Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If only tackling was usually that easy - I thought it was for the “trip”
No mate I'm pretty sure the bunker mentioned that he impeded him by throwing his arm out
Amazing how often throwing an arm out doesn't stop a player when they have the ball.
Imagine if the poor guy did that effort when someone had the ball and was running at him.

Yes I rewatched and note the commentary - but a sin bin for a lazy arm is harsh (yes modern game) but how did the lazy arm cause the trip and fall to the ground?
We're always on the end of some very suspect penalties every time we play at that venue, Parra seem to get preferential treatment out there and it's not just us that suffer the apparent bias, the NRL officialdom is a fkn joke imo

No mate I'm pretty sure the bunker mentioned that he impeded him by throwing his arm out

We're always on the end of some very suspect penalties every time we play at that venue, Parra seem to get preferential treatment out there and it's not just us that suffer the apparent bias, the NRL officialdom is a fkn joke imo
The ref was over eager to blow his stupid whistle at the slightest vibration of the football. As per usual at Con Bank Stadium, the baying ferals out west had a field day getting the ref to blow dodgy calls against us. But we made it even worse by droping every ball we had in attacking plays.

The ref was over eager to blow his stupid whistle at the slightest vibration of the football. As per usual at Con Bank Stadium, the baying ferals out west had a field day getting the ref to blow dodgy calls against us. But we made it even worse by droping every ball we had in attacking plays.
Yeah, we never do any good under this bloke, Im pretty sure he hates us lol

I think before demoting Weekes to reserve grade, an experiment might be to have GCKT be on the bench and have them both on the park at some point. I have seen them combine well together in the juniors and in the trials. During the trial game this season GCKT made a break out of dummy half with Weekes in support to then pass to Garrick for a pretty good try. This started from the halfway line.
And its interesting that Johns looked pretty impressive on the weekend win in BWSE, he seemed to fit in well with GCKTs style of play. Johns also looked good in the trials where GCKT was the hooker for both games.

Yep absolutely. Ref was so biased but we made it easy for the eels with the drop balls.

Weekes sin bin was over the top. Then sivo took Saab out and nothing - knock on manly. Gutho did a canon ball. Nothing.

What about the calls last year at the same game or in 2020 when turbo scored the winning try and it was taken back for fwd pass that was a metre backwards.

We did well in 2021 out there

. We had a few others as well. I laughed the most when Siva knocked it on cold and it was as clear as day and the ref immediately blew a try while right in front of the knock on and the bunker over ruled in about five seconds.

Yep absolutely. Ref was so biased but we made it easy for the eels with the drop balls.

Weekes sin bin was over the top. Then sivo took Saab out and nothing - knock on manly. Gutho did a canon ball. Nothing.

What about the calls last year at the same game or in 2020 when turbo scored the winning try and it was taken back for fwd pass that was a metre backwards.

We did well in 2021 out there

. We had a few others as well. I laughed the most when Siva knocked it on cold and it was as clear as day and the ref immediately blew a try while right in front of the knock on and the bunker over ruled in about five seconds.
Agree, doesn't take much for a sin binning these days. The Sivo knock on was the biggest howeller by the bunker clowns. The first try was dodgey also, another quick decision by the bunker crew, not even a slow motion replay. But we didn't help matters, dropping countless balls and some in try scoring situations. Tom and DCE back next Sat, anything is possible with this team this season.

Blah,blah,blah.
If the wingers caught the bombs, we wouldn't have had the pressure on us. No sin bin either. First 3 tries were gifts. Instead of repeat sets against us, we would have some early ball in our hands rather than defending.
Blame who you want, got to do the basics.
This season, it seems once a team has lost control of the 1st 20 minutes of a game, they are done for.

Addo carr, papz, Bowen, Campbell. There's a few of them
Addo Carr is actually very powerful and not tiny
Papz is injured 80% of the time because of the small body
Campbell plays more Qld cup than NRL
Bowen was short but a solid build

Just watched the replay, of the sin binning , very harsh call , but correct, if anything the parra player trips over himself

Maybe full back is not Kaeo 's best position right now to improve his i st grade standing , could well be at 6 but even with limited opportunities to date , probably should be showing a bit more influence in i st games to date . Scotty Drinkwater from the Cows and ironically a Manly junior and with not dissimilar attributes to Kaeo is now showing how a player can acquit well to a i st grade position from a previous utility type role . Could be a confidence and experience thing . more inclination to just be more involved in the play . Toby sets a good template , shame that some of his enthusiasm and willingness to inject himself could not rub off a bit more for Kaeo . Think that he still has the goods but again should be doing a bit better at this stage

Addo Carr is actually very powerful and not tiny
Papz is injured 80% of the time because of the small body
Campbell plays more Qld cup than NRL
Bowen was short but a solid build
Kaeo's weight is actually listed as higher than Addo Carr (182cm 90kg vs 183cm 89 kg). But that is still significantly smaller than Tom. Which probably is a good point - if the plan is to play him as a replacement for Tom, then it aint going to work. Either put Garrick back there or switch the game plan up so that players aren't targeted in defence and/or ineffective in attack.
The thing is though....how many times over the past decade has the same vitriol been thrown at whatever fill in fullback we had at the time? Funa, Wright, Garrick(initially), Walker and even Tom when he took over for Snake. IMO the problem is building your team around 1 or two players that have to fire to win...and then, when they are out, the whole team seams clueless. I wish people would look at the whole team when it happens, rather than picking the one fringe grader (or reliable back) who's been called up to fill in and who fails to lift the entire team.

Kaeo's weight is actually listed as higher than Addo Carr (182cm 90kg vs 183cm 89 kg). But that is still significantly smaller than Tom. Which probably is a good point - if the plan is to play him as a replacement for Tom, then it aint going to work. Either put Garrick back there or switch the game plan up so that players aren't targeted in defence and/or ineffective in attack.
The thing is though....how many times over the past decade has the same vitriol been thrown at whatever fill in fullback we had at the time? Funa, Wright, Garrick(initially), Walker and even Tom when he took over for Snake. IMO the problem is building your team around 1 or two players that have to fire to win...and then, when they are out, the whole team seams clueless. I wish people would look at the whole team when it happens, rather than picking the one fringe grader (or reliable back) who's been called up to fill in and who fails to lift the entire team.
Forget the weight
Addo Carr is a ripped powerful athlete who rarely gets dominated by the defence, generally carrying 2-3 tacklers every hit up
Weekes is still in a boys body and is pretty much rag dolled by defenders
for the now.....does not really compare in strength to other smaller players being mentioned
Hope he does come good though, really down on confidence and played in a team not helping his cause

Last edited:
U really want me to add to the list lol
Ben Barba
Hazem El Masri
Anthony Milford (at one stage hehe)
Sam Walker
Brandon Wakeham
Tom Starling.

We're probably all 80kg or Under.. Milford the exception haha

More serious question: Have we ever won a match when Croker was Captain.

You mean the 2 games he filled in when DCE & Turbo were on Origin duty and a significant portion of the team are out injured, including Jake?
Absolute brain dead question.
Do you have rocks in your head or something?

Let's see who the Eels had out yesterday...

1.Mitch Moses
2.Dylan Brown
3.Junior Paolo
4.Waqa Blake
5.Shaun Lane
6.Josh Hodgson
7.Wiremu Grieg

Try again with your argument, you jumbuck!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10