Josh Addo-Carr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wrote this in another thread mate, but the injuries may have given game time to some probably not ready yet, which means going forward that may work in our favour.

Just think, if you have Turbo, Hoppa, Shoe, Walks, Saab, Suli in that backline, Funa, Parks then become actual depth, which is quality depth. Depth in the halves, you'd have Cust, Foz, Frog after DCE and Shoe. Then we have quite a bit of depth in the forwards, but could probably do with one more marquee forward to replace AFB. We already have Marty, Jake, Siro, Paseka, Keppie, Gosi, Guaka, Davey (which is the full alotment), but I do feel another large additional is coming ;)
Large... hmmm reading between the lines i'd say large as in a big unit. Could be a prop, could be a big tall winger :)

Seems that Walker has improved his attitude and general conduct both on and off the field since his court appearance at the start of 2019 or so , so credit where credit is due . Hopefully and for Manly 's sake, he will be back to his best and due for a better run on the injury front , Can :t see why he can not still be a strike player somewhere in the Manly back line next season .
Here’s the thing with Walker. I have supported Manly for 5 decades. Across this time we have had a strict no dickhead policy. It has served us well, with a premiership every decade since the 70’s, unsurpassed by any team, and that came down to quality culture at the club. I was honestly horrified at the thought of Walker joining Manly (and AFB), but I also acknowledged we were just not attracting any quality players at the time. But it seems to me the experiment has failed dismally, and we need to get back to our culture.

Here’s the thing with Walker. I have supported Manly for 5 decades. Across this time we have had a strict no dickhead policy. It has served us well, with a premiership every decade since the 70’s, unsurpassed by any team, and that came down to quality culture at the club. I was honestly horrified at the thought of Walker joining Manly (and AFB), but I also acknowledged we were just not attracting any quality players at the time. But it seems to me the experiment has failed dismally, and we need to get back to our culture.
Gotta agree. AFB is a bloody good footballer but based on his passed and his actions this year he’s an average human and wasn’t someone I was proud to say was a Manly Player. It’s a Barrett hangover all he saw was players that on field could get him the results and neglected the clubs culture and failed as a result.

I’m disappointed about this season but am optimistic about the future with des and co in charge. Hasler knows his stuff and he knows our culture.

Gotta agree. AFB is a bloody good footballer but based on his passed and his actions this year he’s an average human and wasn’t someone I was proud to say was a Manly Player. It’s a Barrett hangover all he saw was players that on field could get him the results and neglected the clubs culture and failed as a result.

I’m disappointed about this season but am optimistic about the future with des and co in charge. Hasler knows his stuff and he knows our culture.

AFB was granted permission to train with Manly from the 1st of Nov 2016, at that stage Barrett hadn't even turned up to work and didn't even have a chair to sit on ... so, negotiations would have been well advanced, but even if Barrett had a hand in it, and I hope he did, it was a great signing, ... we have all been very happy to praise AFB's "redemption" and path to becoming one of the games best props under 3 years of Barrett's coaching ...

And then he leaves ... and according to you he was a Barrett hangover and suddenly signing him was Barrett's fault ... but wait for it ... you are now optimistic because Des is in charge ?? ... but Dessie did just extend the average human's contract for a further 2 years ?? .. how does that sit with your case ? ... and just quietly ... there were no behavoural issues with AFB until Dessie took over ...

But fukk ... it's all Barret's fault derp derp ...

Last edited:
AFB was granted permission to train with Manly from the 1st of Nov 2016, at that stage Barrett hadn't even turned up to work and didn't even have a chair to sit on ... so, negotiations would have been well advanced, but even if Barrett had a hand in it, and I hope he did, it was a great signing, ... we have all been very happy to praise AFB's "redemption" and path to becoming one of the games best props under 3 years of Barrett's coaching ...

And then he leaves ... and suddenly signing him was Barrett's fault ... but wait for it ... you are now optimistic because Des is in charge ?? ... but Dessie did just extend the average human's contract for a further 2 years ?? .. how does that sit with your case ? ... and just quietly ... there were no behavoural issues with AFB until Dessie took over ...

But fukk ... it's all Barret's fault derp derp ...
I don't see it as the fault of Barrett or Hasler, AFB has proven to be a loose cannon and it's really on the player, but regardless of this factor, is a Super footy player who could be absolutely lethal if he changed some off field antics, which seems unlikely....it doesn't matter how big a Superstar ANY player is, if they have an adverse effect on the playing group, will generally rot the teams squad and the INDIVIDUAL may play well, but the TEAM will be effected in a negative way, which is the Bigger overall picture.

I don't see it as the fault of Barrett or Hasler, AFB has proven to be a loose cannon and it's really on the player, but regardless of this factor, is a Super footy player who could be absolutely lethal if he changed some off field antics, which seems unlikely....it doesn't matter how big a Superstar ANY player is, if they have an adverse effect on the playing group, will generally rot the teams squad and the INDIVIDUAL may play well, but the TEAM will be effected in a negative way, which is the Bigger overall picture.

Yeah Max, agree .. I was bagged a bit when earlier this year I said the more I see of AFB the harder I find it to love him ... excellent footballer, but becoming a bigger tool every week ...

My guess is AFB will fade into oblivion at the Warriors.

But who knows it could be the making of them
I think it may well ugly - will come out the gate with great impact, but unless his off field antics change, which I highly doubt in that environment, will very likely "fade" as you called....

I think all this "off field" stuff is a little over played

Beyond the very serious DV issues when he was younger everything else has just been him being a bit of a kn*b..........they are around.

He will go well at the Warriors and he will be a big loss to our squad.

That said, I do think letting him go lets us balance our squad better

Irrespective of his mental game, I reckon he will be lucky to last through season without getting a major knee injury. He was walking wounded best part of last season.

Can see your reasoning and Walker was doing himself no favors with some of his pre 2019 conduct , and was actually quite on the outer even midway through 2016 or so , then a top year in 2017 playing wise and just enough self control . Just make the point again that to the best of my knowledge both on and off the field since the beginning of last season , he has conducted himself quite well and at least to acceptable standards . At present it is mainly his injury prone situation that seems to be causing the main concern in Manly colors ,

Can see your reasoning and Walker was doing himself no favors with some of his pre 2019 conduct , and was actually quite on the outer even midway through 2016 or so , then a top year in 2017 playing wise and just enough self control . Just make the point again that to the best of my knowledge both on and off the field since the beginning of last season , he has conducted himself quite well and at least to acceptable standards . At present it is mainly his injury prone situation that seems to be causing the main concern in Manly colors ,
I actually think he is top shelf centre (not 5/8), just prone to too many off field problems and exacerbated by the run of injuries. I do hope he has a great 2021, he certainly owes us that.

Players who thrive under the Des "Siege Mentality" approach don't throw arrogant signals to opposing corwds or showboat like AFB, Walks or Gutho they just perform better to pee them off silently ala the Trbros. Sooner we get back to that approach and weed out the dickheads and gangstas the better!

I actually think he is top shelf centre (not 5/8), just prone to too many off field problems and exacerbated by the run of injuries. I do hope he has a great 2021, he certainly owes us that.
He owes us more than that! self-generated indescretions, big $$ and repeating injuries he has to be in the last chance saloon with at least the fans let alone his team mates!

Naden is good in attack but suspect in defence atm. Then again the storm have Brenko Lee in their centres so it can't be that bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4