Juniors Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great pics from today’s victory

I went yesterday and saw the last 15 minutes of HM and the full SG Ball at Campbelltown. As the scores suggest, it wasn't pretty. Here's some highlights I thought from the SG Ball game. The left hand centre Teapo Stoltman looked pretty good in attack. He's quite tall and rangy and moved really well. Got very little quality ball and space but definitely a good kid. The other centre Koby Douglas looks a bit like Jamie Lyon, shorter, stockier and made some good runs. I think the coach mentioned them and they both look quite good. Last year's impressive forward Rene Bagon looked good again in patches. Very willing and took some great hit ups. Jake Fulton came on as dummy half and they looked much better when he was on the ball. Captain, half and signing from Penrith Bunting looked good in patches, a very nice short kicking game and similar to DCE. Isn't the quickest though and you can see the defence knows he will always pass. No one else stood out much to me. The defence was the issue (obviously) it just seemed Manly could be cut open at any time so the coach has a lot of work there. Wests scored on their first attacking play. It went downhill from there.

What was noticable was that the teams weren't as big as the Tigers in both grades. I read we signed some country kids from Scone (where the Matts coach came from) The bigger islanders from Wests were just too big and strong. Unless we are missing players, it may be a long year in the reps.

A friendly reminder that the Sea Eagles now have a dedicated pathways page where you can read all the latest news on our Tarsha Gale Cup, Harold Matthews, SG Ball, and Jersey Flegg teams.

Pathways

Unofficial flegg squad.
Tylor Bunting- half from ball.
Jonathan Chan-lock from ball.
GCKTong.
Latu Fainu.
Kobe Fulton-half/9 from ball
Ryan James-centre second row from ball.
Tom Jarrett-wing from last year.
Kyle King-Bird-young Koori player played out western Sydney,half.
Ashton Kolinisau-wing from ball
Kylan Mafoa-second row from Raiders
James Malauulu-prop from ball.
Fletcher Myer.
Caleb Navale-prop from ball.
Damien O'Donnell-9 from ball side.
Byron Parnell-second rower from bunnies,part of junior Qld in past and a little trouble in the past with the law.
Joshua Russell-6 from Storm and originally eels.
Cruz Smith-tall prop from Townsville Blackhawks.
Charlie Thompson-fullback/wing from ball.
Luke Tucker-wing/fullback from ball.
Una Uasi-wing/centre from Tigers ball
James Uesele-prop from last year.
Tutonu Junior Wright-wing from eels.
Dion Yazdani-prop originally from union and our juniors,was with dragons last year.
Connor Morarty-promising prop from Knights ball side.
Nathaniel Bakon-lock/edge originally a tigers jr,played last year for Cromer Kingfishers U20 side coached by John Ribot.
TQ Mapusua-elder brother of RQ,from the ball side,mainly a prop.
Harradyn Wilson-half who played in trials.

Last edited:
Sea Eagles team that beat Wests Tigers in historic win

1 Chelsea Smyth, 2 Jordan Fenbow, 3 Taleenza Nelson, 4 Sophia Addington, 5 Luciana Coria-Bates, 6 Aaliyah Haumono, 15 Shahana Lasini-Rite, 8 Tafao Asaua, 9 Ellah Hughes, 10 Emma Louise Felise, 11 Tahlee Maroney, 12 Wanita Leatherby, 13 Ana-Sofima Seia Perez (c); interchange: 14 Alicia Weir, 16 Maraea Toia, 18 Cailen Mamea, 20 Lauren Beaton, reserve: 22 Oshiana Leota

Rd 2 Tarsha Gale Cup team

Rd 2: Sea Eagles team to play Eels in Tarsha Gale Cup

Got off to a great start but it sounds like injuries and maybe the heat/fitness might have gotten the better of them. Had to be the Eels, damn it!

I’m interested in the players from last year’s gun Ball side who now must be too old. Such as O’Donnell, Cummins etc. When is the Flegg team named?

An 18 year old Ollie Cummins is listed as part of western force for 2023. So looks like he has jumped to union, which is disappointing.

I’m interested in the players from last year’s gun Ball side who now must be too old. Such as O’Donnell, Cummins etc. When is the Flegg team named?
I think it was actually a relatively young Ball team in 2022 and they definitely weren’t guns. Both Ball and Matt’s missed the finals last year.

I think it was actually a relatively young Ball team in 2022 and they definitely weren’t guns. Both Ball and Matt’s missed the finals last year.
Ah yeah, thanks, maybe it was the previous year those crop of players did well in Matt’s

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4