JuDes Hasler Scumdog Millionaire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Des is worse he has betrayed all of us for pieces of silver.

My new tshirt for next year

JuDes Hasler
Scumdog Millionaire

And no im not gonna tone it down this guy should cop it with both barrels. How many of you would thank your Wife or Husband for how great they have been to you over the years if they left you for someone with more money. I know i wouldnt.

conanu said:

JuDes Hasler
Scumdog Millionaire

And no im not gonna tone it down this guy should cop it with both barrels. How many of you would thank your Wife or Husband for how great they have been to you over the years if they left you for someone with more money. I know i wouldnt.

He didn't leave for more money, we offered him more.

conanu said:

JuDes Hasler
Scumdog Millionaire

dont tone it down you are spot on how can we look at him next year knowing his a doggie coach and he might take players and staff with him .

i just cant believe that manly fans and doggs fans are getting racial bloody wake up to yourselfs.

Just wondering if the Bronco's forums were as fulll of bitterness over Bennett leaving. Afterall he did 20 years and more premierships than Des. Seem to remember that Bennett wasn't too happy with his board, got offered more money by the Dragons, and claimed he wanted a challenge. Were the Bronco's fans as bitter?
How long was Des expected to stay at the helm of the Sea Eagles? From the sound of things 8 years wasn't long enough. Is 10? How about 12 or 15? When would he be allowed to leave and pursue further challenges without being villified for not putting up with an administration he didn't get on with?
Actually I have a guy at work that's being bullied by the boss, and is leaving for more money. I think I'll get a t-shirt made up to show my disgust that he wants more money. Afterall he owes me, because I like the organisation he's a part of.

I suggest if you feel this strongly you should confront Des yourself.

I for one, wish him and any that go with him well.

Des is a Manly legend and has done more for us than most. I thank him for his great service and lets hope we go back to back in 2012.

Newcastle_Scotty said:
Just wondering if the Bronco's forums were as fulll of bitterness over Bennett leaving. Afterall he did 20 years and more premierships than Des. Seem to remember that Bennett wasn't too happy with his board, got offered more money by the Dragons, and claimed he wanted a challenge. Were the Bronco's fans as bitter?
How long was Des expected to stay at the helm of the Sea Eagles? From the sound of things 8 years wasn't long enough. Is 10? How about 12 or 15? When would he be allowed to leave and pursue further challenges without being villified for not putting up with an administration he didn't get on with?
Actually I have a guy at work that's being bullied by the boss, and is leaving for more money. I think I'll get a t-shirt made up to show my disgust that he wants more money. Afterall he owes me, because I like the organisation he's a part of.

Comparing this situation to Bennett leaving the Broncos is silly. If Manly had the unlimited resources of the Broncos then I wouldn't care less as I knew that it was a well run club that wouldn't be down for long. We have financial problems andcan't afford too many bad seasons in regards to crowds, performance or sponsorship. We have to beg and scrape in all of these areas, the Broncos don't, so a very bad comparison

Silly stuff. From Des' point of view he was stuffed around and so he has maturely said that he will honour the last year of his contract and then move on elsewhere.

It is a professional game and it is his livelihood.

Blame those that didn't show sufficient loyalty to him and sign him earlier.

9 full years and 2 premierships show me that he was loyal to Manly.

Mate by all reports Des could of earned more coin here so you should put your focus on the board for allowing this to happen.

Never forget was Des has done for our club as a player and coach - yes we are dissappointed he has lef in these circumstances but he has given more to us than most.

Moops said:
Newcastle_Scotty said:

Comparing this situation to Bennett leaving the Broncos is silly. If Manly had the unlimited resources of the Broncos then I wouldn't care less as I knew that it was a well run club that wouldn't be down for long. We have financial problems andcan't afford too many bad seasons in regards to crowds, performance or sponsorship. We have to beg and scrape in all of these areas, the Broncos don't, so a very bad comparison

So my other analogy is fine then?
I don't understand what you are getting at, so if we had tons of money you wouldn't be bittter aboout Des leaving, so its all about the money for you?
Yet isn't that the subject of the thread? Des chasing money. When in actual fact there was more money to stay apparently.
Des is doing 9 years in the job, that's more than most coaches stay in one place and every one here wants to hold him hostage, just because he is a Manly legend. It's rather insulting I think. Players and coaches and regular Joe's go chasing dollars all the time, some are traitors, and some aren't, it's hardly a fair situation.

Newcastle_Scotty said:

It was Bennett and his boyfriend that moved on. He didn't take his staff and the Broncos recruitment manager with him. That's the worry here. If Crusher re-signed with the club tomorrow this place would be a lot calmer.

Everyone is running on a lot of what ifs how about we wait and confirm whats happening with Players / Staff other than Will Hopoate and Des Hasler.

conanu said:

JuDes Hasler
Scumdog Millionaire

It wasn't about the money, we offered him more. Obviously the situation with the Board was worse than we thought.

The biggest problem with being a Private organisation: most of the Board won't get held to account like they were at Parramatta.

Newcastle_Scotty said:

Nice. But no-one should doubt Des is loyal.

The worst thing you can do to loyalty is use it against itself. Des has flipped. He's loyal, no doubt. But it hasn't been reciprocated.

I think some board member heads need to roll, and that's because I love this organisation he is/was involved in and they allowed talent, his talent, to walk.

Perhaps they think they can get a cheaper premiership winning coach?

Look the title of this post was meant to shock and i do hope he sees it (doubt he has ever looked on here) and maybe it is harsh but I cant help but feeling our club has been betrayed it is too easy to just start blaming the board for all this and let Des go with a big hug and a thankyou.

Firstly I reckon the guys on the board are all thoroughly useless and I dont want to start on them yet as they unfortunately are still part of the club. However they have stuffed up no doubt but lets face it why has Des or Zorba or anyone not come out and said they were unhappy to the point where they will leave if something is not done about them.

Des must cop some blame here. Appartently he had the ****s because the board wouldnt sign off on his 4 year plan, but did anyone think that maybe we couldnt afford his 4 year plan and maybe he couldnt handle the fact that we couldnt afford it.

I am so upset, because for me Des was the man he was the last real underdog helper the last loyalty man that I believed in unconditionally His players would die for him and i probably would have done whatever he asked of me too and had so much faith in him he was our savior our messiah after the northern eagles dark days. Even when we lost I actually believed it was planned by him so we would come back stronger (I thought that about the Dragons game this year cause it didnt make any sense) and I feel has let me down with an almighty bang. If Des knew me and what I really thought of him he would be annoyed with himself for hurting my feelings so much.

You guys are so quick to say he hasnt left for money but simple fact is that he has. It may not be his own personal salary but it is everyone else that is part of his crew. It is more money for Jnr players and feeder teams, equipment etc. It is more money more resources its just plain more and Des is kidding himself if he thinks otherwise.

I also believe that our offering of more money this week was a wasted exercise as Des had already agreed to terms with the Dogs and we could have offered to over-throw the board and give him all the Tea in China but all that has done is give Des the ability to say he was offered more to stay at Manly which is true but false in the same breath because he couldnt accept our contract as he cant get out of his new contract. Sad thing is because he had agreed to terms with them he couldnt even bump up his price that they were paying.

I know alot of you are holding back because you think he may return one day, but he wont. Des is stubborn to the point of he would rather hurt himself than let someone else get it over him. He is gone and he wont be coming back.

The difference between him leaving and Bennett is massive. A few years ago Wayne had agreed to join the Roosters and out of repect for the Broncos he said if you leak any of this to the press i will not come fullstop. They leaked it and Bennett said sorry no go.

Des has unfortunately danced to Greenbergs money flute. It is obvious Greenburg has said to Des we want to announce this you said we could after the GF and our fans are getting restless. Des probably said "no not yet" and sleazy Greenburg has said "well Des we will pull the offer if you dont announce it now Des said "ok" This style of announcement goes against all he stands for and why?? because of money fullstop.

Bennett didnt have a massive problem with the board at the Broncos and when he left the Broncos he didnt say its the Broncos fault that im leaving and take all his support staff with him, he also didnt do too much coaxing of Darius Boyd as Boyd was off contract at the end of that season he didnt activate a get out clause. Bennett also dint turn the NRL the media and everyone who wasnt broncos agaionst them to win a GF in the previous year. Bennett also left a club with more money and resources than any other club to go and coach one that hadnt won a premiership in 30 years albeit a very rich one.

Bennett handled that situation a million times better than Des has. Des has done it grand final week, The day after presentation and also with more than a year to run on his contract. He is now blaming the club for not doing whatever. He has done it straight after bad news about Hoppa and has also created a media frenzy. He didnt even bother to thank the loyal fans and express any sympathy or regret that it had happened to us. Bennett let it out to the media toward the end of his last season when all the succession plans were in place to enable a smooth transition without a media beat up.

Guys im sorry but Des has well and truly hammered us and at the moment im not sure if he cares.

I said it before and dont want to even contemplate it but with Quantum losing 10mil this year and after Zorbas sacking I reckon Penn is looking for an out as it was Zorba who got his nephew involved in the first place, after a few lean years we could be like north sydney bears dust by 2015 and maybe then you guys thanking Des will be a bit more annoyed with him on reflection.

God I hope he isnt taking all his support staff it will kill us. I think Toovey is an awesome replacement and i could see him getting the same results but not if he has to build a support team from scratch as he doesnt have the expertise to design that structure.

Guys today i actually felt really upset looking at my new KASPERSKY jersey hanging in the wardrobe today and also when i saw my 3 year old nephews 08 jersey folded in his cupboard. He was born in July 08 and i convinced my brother who is a big Roosters fan to allow his only son to support Manly as he was born in 08 my brother allowed it and after the last couple of days I feel guilty for doing that. Many of you wont ever feel that way because maybe it is borderline obsessive but I cant change it that is how I love my friends and family and that is how I support my club its all or nothing. I have never had such a negative feeling when looking at my Manly gear.

But rest assured unlike our old mate Des I aint going anywhere, Manly to the grave!.

I don't believe we offered him more money. This is a smokescreen to justify his actions so he doesn't come across as a money hungry dog.
Why else would he come out with the Quote " show me the money".

I say let him walk without a payout & see who walks with him & who stays.

If all the support staff are going with him The Dogs will have a hell of a time sacking their existing crew to make way for the ex Manly coaching staff. They will be in just as much of a mess as us.

Let him accept the reality of his actions . He does not deserve the opportunity to defend this club's premiership.

Jono said:
conanu said:

JuDes Hasler
Scumdog Millionaire

It wasn't about the money, we offered him more. Obviously the situation with the Board was worse than we thought.

The biggest problem with being a Private organisation: most of the Board won't get held to account like they were at Parramatta.

You last paragraph jono is spot on, this is what disgust me the most.

The donkeys are lucky that they have a wealth of talent in the region and they all want to play for them. Manly on the other hand is competing with other Sydney clubs for the same talent, the majority of our squad apart for a few would never have had Manly as a first option if the team the supported as a youngster offered them a contract.

Des was really the glue that held the pieces together, youngsters wanted to come and play for him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4