Just a thought on NEW signings.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm still not getting what you mean by his etiquette table manners. Can you give me an example of what he does consistently on the field that makes you think this. I get that he's not the intimidator type and I agree with you that we need that in the pack. I just don't think that's who Jake is. His game is full of passion (I think you would agree??) and he inspires with his defence and I hope Seibold can get him out of the robot mode he fell into with Des. I just don't think trying to turn Jake into someone that just isn't him, is what we need. We need to channel those forwards that DO have that in them - Keppie, Sipley, Aloiai etc.

The Proof and the best example is the etiquette table manners of our passive aggressive packs flat
track bullies image

Passion without intimidating aggression is getting the job half done
As you need to win both the physical and psychological battle to devour ones mind body and soul

What is an Image ?

An Image is something we create

The fact is our pack led by Jake has created a flat track bullies image

We need to change this embarrassing image

Never in the proud history of our legendary club has any Manly pack has been called flat track bullies

We need to live up to our legendary clubs Benchmark of Excellence once again !
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

And I dont believe having Aloiai as a personal leader (mentor) for Paseka for Paseka makes sense.
Ok - it may work - it may not. I guess we would have to know each of them personally to make the call accurately - no doubt our extensive coaching staff have it in hand (hopefully).

The Proof and the best example is the etiquette table manners of our passive aggressive packs flat
track bullies image

Passion without intimidating aggression is getting the job half done
As you need to win both the physical and psychological battle to devour ones mind body and soul
Fair enough but now you're talking about the pack as a whole. I'm just talking about Jake being described this way. I agree that the pack needs to get some intimidation (or whatever word we want to use) factor, it's just the ongoing reference to Jake that I think is a bit harsh. He is who he is and I think it's up to his forward mates to play the part I think we both know they have the potential to play. Bring it on, I say!

What is an Image ?

An Image is something we create

The fact is our pack led by Jake has created a flat track bullies image

We need to change this embarrassing image

Never in the proud history of our legendary club has any Manly pack has been called flat track bullies

We need to live up to our legendary clubs Benchmark of Excellence once again !
We can agree that our pack needs to change. As to how, it looks like we're sorting through the details. Of course - that's what a Forum like this is for.

Jake is contracted till 2026, so we can assume that he is not going anywhere.

You've mentioned above that our pack, 'led by Jake', are now apparently perceived as 'flat track bullies'.

Also - 'by Intimidating players and not by Nice guy players like Jake that bring their table manner on the field'.

Jake's been playing for Manly, NSW and Australia for a while now - for the above character flaws to not only be displayed by Jake, but tolerated by his team mates, coaches and staff at club, state and national level is a disgrace. An appalling lack of insight from Jake himself, and all who have been associated with him. No wonder Des is gone.

As we have a brand new coaching group this year, they many not be aware of this situation - or they may be.

@BOZO , mate............this can't go on. We can't leave it to chance. Otherwise we'll be left with 'Jake with a halo' for the next four seasons at least. We need someone with bravery and insight (and good memes) like yourself to get in touch with Jake and let him know that he needs to harden up, and to let his inner enforcer out. He's a nice guy - he will probably be receptive to this.

And - for good measure - let the rest of our pack know that everyone - literally everyone - thinks that they are 'flat track bullies', and are just 'embarrassing', as per above. Perhaps make a poster on this so they can put it on the wall to motivate them.

I'm sure you'll get a reaction from them - hopefully they take it in the right spirit. They are all 'nice' so they're bound to.

Do it for all of us!

Fair enough but now you're talking about the pack as a whole. I'm just talking about Jake being described this way. I agree that the pack needs to get some intimidation (or whatever word we want to use) factor, it's just the ongoing reference to Jake that I think is a bit harsh. He is who he is and I think it's up to his forward mates to play the part I think we both know they have the potential to play. Bring it on, I say!
The true Harsh perspective .....

If you go back to all my posts I was always talking about our passive aggressive pack as a whole

and The leader of our pack Jake who is the highest paid and most decorated player that should have the most influence on our pack had failed to lift them

The true Harsh Perspective is when a Manly team with a top 8 roster fails to live up to finals expectations

The moral of the story
Our Legendary club quite rightly has high expectations
and the sackings and the whinging will only stop
when the winning on the field starts

You've mentioned above that our pack, 'led by Jake', are now apparently perceived as 'flat track bullies'.

And - for good measure - let the rest of our pack know that everyone - literally everyone - thinks that they are 'flat track bullies', and are just 'embarrassing', as per above. Perhaps make a poster on this so they can put it on the wall to motivate them.

I'm sure you'll get a reaction from them - hopefully they take it in the right spirit. They are all 'nice' so they're bound to.

Do it for all of us!

Like Quote Reply
Lets get the facts straight feathered friend

I did not create our packs flat track bullies image
It was created by our passive aggressive pack flat track bullies performances and the media took note

For Good measure I have made many posts and posters of my passionate views on our underperforming pack as this is the forum where passionate Manly people express their views and Manly officials read them

And so I have done it for you and for all that care about with standing our Legendary clubs benchmark of excellence

The moral of the story ...
Lower our Legendary clubs Great standards
and We stand for Nothing Great

2nd best is Not a Manly thing !!!
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Do it for all of us!
The Do it for all of us would make a great sign on the dressing room exit door for our pack to read every time they run out on the field

Do it for all of us
Go out and win
and make our legendary jersey proud .
Our club proud .
Our supporters proud
, Our past great players proud ,
Our families proud
and Your selves proud !!!

Manly Sea Eagles players celebrate with the trophy after winning the ...

Lets get the facts straight feathered friend

I did not create our packs flat track bullies image
It was created by our passive aggressive pack flat track bullies performances and the media took note

For Good measure I have made many posts and posters of my passionate views on our underperforming pack as this is the forum where passionate Manly people express their views and Manly officials read them

And so I have done it for you and for all that care about with standing our Legendary clubs benchmark of excellence

The moral of the story ...
Lower our Legendary clubs Great standards
and We stand for Nothing Great

2nd best is Not a Manly thing !!!
My post was not particularly about where these disturbing thoughts about our pack came from.

I give you the credit you deserve for alerting us all to this issue :

Manly officials may read them - but is it enough? Will they act? Will Jake read them and act?

We know that you've done it for us:

It's wasted on us - we're nothing but supporters - 'armchair critics', 'sausage roll eating numbnuts' even - but we can't leave it to chance. Let Jake and our pack know now, somehow.....directly.....before it's too late.

My post was not particularly about where these disturbing thoughts about our pack came from.

I give you the credit you deserve for alerting us all to this issue :

Manly officials may read them - but is it enough? Will they act? Will Jake read them and act?

We know that you've done it for us:

It's wasted on us - we're nothing but supporters - 'armchair critics', 'sausage roll eating numbnuts' even - but we can't leave it to chance. Let Jake and our pack know now, somehow.....directly.....before it's too late.
I do like a good sausage roll!

A leader of the pack leads by example that inspires the rest to lift and follow. Actions speak louder than words.

I have a feeling that our pack will be highly competitive this season. Seibold will have them working very differently from what we became used to with Des. Jake will be essential to leading the younger forwards in the new systems that Seibold is introducing right now. I don't see much change in 2023 to how Jake was utilised last season. It's not on Jake to change how he plays. Clearly, we need more aggression from the rest of our middle forwards in both attack and defence. I also can't see Seibold continuing with Des's two in the tackle edict. I am tipping Bullemore to play a role similar to what we saw from Walker last season, with both him and Condon coming in after twenty minutes to replace Aloiai and Paseka, with Jake going into the prop rotation. I don't envisage Bullemore playing a ball-distributing role from lock though, and I also believe that Jake will ball-play less often than last season. Croker will have to improve his passing game from dummy half to enable our middles to play more direct through the ruck at pace and also provide DCE and Schuster with better ball for our backrowers and centres. Tom, Garrick and Koula sniping through the middle (from time to time), will create a lot of uncertainty for opposition defences, IF we can get some real momentum/metres from our middles and fast play the balls to go along with that.
By seasons end I expect our regular seventeen to incorporate a pack similar to the one below.

Paseka
Croker
Aloiai
Tuilagi
Olakau'atu
Jake

Lawton/Fulton
Bullemore
Condon
Fifita/Tuitavake

Last edited:
I have a feeling that our pack will be highly competitive this season. Seibold will have them working very differently from what we became used to with Des. Jake will be essential to leading the younger forwards in the new systems that Seibold is introducing right now. I don't see much change in 2023 to how Jake was utilised last season. It's not on Jake to change how he plays. Clearly, we need more aggression from the rest of our middle forwards in both attack and defence. I also can't see Seibold continuing with Des's two in the tackle edict. I am tipping Bullemore to play a role similar to what we saw from Walker last season, with both him and Condon coming in after twenty minutes to replace Aloiai and Paseka, with Jake going into the prop rotation. I don't envisage Bullemore playing a ball-distributing role from lock though, and I also believe that Jake will ball-play less often than last season. Croker will have to improve his passing game from dummy half to enable our middles to play more direct through the ruck at pace and also provide DCE and Schuster with better ball for our backrowers and centres. Tom, Garrick and Koula sniping through the middle (from time to time), will create a lot of uncertainty for opposition defences, IF we can get some real momentum/metres from our middles and fast play the balls to go along with that.
By seasons end I expect our regular seventeen to incorporate a pack similar to the one below.

Paseka
Croker
Aloiai
Tuilagi
Olakau'atu
Jake

Lawton
Bullemore
Condon
Fifita/Tuitavake
Sounds like a plan, man. I was just wondering about Keppie though - you don't think he'll cut the mustard?

Sounds like a plan, man. I was just wondering about Keppie though - you don't think he'll cut the mustard?
I think both Keppie and Sipley will end up outside the seventeen by seasons end, due to lack of pace/fitness, insufficient mobility, propensity for errors etc I think we need more mobile/fitter middles off the bench that play a very specific role, for twenty minutes either side of halftime. I don't think we get that with Keppie or Sipley.

I think both Keppie and Sipley will end up outside the seventeen by seasons end, due to lack of pace/fitness, insufficient mobility, propensity for errors etc I think we need more mobile/fitter middles off the bench that play a very specific role, for twenty minutes either side of halftime. I don't think we get that with Keppie or Sipley.
Yeah, you could be right. It's really up to both of them to make a mark this year. And coz I'm a long shot punter, I'm going to continue to throw in Boyle as a dark horse IF he can get himself fit and and on the park consistently. Now, I have just returned from a stint in the US and 2nd day back I got a gastro bug that landed me in hospital on a drip, so Boyle could be my "gut feeling" player ..... or I could just still be crook!!

Beware that gastro bug by the way - very unpleasant. I have PTSD about French Toast now.

Yeah, you could be right. It's really up to both of them to make a mark this year. And coz I'm a long shot punter, I'm going to continue to throw in Boyle as a dark horse IF he can get himself fit and and on the park consistently. Now, I have just returned from a stint in the US and 2nd day back I got a gastro bug that landed me in hospital on a drip, so Boyle could be my "gut feeling" player ..... or I could just still be crook!!

Beware that gastro bug by the way - very unpleasant. I have PTSD about French Toast now.
That gastro bug sounds pretty crappy. It's always a ****ty situation when you wind up in the hospital mate. Enough to give you the runs. Stay healthy @Seagles68

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2