Juniors Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
All things going right we shouldnt need any big name signings over the next few years with Koula, Weekes L Fainu, Feledy, Fletcher-Myers, Tuipulotu, Humphries, B Trbojevic, Fifita, Tuitavake, Si Fainu Sa Fainu, GCTK, Close, L Hopoate and Quiroz-Mapusua to draw from, if a 3rd of them, just 5/6 of them going on to be meaningful first graders, with 2 of those being stars then we are looking rock solid.
Wouldn't that be terrific. No need to buy imports, just keep the money for those who have grown up playing for Manly. That guarantees you of clubmen who are playing for more than just a pay cheque.

Can someone please fill me in on Jacob Sykes.

Saw he was in the NRL rookie camp with us and is a development squad member but he has flew under the radar for me

Is feledy a genuine local junior born and bred ?
Attended a local school

Josh Feledy.jpg

NSWRL hands out punishment for Manly's ugly Belconnen incident

Posted By: Raidercast
Today at 04:49:26 PM

The NSW Rugby League has suspended a coach, three players and a spectator for the incident involving Manly junior players and spectators at Kippax on Saturday. Breach notices were issued to those charged, who have until the close of business Tuesday to respond.

Manly Harold Matthews Cup assistant coach Jay Younis was the hardest hit, banned for 20 months today, while a spectator has been banned from attending matches until the end of the year.

Three Manly under-17 players were also sanctioned: one until May 31, which ruled them out for the rest of the season, one for four matches and the other was given a two-game suspended sentence. The incident occurred following the Harold Matthews Cup game between the Sea Eagles and Canberra Raiders on the weekend.

Somewhat concerning that we have now had 2 incidents involving our players and a member/s of the crowd at a HM and SG Ball game. Assistant coach now suspended and a few players. Is there an underlying issue here? Not a good look for the club.

First incident was with a former raiders junior in the crowd at souths. 2nd incident is at a raiders game. Wonder if it is the same person or related people involved?

First incident was with a former raiders junior in the crowd at souths. 2nd incident is at a raiders game. Wonder if it is the same person or related people involved?
The spectator banned for a year is a Ms Saulima,a young woman (I think) so don't think so.Don't know the guy that got punched.

Watched the SG Ball highlights over on NSWRL and a bit of the full game replay and the new winger Ashton Kolinisau impressed me in the brief highlights he was involved in. Tall, athletic and made some good metres on hit ups. Don't know a lot about him but thought he had something.

That our assistant HG Matthews coach had been banned for a massive amount of time, doesn’t speak well of setting an example to the young players.

I guess we’ll find out in due course however, it’s not a good look for the club.

I noticed that Nepote Tafua is on the wing - is he a relative of Jorge?
(And if he keeps getting picked - is that 'Nepote - ism'?). :)

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10