Josh Massoud tweeted recruitment news?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think signing other players may actually help keep dce not the other way around. @Ryan you may have to take back all those horrible things you said about the current administration about signings :giggle: he missed your deadline about a week but he'll beat the may deadline lol

Sounds promising question however, looking to the future I have the feeling gutherson will be our 6 but where does Tom fit?
Does Jorge go to the pack we cannot hold kick back or we lose him.

Tom is only 18, very young to be playing first grade. For season 2015/16 he will be back-up to snake as he tends to miss a few games a year.

Snake will likely retire or head off to England at the end of 2016, don't be surprised if the club keeps him on as coaching staff.

Tom will be the permanent Fullback in 2017 beyond at 20/21 years old.

If we get elgey, I wont be surprised if killer moves to 6, hiku to right centre and Gutho on the wing.

Im not convinced that gutho is a no.6, but I can see qualities that would make him a 6 if he worked at it.

Plus he is a solid goal kicker.

How I see it if elgey signs with us and I was dce I would do a double pike flip what ever that is " and stay with manly . With elgey and sezer gone from titans jesus cherry won't have much around him . Look after your career mate and stay with strength.

So at the end of 2017 we will have Elgey , Tom & Jake , as well as Clinton Gutherson all coming off contract at the same time. Can't wait for that.
Just imagine how good those four could potentially be by the end of '17? Exciting times ahead boys!!

Can't believe the NRL/Titans have allowed both there incumbent halves to sign with other clubs
image.jpg

If Gutherson did develop as a 5/8 that's our spine sewn up long term 1.Trbejovic 6. Gutherson 7. Elgey 9. Hodges that's something for us to build around
I think Gutho has it in him. He likes to attack the line, has the short kicking game, pacey, solid passer...

Also - beefy drop out and good goal kicker. And local junior. Solid all round package.

Hope his knee gets back to 100%

If Gutherson did develop as a 5/8 that's our spine sewn up long term 1.Trbejovic 6. Gutherson 7. Elgey 9. Hodges that's something for us to build around

What has given you the impression Gutho can be an NRL 5/8 he never even played 20's there. I like him as a solid winger/ potentially a centre but he isn't a future immortal. I don't think he's good enough to throw him into a position he hasn't played an just expect him to shine. I think that's detrimental to him and the team. Australia has become obsessed with picking players out of position. Ala the Australian team

What has given you the impression Gutho can be an NRL 5/8 he never even played 20's there. I like him as a solid winger/ potentially a centre but he isn't a future immortal. I don't think he's good enough to throw him into a position he hasn't played an just expect him to shine. I think that's detrimental to him and the team. Australia has become obsessed with picking players out of position. Ala the Australian team
Lurker I think it's a similar thing to they way we feel Hiku has potential there except Gutho has a handy kicking game, at least close to the line, which adds another factor.

Speedy guys who can attack the line and offer options putting the defence on the back foot are ideal modern 5/8's. Provided they can handle themselves in defence too.

I like Gutherson but let the kid get a season of solid first grade under his belt before we make him play a position he has never played.

Bozo who is now doing our recruiting will have someone in mind because it would be unfair on Elgey to try and run a team with a guy with no 5/8 experience.

I like Gutherson but let the kid get a season of solid first grade under his belt before we make him play a position he has never played.

Bozo who is now doing our recruiting will have someone in mind because it would be unfair on Elgey to try and run a team with a guy with no 5/8 experience.

He will be coming back from an ACL aswell, he may never be the same.

I would doubt that any assurances of that nature would be made to him. If the club get him for a good price then i would say go for it. He would know the score.
Then he wouldn't sign. He is looking for a FG position, and he is being shopped around for those purposes. One of the first questions his manager is asking the suitors, is what are your plans for him? If the response is, we want him to play NSW Cup and if Taufua, Hiku, Gutherson, or Trbojevic go down injured, we will need him. Don't think so...

Super news but only thing I would change is to have signed the Trjobovic boys to 4 year deals as in 2 years - there will be a que from Pittwater RD to Townsville to sign them...still awesome to have the boys playing where there heart is & with the Tooves/Beaver mentallity, will take more than the $$$ to make them go to the dark side.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6