Judiciary results after Souths game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree with everything about challenging the matai grading. Snake's elbow was far worse for mine, such a blatant silly thing to do.

I knew it would be all downhill after they banned the shoulder charge. If Matai appeals and loses they should just all put skirts on and be done with it.

The stupid thing is once a player has some charges they keep weighting it onto subsequent charges & it compounds the penalty into more points/weeks. It doesn't even matter if offences are of a completely different type. How can the player ever get back to 0%? He can't. The whole scheme is prejudiced against players.

Where else can you exercise your rights to a fair trial, but if you lose you then get a compounded penalty for having the hide to challenge your accusers.

niccipops said:
Manly must fight the Matai charge. It's ridiculous. Charged for being Steve Matai.
Some other guy broke someone's jaw and can get off with an early guilty plea???
Fight the good fight Stevie.

Agreed, the only consequence for baby Burgess was a bruised ego.

My memory must be poor because I thought that traditionally, the point of contact being at a reasonable height was not deemed to be a reasonable defence. I was fearing quite a few weeks given "Stevie loading".

However, I'm glad it is and agree that he should be free to play.

As for Richie, while the second one wasn't a good look, the first one was no way a spear tackle. Inglis landed on the broad of his back. Shouldn't have even been penalised.

Snake is a very lucky boy. Dumb move and I bet it's the last time he pulls anything like that.

simon64 said:
Snake is a very lucky boy. Dumb move and I bet it's the last time he pulls anything like that.
Especially when we were in an attacking position. I hope the coach ripped him a new one afterwards.

I will be extremely disappointed if Manly doesn't challenge the charge against Matai. You can't punish somebody for doing the game justice.

Even though it was a penalty at best I have to be honest and say I think Steve is lucki he only got a week - I was expecting 3 or 4 given his record and the NRL target on his forehead.

Honestly I have man love matai he plays the game like the 1980s. I bet many opposition teams would love him on there side.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
So Matai put his arm out as doing a straight shoulder charge is banned to supposedly protect the head. So the arm now hangs out there and hits the ball, deflects into the ball carrier's head.

Smart move NRL (not).

Next rule change. Only tackles below the waist allowed. Imagine taking on Souths pack, plus Sutton & Inglis with that rule in place.

Fast becoming a fu**in joke NRL.

this from Maguire...........Sam Burgess raised the argument to match officials during Friday night's game that Souths got no reward even though four separate incidents were placed on report but no one was sent off.
Maguire said: "Sam's right. At the end of the day I was very proud of our players and their performance and the fact that (Manly) had their 17 out there............Yeah you should be proud that one of your big names,Burgess is a cat,and so is his dog brother too

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/rugby-leagues-leaders-ready-to-save-our-superstars-from-foul-play/story-e6frf3ou-1226631985895#ixzz2RtOgLOMo

Snake's lucky he didn't really connect. You elbow someone and connect you get wiped out for a long time. Very very silly.

Matai is unlucky - they've always been inconsistent with those sorts of high tackles. I think a penalty sufficed.

Hoping to hear news today that Manly are leaving the NRL and are part of a new rugby league competition.

Wigan, Leeds, St Helens, Catalans, Warriors, Manly & 4 other ex NRL teams. Proper rugby league rules. Would be brilliant.

master blaster said:
this from Maguire...........Sam Burgess raised the argument to match officials during Friday night's game that Souths got no reward even though four separate incidents were placed on report but no one was sent off.
Maguire said: "Sam's right. At the end of the day I was very proud of our players and their performance and the fact that (Manly) had their 17 out there............Yeah you should be proud that one of your big names,Burgess is a cat,and so is his dog brother too

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/rugby-leagues-leaders-ready-to-save-our-superstars-from-foul-play/story-e6frf3ou-1226631985895#ixzz2RtOgLOMo

Because in the history of the citing system Souths have never had a player put on report and then suspended.

Nor has Souths ever got the advantage of facing a team a week after their players were suspended. Swings and roundabouts.

Says a lot that Souths are whinging they couldn't play a 10 man Manly team.

That's why we're called MANly. The cuddly little bunnies can please themselves.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMmHEzKuy6E

Loved watching this again. Particularly the hit on Sam Burgess after Matai sorted out the younger brother.

Love your work Stevie. Don't change a thing. I wouldn't have you any other way.

Was watching a game on the weekend , I think it was the Newcastle/Titans game, a player was hit high and his teamates were calling for a penalty, the referee said," no his arm came off his chest first".
So is this any diiferent to his arm coming off the ball, if Burgess didn't go down like a soccer player, then at best it would have only been a penalty, and no suspension.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6