Just how well is Matai playing this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've never been his biggest fan, but was asking the rhetorical question during the Parra game,
"Just how well is Matai playing this year"?
And that was before his final try! Have never seen him playing better!

Skivi has been outstanding so far this year. You really see how good he can be when injuries ain't affecting him. I have always loved Matai because of his aggressive nature and never back down attitude. It may get him in trouble sometimes, but as a team mate you know the guy has your back. If your going to war he is a guy you want by your side. On top of that the guy is just a quality footballer and two way player. Finger crossed he can remain healthy this season.

The guy's a legend and incredibly important to our team. Opposition supporters hate him with irrational passion, which is pretty much the ultimate compliment.

He started last year off the same way, but when Glenn Stewart returned to the side his touches of the ball halved. The key to unleashing the best backline in the comp is spreading the opportunities, not just targeting supposed weaknesses but using our strengths.

His form has been solid as a rock as it was last season.

I think the new law in relation to the should charge has made Stevie change his game and hes much more disciplined.

He is still our best dummy half runner and always gives 100 percent even when injured.

He is one of the most underrated players in the game and always has been; Ray Warren thinks so and loves him!

Skivvy is one of my favourite players and pound for pound is probably the toughest mongrel in the competition!

Steve had a superb game today. He was all over Hoppa. Without him we would have lost the game.

I think the best thing that has happened for him is the introduction of the no shoulder charge rule. This has allowed him to focus on his attack and ball and all tackles.

I know this is a big call but I'm predicting Steve to not get suspended this year!

He has been sensational for so long it easy to forget how tough and competitive he is. Onya Stevie, love your work!

The best thing is the lack of rubbish in his game this year and last. Just tough uncompromising footy. And how often do we see ourselves in trouble in our 20 or 30 and the ball goes left to Skivvy and he eats up 10 to 15metres?

Killer and Stevie are 1 and 2 for centres.

He has been crucial to our left side for years. His potency in attack makes him one of the best centres in rugby league.

His biggest assets are his aggression and defence. Whenever required he keeps up and puts the big hit on, fires up the team and changes momentum.

Skivvy is a fantastic player, its a shame the NRL portrays him as dirty player.

Matai has been that good for years, he consistently makes breaks up the left hand side of the field and his dummy half runs are invaluable, will be even better when his wingman Taufua is back :)

I can't remember the last time he had a bad game, but in the last 12 months he has taken it to a whole new level. Must be 2V's coaching that he's responding to.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4