JWH signs with Rorters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
roosters are obviously offering big big $$, for me i would sign him up long term on a stepped salary. but u have to give him credit hes outperformed in the TC and now hes getting the rewards.

Very dissapionted but not surprised.

We didn't allow it, they would have simply offered more, like we did with big Tony Williams

I won't be cutting the wrists over his departure, sure, would have love to have kept him, but if we can keep Foran, then he, Tony Williams and Hopoate show plenty to suggest they will be a force

Am watching the 20s now, and this Darcy Lussick has looked the goods, so there are always other prospects

From http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=17165

Roosters sign Waerea-Hargreaves
Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Sydney Roosters have signed Jarred Waerea-Hargreaves to a 3 year deal commencing 2010.

Waerea-Hargreaves, born in New Zealand, originally moved to Queensland on a golf scholarship before taking up Rugby Union.

In 2008 he played with the Waratahs before taking up Rugby League and signing with the Manly Sea Eagles for the 2009 season.

Jarred has predominantly played Toyota Cup this season, however he made his first grade debut in Round 9 this year.

After being persued by several NRL Clubs, the Roosters are excited to announce the deal and are looking forward to working with Jarred and developing him into a regular first grader.

Would we pay $600,000 to keep him for 3 years? He hasn't even played 1st Grade.

I's not the clubs fault unfortunately it will be his and going to club that will buy whoever is on the market and a coach who's may be sack - he may never get to prove his greatness at the rorters

Kiwi Eagle link said:
We didn't allow it, they would have simply offered more, like we did with big Tony Williams

I won't be cutting the wrists over his departure, sure, would have love to have kept him, but if we can keep Foran, then he, Tony Williams and Hopoate show plenty to suggest they will be a force

Am watching the 20s now, and this Darcy Lussick has looked the goods, so there are always other prospects

I agree KE

Cherry Evans, John Grey, Todd Wilson all had very good games aswell. I'm not worried either that JWH was signed by the Roosters. One thing I did notice about JWH was that he has a lot of handling errors. But a very good prospect.

There's plenty of talent available for us in the future if we can retain most of them.

manendez link said:
He hasn't even played 1st Grade.

Ummm, yes he has. He made his first grade debut in Round 9.

Hargraves has just killed his career but signing with those losers.

They have nothing in their forwards or backs.  Enjoy your three wooden spoons hargraves because they is all you will win at the transit lounge. 

Sad to see him go, but at least he isn't going to a good team.

I thought Darcy Lussick was our best forward today, must have made close to 200 metres in hit ups and a dozen tackle breaks. Strong defender too. Manly local as well.

He is 1 maybe 2 years from first grade $600k is a lot for a fringe player. NRL is going to send itself bankrupt soon.

Our toyota cup team doesnt just look good for a toyota cup team, they look like they could compete in NRL. They are a quality side, the 13 is a work horse isnt he?

and Foran is just  so skillful.

Cherry-evans isn't exactly the flashest half back around but he takes the bull by the horns and certainly guides them around the park well

Out Toyota cup side are going great Cherry -Evans had a good game Darcy Lussick played well as did Jamie Buhrer,Shane Gray,Jnr Hopoate and the hooker Liam Higgins.

The club has good talent through out that whole side we need to make sure we at least sign most of them up if their not already.

If we could lock the core of that team up long term, it would put a smile on my face. They are a talented football side.

I still cant believe the size of Darcy lussicl. He was a small kid last time I spoke to him, his dad is and was a big unit, and I believe played lower grades for Manly too

Dan link said:
If we could lock the core of that team up long term, it would put a smile on my face. They are a talented football side.

I still cant believe the size of Darcy lussicl. He was a small kid last time I spoke to him, his dad is and was a big unit, and I believe played lower grades for Manly too

Dan can you remember what year Darcy father would of played for the Eagles ?

god knows. I moved out of Bennett street, Harbord in like 2000 I think.

So would have been around 96 - 2000 i would say. I dont remember ever seeing him in Manly gear before then, though I lived in that street from when I was born in 1981 to 2000

I will chat to my parents and siblings I they knew his dad better as they were around the same age

Roosters offered him $520,000 over 3 seasons, He went back to Manly and was told that they cant match the amount from the Roosters

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6