Judiciary - Matai and T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matai looked worse from the back. The front view made it look fine.

T-Rex nothing at all in it. He was shooting high and it was only bad luck that got it high.

Rex no problem. Matai will go with reputation

Daniel said:
Rex no problem. Matai will go with reputation
Unfortunately this is Matai's first offence all year and should be taken into consideration but I feel his reputation will cost him. IT SUCKS BUT SOME PLAYERS GET AWAY WITH HEAPS OTHERS DON'T.

In the hands of the media now !!!

The media circus leading up to Monday , and any possible charges will be intense . Without doubt every hack will put across their opinion on both cases .

For either player to miss a GF for such minor indiscretions would be tragic.

I hope the scribes, and the tonsil jockeys think long and hard before spilling out the usual bile .

As much as we might hope it doesn't sway opinions of those in charge , it certainly does help or hinder depending on what the general consensus being thrown around is .

Kiwi Eagle said:
Swoop Matai got done for a hit against the Dragons

Sorry Kiwi, forgot about that. I'm just happy we're in the GF and I've had quite a few beers.

RE: In the hands of the media now !!!

Yeah would be a tragedy if either miss the grand final other those indiscretions, not alot in either but Matai could be in trouble with the Media most likely labelling him the biggest thug in the game and menace to society and all the kind of beat up!! Overboard hype slanted against us i'm sure over the weekend it will be especially in news limited press!!

As mentioned, i agree that t rex will prob get grade 1. early guilty plea should see him free to play the GF.

As for the matai incident. i have seen much worse escape the judiciary. The fact that its 'matai' wont help.

Surely we will fight any charge that will see a player missing the GF.

On a more positive note, GO MANLY!

Back from the game... missed the last couple of mins thanks to beer throwing, some Bronco d!ck threw beer all over the missus in a p!ssweak attempt to get the two guys in front.

Just had a quick read through the stupid DT and they call Williams' shot blantantly high and Matai as a serial offender.

I think Ryan Phelan was in the crowd, Manly fans giving it to him and he was going nuts back. He'll lay into us every chance he'll get for sure

T-rex definately grade one so will play

Matai - if deemed lead with knees it is a 200 point charge

But it looks like a sliding tackle that Billy Slater does every second week (pretty sure he did on against Manly last game). So maybe a grade 1 at best with 20% loading for prior record and 25% discount for early plea. Not sure of carry over points - that could hurt him!!!!

T-Rex has a case to answer for, but there is no way Matai should be suspended for that, happens every game, it wasn't intentional and he had no way to pull out. If Yow Yeh wasn't such a princess Matai wouldn't of been cited.

I can pull out a few examples of the exact same tackle without the player being suspended.

That Matai inclident was surely an accident Cmon

The only reason Gay Ye was "hurt" was that his body was completely exposed in the action of trying to score. You could see clearly from Matais vision that he was just trying to kick out the ball. There was no "whack" with the knees, just an accident. Thats footy.

Honestly guys I'm sick of these Robbie Farrah types acting injured all the time. It's getting old, and thats precisely why the Tigers and the Broncos are no longer in the competition. They are soft garbage.

Both Matai and T-Rex should play in the gf. T-Rex tackle was also an accident, he was just trying to cuddle him with those big forearms and gee again, there's Gay Yee lying on the ground yucking it up rolling his eyes...hmm he seemed fine two minutes later.

If Gay Yee does'nt act neither incident would have been put on report - even the ref fell for it!.

NYEagle

They both have nothing to worry about. I thought Thaiday's tackle on DCE was deserving of report, but then again I'm biased. T Rex's tackle was over the shoulders and Matai was attempting to get out of this contact. Nothing to worry about.

Wallace clocks Rodney flush on the jaw and no report no different to T Rex what gives? Matai no way he should go for something Slater does every 2nd week.

That GayGuy Yo Ho Yo seriously milked both incidents , hence making them both look worse than they are.

Both players will get to play in the decider.

matai will be fine, but to be seen to be doing something T rex will get agrade 1 early guilty plea and play although there was nothing in it

Matai wont get anything and trex has a clean record and should only get a grade 1 meaning he can play if he pleads guilty. Its all good people!!!!

No doubt Yeo Yee played both for what they are worth.I feel really sorry for both blokes as niether tackle was intentional.I have a slightly different view on what the review comittee will do(not what they should do).I reckon Tony may get charged with a Grade 2 and may miss the game.Matai should escape any charge.Happens all the time and I hope his name doesnt result in a charge.If TREX does miss it will be a tragedy but I have a real bad feeling about his charge.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6