Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Benny should concentrate on wrecking the tigers with his dodgy leagues club development money pit, it’s been a derelict site for more than a decade. Go Benny!

Could be a good move to let sirro go home. Not that effective anymore.
he gets through a lot of work and hits and runs hard but is a huge reason why Suli was ineffective this year, and Garrick too.

He starved them of the ball and would hardly ever pass. I'd love to see his stats on the amount of passes he's done this year.

IMO Garner is far better in attack, runs a great hole and also passes. I'd happily keep sirro but hope he goes on the other side with Walker at centre as Walker would actually command the ball unlike Suli who is lazy and Garrick who is probably a bit inexperienced and quiet.

If we lose him i'm not fussed as long as we get Garner and Aloiai. Theres a depth problem but with 2rows of: Garner, Davey, Olakau'atu, Gosiewski it would force Des's hand to give Olakau'atu game time (he's a talent we can't lose him) and potentially Saddler which would be awesome, although that would only happen once the squad thins through injuries. 5 second rowers of them is pretty good.

Last edited:
Wests Tigers issue stern ultimatum to star player Josh Aloiai should he fail to be a no-show at training
Slighted Wests Tigers have warned renegade forward Josh Aloiai that they will come down extra hard — threatening even sacking — if he fails to attend training.

Dean Ritchie
November 22, 2020 - 5:55PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s.../db55029a1e245cd037b0be76e7fdc5ee#share-tools
Renegade Wests Tigers forward Josh Aloiai faces being fined, and then sacked, if he fails to attend the club’s first official training sessions next week.
Despite seeking an immediate release and having told club chief executive Justin Pascoe “he will never wear the jersey again”, Aloiai is expected at Wests Tigers’ first off-season training run next Monday.
Should he fail to appear on Monday morning without a medical excuse, the club’s board will consider fining him for breaking an official NRL contract agreement.
If Aloiai then fails to attend training on Tuesday, he could be immediately axed by an irate Wests Tigers.
Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis has said as far as the club is concerned “he can mow the lawns at Leichhardt and Campbelltown”.
In retaliation Aloiai photoshopped his head on a gardener mowing a lawn with the caption “I’ll make sure it’s a super fast track boys”.
There have been suggestions Wests Tigers will seek a player swap with Manly’s Curtis Sironen to return to Concord.
Sea Eagles officials are dismissing that suggestion and have no plans to release Sironen, a former Wests Tiger.

I think if he's sacked he can't play until his current contract has expired, so he'd have to sit out 2021?
Surely if he's sacked the contract is finished.
Although maybe the NRL could refuse to register a new deal with us. Not sure if there is any precedent for this situation?
Players in the past have only been sacked for bringing the game into disrepute, eg Todd Carney, Barba. Bit of a stretch to say wanting to play for Manly is bringing the game into disrepute!

Surely if he's sacked the contract is finished.
Although maybe the NRL could refuse to register a new deal with us. Not sure if there is any precedent for this situation?
Players in the past have only been sacked for bringing the game into disrepute, eg Todd Carney, Barba. Bit of a stretch to say wanting to play for Manly is bringing the game into disrepute!

If a contract is terminated it is no longer binding.

If Josh is sacked there would be nothing to stop him signing for another club.

So if Manly were [ or still are ] in a position [ with the departure of Thommo and AFB ] to sign Aloiai and maybe or presumably have Garner still on their radar to also recruit , that would represent some 700 k or so of cap funds allocated to these pair . Then still Saab to consider but that option has gone a little quiet lately . So if there are ongoing problems or delays in recruiting Aloiai and Garner or it does not eventuate , still have the 700 k available but what good or reasonable standard talent are still on the market . Fairly sure that Marty and Walker were officially signed in early December in 2015 and so as a precedent , time factors still does not seem an issue , more the opportunity and availability of worthwhile talent to still recruit .

Good, they can sack him and we can sign him.
If a contract is terminated it is no longer binding.

If Josh is sacked there would be nothing to stop him signing for another club.

I think the threat is ... that if he is sacked for breaking his contract ... that the NRL would refuse to register a new one until the expiry of the old ... otherwise the threat has no power ... it would give Aloaoaioai exactly what he wants ... to be a free agent ...

So if Manly were [ or still are ] in a position [ with the departure of Thommo and AFB ] to sign Aloiai and maybe or presumably have Garner still on their radar to also recruit , that would represent some 700 k or so of cap funds allocated to these pair . Then still Saab to consider but that option has gone a little quiet lately . So if there are ongoing problems or delays in recruiting Aloiai and Garner or it does not eventuate , still have the 700 k available but what good or reasonable standard talent are still on the market . Fairly sure that Marty and Walker were officially signed in early December in 2015 and so as a precedent , time factors still does not seem an issue , more the opportunity and availability of worthwhile talent to still recruit .
It's not a bad idea to keep some funds available for any good mid-season transfers that are now commonplace in the NRL. I don't think Manly has ever taken advantage of such an opportunity, but other clubs have.

I think the threat is ... that if he is sacked for breaking his contract ... that the NRL would refuse to register a new one until the expiry of the old ... otherwise the threat has no power ... it would give Aloaoaioai exactly what he wants ... to be a free agent ...
A restraint of trade? if he is sacked for the "crime" of failing to attend training and fulfill the contractual obligations. Would set a huge precedent to then prevent him playing elsewhere. Cant see how he wouldn't win a restraint of case.

A restraint of trade? if he is sacked for the "crime" of failing to attend training and fulfill the contractual obligations. Would set a huge precedent to then prevent him playing elsewhere. Cant see how he wouldn't win a restraint of case.

No body would be restraining his trade ... he could still ply his trade as a professional footballer and play in EPL, the QLD cup, the NSW Cup and RU, Japanese Rugby or Lingerie Football .. but just not the NRL ..

He has contracted to provide his services for next year ... if he deliberately fails to do so ... any action would be to stop him providing them elsewhere for the period of time contracted ... I am no legal expert, but I would say a players contract would have some fairly good punitive clauses for players that willfully break a contract .. otherwise he would already be at Manly ....

If a club wanted to get rid of a player on $400k a year early... they would have to pay the player the full $400k out ... Are you suggesting that the same contract would allow a player can just walk out on his contract with absolutely no repercussions ??

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6