Juniors Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Keep an eye on Oscar McMillan,plays rugby for St.Augustines I think,centre or five eighth and tough and fearless,good talker and a bit of an organiser in rugby.
Maybe in a few years he might make people forget about losing Feledy.

Keep an eye on Oscar McMillan,plays rugby for St.Augustines I think,centre or five eighth and tough and fearless,good talker and a bit of an organiser in rugby.
Maybe in a few years he might make people forget about losing Feledy.
Why did you remind me.

Sione fainu scores for tigers flegg, but manly in front early. Wonder if he left thinking tigers would put him in first grade?

Good win to the Flegg side over Bunnies,quite a few Ball players stepping up and getting the win.
Young Bunting the halfback picked up from the Panthers and was playing Matthews last year is one to watch,real organiser and top goalkicker,think he moved on because no chance with Cleary there.

Last edited:
3E6281BE-829C-4222-9E5E-61B40431E6A2.jpeg
4BE01D8F-8C67-4BC6-B0EE-0747E51C4771.jpeg
6405A19D-38B4-43E8-A097-5CAAA055648B.jpeg

Smoking Joe, you may disagree with this as you appear to know the Juniors’ much better than I presume to, however, let me share my thoughts.

After playing 39 players in Jersey Flegg, I think McEwen has almost finalised the Flegg team for his run to the finals, however, there are still a few questions:
  • Fifita can still qualify for Flegg; however, does Des want him to spend more time being flogged playing with Blacktown Workers with the ‘big boys’, just to warm him up to First Grade next year? He would be a massive asset to the Flegg side
  • Palota-Kopa came in with big wraps; however, he has only played two games and not the last two games (someone can probably provide feedback of the two games he played, as I haven’t seen him play)
  • Zane Dunford is suspended I believe; however, he would be a ‘walk up start’ when available and would add immense value to the team
I think our Jersey Flegg team, with a settled side, can give this competition a real ‘shake’, if they beat the Panthers, who are not setting the ‘world alight’, and which on form, they should, and as long as players remain injury free.

Our Jersey Flegg Team are getting better and better:
First six rounds: 122 for and 178 against (20.3 v 29.7) – includes games against 5 of the current top 8
Second six rounds: 133 for and 154 against (22.2 v 25.7) – includes games against 3 of the current top 8
Third five rounds: 100 for and 52 against (30 v 16.5) – includes games against 3 of the current top 8
They are clearly improving every week.

From the recent Australian schoolboy championships - Australian U15 merit team:

Wing: Reilly Caswell (NSW CIS)​

The Manly Harold Matthews prospect was one of the top 10 players of the tournament with his blazing pace often on show, including in the come from behind win over Qld Maroons.

From the recent Australian schoolboy championships - Australian U15 merit team:

Wing: Reilly Caswell (NSW CIS)​

The Manly Harold Matthews prospect was one of the top 10 players of the tournament with his blazing pace often on show, including in the come from behind win over Qld Maroons.
Tamoko Berryman Duff a 5/8 was an honourable mention in the article and I think is also a member of our Matthews side for next year.
AJ Tangi a lock was part of the combined NSW side and also performed well and is part of our Matthews side next year.
Both are locals I believe.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4