Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah so still end of this season.

Nobody with their ear to the ground has heard and movement or rumblings about getting him locked down longer?

No it's probably down to what position Manly sees him holding down, realistically.
Not fullback. Not halfback.
He's not really a winger, though he could play there.
Is he a centre? Doesn't seem to have the power game of modern centres.
He's clearly a 5/8 or fullback, but Schu has first crack at 5/8 and you wouldn't bet against him, then there is Latu on the way, unless his development stalls for some reason.
So for now it is back-up emergency back, or maybe turn himself into a 14.
I'm sure Manly is looking at him closely. Be tough to have another Gutho situation!

No it's probably down to what position Manly sees him holding down, realistically.
Not fullback. Not halfback.
He's not really a winger, though he could play there.
Is he a centre? Doesn't seem to have the power game of modern centres.
He's clearly a 5/8 or fullback, but Schu has first crack at 5/8 and you wouldn't bet against him, then there is Latu on the way, unless his development stalls for some reason.
So for now it is back-up emergency back, or maybe turn himself into a 14.
I'm sure Manly is looking at him closely. Be tough to have another Gutho situation!
Weekes could be huge for us. I don't think he is the sort of player who creates scoring opportunities but he is definitely one who can spot and capitalize them. It's something we are missing and I think he should be playing behind Tom in attack....which would either make Tom a traditional centre @:eek: or Kaeo the second or deep fullback :drunk: .... This idea that players must play a certain position or wear a specific number or THEY WILL FIND A NEW CLUB is just sad. You play where the coach tells you and wear the number you are given and if you want to cry to your agent (/daddy...like a 10 year old) about it then by all means go elsewhere - and by that I mean Rugby Union :finger:
There are far too many entitled children in our game!

Kaeo is probably looking at his options also in terms of how this season may present opportunities for him to feature more at a i st grade level . Sure that he would not be that content just continuing as a depth type player but also probably realizes himself that he has to show a bit more to establish himself as more of a keeper type player . Also no doubt some outside interest in him including R U . Just so many variables , how the Shu may go at 6 , Latu Fainu "s progress and how again his own game naturally can develop a bit more . Open to offers now in respect to his current Manly deal [ 2023 ] ,. Club would no doubt prefer to hang onto him , Kaeo probably quite content to stay o reasonable money depending again on getting the right type of opportunities here . Really not sure how much better he can get , Best position is no doubt full back . sure that he can go well as a i st grade 6 , can 't see him as a winger or 7 , No reason why he could not adapt to a centre role just based on his athleticism and natural ability , defence another matter there .

I wonder if he is another victim of the impending cap change?
Maybe!

wITXjn.gif

He's deadset a ready made replacement for Walker only much , much faster. With Lawton out recovering from ACL, Weekes should be on the bench.
Pappenhuyzen played most of his 1st year from the bench, (Belamy was umming and ahing about Hughes and Croft best positions) but just being on the field he quickly showed he needed to be in the 17.
Come on Weekes you can do it!

He's deadset a ready made replacement for Walker only much , much faster. With Lawton out recovering from ACL, Weekes should be on the bench.
Yep, been saying this for a while now. 14 in the Papy/Hynes mould

The Gifted Weekes is a Fullback /five eight and also has utility value

What he will bring to the team this season is what our coaching staff can bring out of him

I hope they can bring the best out of him

For the life of me I can’t understand why they would promise that as he is not that level of a player to promise anything ie Jamie Lyon.
I felt that too, what if he can't handle it, I'd say, he better get it as we have invested huge money in a centre who possibly can't play centre for 5 years. Another Tommy long term fiasco if he can't make centre his own. @:rolleyes:

Relax, nobody gets guaranteed a position. Garrick I'm sure signed with a coversation that we will give him fair crack or look to transition him to centre.

I fully expect him to start the season on the wing with the chat being once Saab is back we'll look to move you.

Remember Addo Carr signing with the Bulldogs "to play fullback".

Media just get wind of these things and extrapolate

Last edited:
Relax, nobody get guaranteed a position. Garrick I'm sure sig

ned with a coversation that we will give him fair crack or look to transition him to centre.

I fully expect him to start the season on the wing with the chat being once Saab is back we'll look to move you.

Remember Addo Carr signing with the Bulldogs "to play fullback".

Media just get wind of these things and extrapolate
Agreed 100% on how clubs negotiate to get the player signed up ( mostly conversations ).The rest is just media speculation to keep the conversation going so they can sell their fake news .

Again if we are winning players don't care where they play.
He'd get better money at FB but would rather be at Manly so good luck to him.

For the life of me I can’t understand why they would promise that as he is not that level of a player to promise anything ie Jamie Lyon.
Yeah Mestrov might want have checked with Seibold and Flanno on this.
As I am thinking the same Garrick on flank and Weekes in centres

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4