I see that he's two kgs heavier than Koula - but I'm sure that Kould is not 88 kgs anymore. In the preseason photos Koula looks more like 92 - 94 kgs or so. Koula's attack got him into the team, and his pleasing defence has kept him there.

I'm hoping that Weekes is more of the same. He does seem to have five-eighth written all over him at the moment, IMHO. I'm hoping some of my fellow Silvertails posters have some good stories on his defence and ball carries.

I see Weekes and Humphries as our Schuster / DCE backups this year. Both could be anything.

I'm also betting that the club still views Garrick and Koula (in that order) as our Turbo fullback cover.

Question is - is he big enough for winger (and tall enough) - or big enough for fullback, or centre?
I would suggest Weekes is tall enough to contest high balls and will use pace & evasiveness, rather than power, to bring the ball back.

Weekes is listed as 182 cm & 90 kg. Here are some very good outside backs of similar stature:

Taylan May 183 cm, 92 kg
Dane Gagai 182 cm, 92 kg
Izack Tago 184 cm, 93 kg
Cody Ramsey 185 cm, 82 kg
Xavier Savage 184 cm, 90 kg
Jayden Campbell 183, 78 kg
Reese Walsh 177 cm, 88 kg
Daine Laurie 181 cm, 83 kg
AJ Brimson 181 cm, 89 kg

(Edit - from the recent past:
Billy Slater 178 cm, 88 kg
Jamie Lyon 183 cm, 93 kg
Brett Stewart 184 cm, 92 kg)

I'm also betting that the club still views Garrick and Koula (in that order) as our Turbo fullback cover.

Apparently, Weekes is receiving tutoring from Snake to be Turbo's cover. I think it would be less disruptive for the team to replace Turbo with a utility player rather than their best winger or best centre.

Last edited:
I would suggest Weekes is tall enough to contest high balls and will use pace & evasiveness, rather than power, to bring the ball back.

Weekes is listed as 182 cm & 90 kg. Here are some very good outside backs of similar stature:

Taylan May 183 cm, 92 kg
Dane Gagai 182 cm, 92 kg
Izack Tago 184 cm, 93 kg
Cody Ramsey 185 cm, 82 kg
Xavier Savage 184 cm, 90 kg
Jayden Campbell 183, 78 kg
Reese Walsh 177 cm, 88 kg
Daine Laurie 181 cm, 83 kg
AJ Brimson 181 cm, 89 kg

(Edit - from the recent past:
Billy Slater 178 cm, 88 kg
Jamie Lyon 183 cm, 93 kg
Brett Stewart 184 cm, 92 kg)

Apparently, Weekes is receiving tutoring from Snake to be Turbo's cover. I think it would be less disruptive for the team to replace Turbo with a utility player rather than their best winger or best centre.
That's the response I was hoping for; a thinking post with evidence. @40 nil - good work.

I remain encouraged.

Yep 14 or centre for me
I thought Kao had a brilliant game last night. I knew he was quick but was stunned at just how quick he moved for that 2nd Toulu try. He would be lethal on the left side in between Reuben (wing) and Tuilagi. Tom lurking somewhere there as well. Lethal left side.

Gordon KCT a must have at 14.

Said it before and will continue to say it. Manly must sign Weekes up urgently. He's available for others to approach and after the few games we've seen him play, he's a potentially top player. I would have him in the centre with Koula. That would be one very classy partnership

Said it before and will continue to say it. Manly must sign Weekes up urgently. He's available for others to approach and after the few games we've seen him play, he's a potentially top player. I would have him in the centre with Koula. That would be one very classy partnership
Agree totally but this Garrick to centre scenario is a concern.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4