JT vs Joey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Totally different players, but it's Thurston for mine. Johns was a smart thinking player, who worked very hard at his game, where i think Thurston is just a natural talent.

Johns by a country mile, with a lot of daylight in between them.

Thurston is a top competitor, but without the complete skill set Johns had and hasn't brought any new stuff to the game, which Johns seemed to do week after week

Totally different players, but it's Thurston for mine. Johns was a smart thinking player, who worked very hard at his game, where i think Thurston is just a natural talent.
I actually think it is the other way around - JT has had to work hard on his game and Johns is the natural talent (although worked hard as well of course). Both are great players, but Johns had it all and held greater influence over the big games.

I think it's the opposite Johns was very naturally talented and lived of it. So much so as a youngster the Knights contemplated cutting him early on, because of his laziness and lack of effort of the field. Things clicked for him and he then became dedicated to the game and in my time the greatest footballer I have ever seen. Teams wouldn't target Johns in defence like they can with Thurston because Johns hit hard. Johns changed the game (along with his brother Matty) the width and speed of there passing. Obviously Johns kicking game he produced kicks never seen before. His best trait tho which I don't think Thurston has, was the ability to make players around him better. Guys like Odavis, Hughes, Tahu, Gidley to a certain extent all became Test players on the back of Johns making them look better.

If they were on the same team. I think I would prefer the ball in Johns hand. Seems more likely to take control and make something happen... Johns

If Joey's not a natural talent then nothing ever will be...I respect your opinion, but that vision and the innovation was the work of genius rather than a hard worker; I mean he was on E for most of his career.

Joey still in front for me. Much better defender than JT over his entire career, he understood the game so well and and had ability to play off the cuff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6