• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd take him back but not for big money. If he really wants to play for us again it should be for less than he signed on for the Roosters.

The rotten culture at the Roosters isn't doing him any favors and I think if he came back, Des would straighten him out and he be really good for us.

mickqld said:
JWH would be a much better player at Manly because Des would temper the agression and direct it into quality play in attack and defense. At the Roosters coach Smith has no idea how to use him,where to play him or how to coach him. If he came back to Manly he would get back that form which got him to a test jumper.
well said,Dessie will knock off all the rough edges he got from over there,yea ,bring him back home

Garts said:
Darren said:
didn't the Roosters make the grand final last year and we got smacked out first week of the semis when the going gets serious??

I think it was you that Shoe1 was referring to. It would explain the narky comment here. Another one of your pearls of wisdom Dazzler.

Since 2005 , we have lost 7 finals and won 5. We were winless in the finals in 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2010. If it wasn't for 2008 our finals record would be downright embarrassing. So, just to add some credence to what Darren said, we have under achieved in finals matches.

Fro said:
hehe how do you find the time Darren?

with being a closet Souths and looks like now a roosters fan, and presumably you are gainfully employed (as in you dont sound like a dole bludger).

do you have time to post in all the forums you must be in? and what do you say about your "mate" who supports Manly??

Yes Darren, go and support Souths LOL!! Oh brother, the whole 'true supporter' debate has raised its ugly head again.

the mauler said:
I'd take him back 4 sure. He's lost 10kg in the off season, and I don't think that suits his style of game.I reckon if he puts atleast 5kg back on, and back being coached by Dessie he will realize his full potential.

Just hang around Gorgeous George in the off-season.

Moops said:
Garts said:
Darren said:
didn't the Roosters make the grand final last year and we got smacked out first week of the semis when the going gets serious??

I think it was you that Shoe1 was referring to. It would explain the narky comment here. Another one of your pearls of wisdom Dazzler.

Since 2005 , we have lost 7 finals and won 5. We were winless in the finals in 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2010. If it wasn't for 2008 our finals record would be downright embarrassing. So, just to add some credence to what Darren said, we have under achieved in finals matches.

Fro said:

with being a closet Souths and looks like now a roosters fan, and presumably you are gainfully employed (as in you dont sound like a dole bludger).

do you have time to post in all the forums you must be in? and what do you say about your "mate" who supports Manly??

Yes Darren, go and support Souths LOL!! Oh brother, the whole 'true supporter' debate has raised its ugly head again.

hold up sunshine

lets put your stats in to perspective
so we've lost 7 finals matches

2 of those loses (07 GF and 09 final) were on an unlevel playing field remember the Scum were over the cap on both occasions signicantly
then you have 2 loses when we scrapped into the finals and were beaten well by the minor premiers. Remember 8 has only beat 1st twice in over 25 years of Mcintyre (both NRL and AFL)

So that leaves 2 games where you could accuse us of under achieving
Newcastle away 2006 and Saints at the SFS and we were a team on the rise but yea you can have those two.

lismore_fan said:
the mauler said:
I'd take him back 4 sure. He's lost 10kg in the off season, and I don't think that suits his style of game.I reckon if he puts atleast 5kg back on, and back being coached by Dessie he will realize his full potential.

Just hang around Gorgeous George in the off-season.

Who's fat? What are you trying to say? :huh:

not to mention we were ridiculously unlucky in 2009 to drop out of the finals after finishing in 5th place, that almost never happens even with a loss

Ralphie said:
From Fox Sports web site:

"When Jared Waerea-Hargreaves moved from Brookvale to Bondi it was the epitome of a steal for Sydney Roosters. After the 2009 season, Waerea-Hargreaves had only six NRL appearances to his name, but four Tests for New Zealand. In his first year with the Roosters he was a high-impact forward that was part of the fairytale run from worst to 80 minutes away from first. But now Manly are making moves to bring the New Zealand international back home. Waerea-Hargreaves hasn't been the same force in 2011, which is rather emblematic of how his side has travelled in a year that has fallen well below par. Manly, on the other hand, have surprised many with their run of hot form and a playing roster that have overachieved based on pre-season expectations. If ever there was a climate that could see the prodigal son return to the northern beaches, this would surely be it."

I told you months ago this was going to happen. He approached Des after the round 2 game. He wants back.

Can anyone tell me if a player has ever left the club and then come back? I can't think of any.

our own coach Dessie left & come back

Darren said:
no, total manly fan for 28 years but never been "as full on and one eyed" as some of you guys on here. Our team is going great but we are still only 2 losses from being out of the top 4 so find all this "bagging" of other teams abit premature. I will start making these confident statements if we make the gf or if we would have flogged Saints a few weeks ago which would have been a REAL statement of intent.
Not sure how we can bag out a team that made the 2010 gf and we were diabolical in minor semi. Let's talk the talk in September, as some teams will get serious when finals start.

How can you be a total fan but not full on and one eyed? Sounds more like fair weather supporter.

Id welcome the hypenator back. He is a monster for his age, He is agressive but more importantly he is fearless. If des and donny get him, redirect his focus, get him fitter and clearly define his job to do he could be the best front rower for a long time

gee i hope its next year

should have got to him earlier when the chooks were trying to offload players

There is a lot of spud carroll in JWH and he took a while peak

I would welcome him back BUT only at a good price. He will be off to England if his career keeps going the way it is at the moment anyway if we dont throw him a lifeline so no need to pay overs.

Having said that I think he would be good for us - the Roosters have ( let me say this carefully ) many players very similar to him and I dont think they compliment each other. Masoe, Nuuasala, JWH etc.... all massive blokes that play short intense minutes put on big hits but tire quickly. We have a more mobile durable pack & think he would be a much better fit for us and would look a much better player than he is presently showing.

OneEyedEagle said:
If the price is right and we get value for $$$ why not if it helps to keep the Sea Eagles a cut above the rest

Only if we sign the talent that we want to keep first, then if there's money left over sign him. I'm not convinced he's good enough, yeah he had a good year last year but so do alot of NRL rookies. I'd keep T-rex at a reasonable price over JWH.

I think this is Dessie's way of keeping the spotlight off the young guns.

Id take jwh back in a heartbeat. The guy just needs a good off season and good coaching and Des is the master of getting guys back into career form.

Who can forget that match we got slapped by the melb scum in the semis, he was hands down best player on the field even though we got smashed.

Come back jwh

Cambo said:
Moops said:
Garts said:
Darren said:

Fro said:

hold up sunshine

lets put your stats in to perspective
so we've lost 7 finals matches

2 of those loses (07 GF and 09 final) were on an unlevel playing field remember the Scum were over the cap on both occasions signicantly
then you have 2 loses when we scrapped into the finals and were beaten well by the minor premiers. Remember 8 has only beat 1st twice in over 25 years of Mcintyre (both NRL and AFL)

So that leaves 2 games where you could accuse us of under achieving
Newcastle away 2006 and Saints at the SFS and we were a team on the rise but yea you can have those two.

If, if, if, if, if, if...

but, but, but, but, but...

Last time I checked still 5-7!

Embarassing finals stats those

Would much rather have the Tigers record of 6-1 in the finals games over the same amount of time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6