• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Reading on InstaTwitFace that this is the potential assistant to Des taking over in 2025.

Gotta say if this is true I quite like it.

Young , good pedigree , experience this year at the Sharks.

Not at all happy with Seibold , but Hannay would be a step in the right direction.

His coaching record doesn’t actually make me to excited though you never know

Coaching career​

Souths Logan Magpies​

On 9 October 2013, Hannay was appointed head coach of the Souths Logan Magpies in the Queensland Cup for the 2014 season.[21] Over three seasons with the club, Hannay's highest place finish with the Magpies was 7th in 2016, missing the finals on points differential. He coached 70 games, winning 28, for a 40% winning percentage. In 2016 and 2017, he coached the Queensland under-18 rugby league team, losing both games to New South Wales.[22][23]

North Queensland Cowboys​

In 2017, he returned to the North Queensland Cowboys as an assistant coach to Paul Green.[24] In his first season on the coaching staff, the Cowboys qualified for the NRL Grand Final, losing to the Melbourne Storm.[25] In 2018, he joined the Queensland coaching staff as an assistant to Kevin Walters, spending just one year in the role.[26][27]

On 20 July 2020, Hannay was named as the interim head coach of the North Queensland Cowboys following the resignation of Paul Green.[28] In Round 17 of the 2020 NRL season, after five straight losses, Hannay earned his first win as an NRL head coach after the Cowboys defeated the St George Illawarra Dragons 23–22 in golden point.[29] On 22 September 2020, after being overlooked as full-time head coach of the Cowboys, Hannay announced he would leave the club, despite being under contract for the 2021 season.[30]

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks​

On 17 November 2020, Hannay joined the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks as an assistant coach.[31] On 14 April 2021 Hannay was named as caretaker head coach following the sacking of John Morris[32]

In round 11 of the 2021 NRL season, he earned his first win as Cronulla-Sutherland interim coach as the club defeated fierce rivals St. George Illawarra 13–12.[33]

Hannay is currently an assistant coach with the Queensland State of Origin Team

His coaching record doesn’t actually make me to excited though you never know

Coaching career​

Souths Logan Magpies​

On 9 October 2013, Hannay was appointed head coach of the Souths Logan Magpies in the Queensland Cup for the 2014 season.[21] Over three seasons with the club, Hannay's highest place finish with the Magpies was 7th in 2016, missing the finals on points differential. He coached 70 games, winning 28, for a 40% winning percentage. In 2016 and 2017, he coached the Queensland under-18 rugby league team, losing both games to New South Wales.[22][23]

North Queensland Cowboys​

In 2017, he returned to the North Queensland Cowboys as an assistant coach to Paul Green.[24] In his first season on the coaching staff, the Cowboys qualified for the NRL Grand Final, losing to the Melbourne Storm.[25] In 2018, he joined the Queensland coaching staff as an assistant to Kevin Walters, spending just one year in the role.[26][27]

On 20 July 2020, Hannay was named as the interim head coach of the North Queensland Cowboys following the resignation of Paul Green.[28] In Round 17 of the 2020 NRL season, after five straight losses, Hannay earned his first win as an NRL head coach after the Cowboys defeated the St George Illawarra Dragons 23–22 in golden point.[29] On 22 September 2020, after being overlooked as full-time head coach of the Cowboys, Hannay announced he would leave the club, despite being under contract for the 2021 season.[30]

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks​

On 17 November 2020, Hannay joined the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks as an assistant coach.[31] On 14 April 2021 Hannay was named as caretaker head coach following the sacking of John Morris[32]

In round 11 of the 2021 NRL season, he earned his first win as Cronulla-Sutherland interim coach as the club defeated fierce rivals St. George Illawarra 13–12.[33]

Hannay is currently an assistant coach with the Queensland State of Origin Team
Yes I get that BUT, don’t forget he’d have 2 years under Des.

As long as Des does the right thing and he’s not just a “ corporate handbag “.

True young fresh ideas Hasler experience with footy and man management, Something has to happen

I dont understand any of this.

Des, (who should never ever of been allowed back near the club) has a ordinary roster, has done a decent job. But then again so did Toovey. Madness.

I am getting very close calling it a day, i have too much of my heart in this side to be put through this rubbish all the time. I tuned out for 4-5 years from 2000, only watching Origin, Grand Finals and NO Northern Eagles games.

I dont understand any of this.

Des, (who should never ever of been allowed back near the club) has a ordinary roster, has done a decent job. But then again so did Toovey. Madness.

I am getting very close calling it a day, i have too much of my heart in this side to be put through this rubbish all the time. I tuned out for 4-5 years from 2000, only watching Origin, Grand Finals and NO Northern Eagles games.
Yeah agree. It is so hard for fans. We have been so dysfunctional since 2015.

We are still paying the price for sacking Toovey. I know a lot of people didn’t rate him but his results were good with the adversity he had to deal with and he never really had a chance to develop.

Yep he had a dreadful record 58% win ratio..

2012 beaten in the GF qualifier in his debut year.
2103 robbed in the GF year
2014 finished 2nd and beaten by a point week 2 of semi's (by Haslers team)
2015 finished 9th after losing 6 of first 7 games, he was a dead man walking during this period with DCE and Foran issues in the mix.

What a complete display of stupidity replacing Tooves with Barrett ,who along with Peter Sharp was our worst ever, couldnt coach pigs to be dirty.

Yep he had a dreadful record 58% win ratio..

2012 beaten in the GF qualifier in his debut year.
2103 robbed in the GF year
2014 finished 2nd and beaten by a point week 2 of semi's (by Haslers team)
2015 finished 9th after losing 6 of first 7 games, he was a dead man walking during this period with DCE and Foran issues in the mix.

What a complete display of stupidity replacing Tooves with Barrett ,who along with Peter Sharp was our worst ever, couldnt coach pigs to be dirty.
Yep and it was justified by our owner with “9th isn’t good enough, we expect to be contenders every year”. 7 seasons later and we haven’t been contenders in any of them.

Hannay sorry awful in both his caretaker roles, not in league of Ryles or Dean Young. Seilbold who knows was good at souths Awful at Brisbane.
How about get fair dinkum about it fmd it's a joke Penn and Hasler are kidding. Flanagan or my left field Neil Henry experienced good job as assistant at maroons.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2