Josh Addo-Carr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2008 and 2011 we had minimal injuries. Probably should have had hiku at fullback in 2013, Brett was a bit underdone from injury
I was going to say it’s about from 2015 on.

Apart from Brett’s ACL’s we seem to have had a golden run in the decade before that.

And we could easily pick up the “ least desirable to play at” tag!!

Yeah I know the beaches are great to live at BUT with the cost of housing and rent I think many of our players commute anyway so you can take that out!!

Let’s see what our final side is before cutting our wrists but I think it’s a “ potentially “ worrying time.
The club should buy a house on the beaches and allow new players or players out of the area to live there.. like Penrith have done in the past.

Look I sound like I’m Debbie Downer BUT how long has it been since we haven’t been injury ravaged , it’s almost year after year.

Even with what we have now , if all fit ( or at least the key ones are fit ) we are going to be potentially punching above our weight BUT the averages say

1) We’ll lose Turbo for a long stretch or several long stretches.

2) We’ll have our normal amount of injuries to lots of players and rarely be able to put the same side on the paddock from one week to the next.

I just dread the thought of it yet again.
Stay positive mate .The fortune that is gifted with injuries is what it really all comes down to for every team especially including us. Who it seems has run over the Chinamen once and then reversed back over him , just to make sure we got him the 1st time and then run over him again before we hit another one !!! Just incredible the injuries to key personnel effectively 3 of our best 4 players in the whole squad
As has been said by myself and others if you took 75% of any teams 1st string spine out for as long as what we have been without Fainu ,Walker,and Turbo then any team would struggle.
Some teams have a little more depth i.e Rorters etc no doubt but how would the Scum go without Scam ,Munster and Papenhiezen for most of the season. As good as the Scum are and supposedly as good as Bellamy is I don't think they would be playing in a GF. Same with the Rorters and I think TBH Teddy has never been the same since when Milka Penalty ran over him ,he looks a little slower and not as aggressive in defence (still good but not quite the same IMHO) ,and you could also make that same argument with Keary ,he has been knocked out as much what Brad Parker has although in Keary's case most of it isn't self inflicted. So all we can hope for is 1st class conditioning from Donny and the team and some good karma with injuries to replace the bad karma we have had for the last few years but especially in 2020.
Lots of things to look forward to The Schu looked terrific in his 1st 65 mins, Walker back in the center's gives us strike ,maybe Saab to the wing or Id like Fustuoa , Suli to come back ,Funa will be better for the run and to be honest more than acquitted himself covering for FB in the last part of the year (a pity Des didnt give him ago earlier ) and maybe Hoppa with a proper off season will show us what he really has under the hood .With the forwards Tent finally realised he is one big mofo and just needs a few more angry pills and he will be skittling players like 10 pins. Still have Sippers ,Keppie,Saddler, coming thru and of course Gauc who is a great prospect ,Jestki I think looked better when he started in the 2nd row rather than at centre as well.
Throw in Davey and Foran for a little experience and smarts we are looking ok
So lots to look forward to ,just avoid running over the proverbial Chinamen and Go Manly
Sorry I forgot the elephant in the room that is the 9 ,obliviously we want Fainu ,but I'm hoping and I think Cust has enough smarts and the build and 10-15 meter speed to make that work untill Fainu gets back ,helped by Foran I guess ,who would be more than capable of that position between the ears so long as his body holds up. If he can learn to play a bit like Scam and mostly be 3rd man in he will last .

Last edited:
I always find it weird how some here seem to hold it against the player if they are injured.....like it is their choice
Not at all , injuries can’t be helped but you have to admit these last 5 years or so we’ve been just about the most ravaged by injury of all the teams.

Not a single player would choose to be injured and no it’s not their fault when they are !!

And in relation to some of my comments on Tom I have simply said “ if we get another year where we get little from him then at 1 million a year the club has real issues “.

And that’s a fact !!

The club should buy a house on the beaches and allow new players or players out of the area to live there.. like Penrith have done in the past.
I am pretty sure that out of area junior players get accommodated at people's homes - e.g. Cust lived for a couple of years with the Verrills.

It would be preferable for individuals to live in share accommodation provided by Manly, and I think some do.

I heard Gus talking about this the other night in commentary, and he made it sound as though Penrith invented it. They didn't - Manly had Cannings and country boys in a couple of flats in the early 2000s. I am sure most clubs do this, and probably have done so forever.

For some though such as Haumole and Fainu they seem to have to live with their extended families because they are supporting them.

Look I sound like I’m Debbie Downer BUT how long has it been since we haven’t been injury ravaged , it’s almost year after year.

Even with what we have now , if all fit ( or at least the key ones are fit ) we are going to be potentially punching above our weight BUT the averages say

2) We’ll have our normal amount of injuries to lots of players and rarely be able to put the same side on the paddock from one week to the next.

EXACTLY!

I am pretty sure that out of area junior players get accommodated at people's homes - e.g. Cust lived for a couple of years with the Verrills.

It would be preferable for individuals to live in share accommodation provided by Manly, and I think some do.

I heard Gus talking about this the other night in commentary, and he made it sound as though Penrith invented it. They didn't - Manly had Cannings and country boys in a couple of flats in the early 2000s. I am sure most clubs do this, and probably have done so forever.

For some though such as Haumole and Fainu they seem to have to live with their extended families because they are supporting them.

Still happens in the nhl (hockey) a lot as well.

Rookie lives with an established player.

Just read that Cleary has a full squad of 30 to choose from this week. Don't think we would ever have that luxury. Even when we aren't devastated during the season we get hit once the semis roll around. eg. 2019.

I always find it weird how some here seem to hold it against the player if they are injured.....like it is their choice

To me, it felt like he was more desperate to play State of Origin in November, until the shoulder injury shattered that dream. Maybe I missed the part where he said he was racing the clock to get back for Manly. I am a Manly fan, not a NSW fan, so I couldn't care less whether he plays for NSW or not. I can't stand State of Origin.

To me, it felt like he was more desperate to play State of Origin in November, until the shoulder injury shattered that dream. Maybe I missed the part where he said he was racing the clock to get back for Manly. I am a Manly fan, not a NSW fan, so I couldn't care less whether he plays for NSW or not. I can't stand State of Origin.
That is the media not Tom

He gets injured in the last game with a timeline that is touch and go for Origin. This is a player that is one of the Blues most influential in games that are the highest rating of the year.

Column inches are going to be dedicated to it, pundits will talk about it and in interiews Tom will be asked about it.

Now Tom is a footballer, a footballer always wants to play be that for Manly or the Blues or Australia so of course in interviews he is going to say he'd love to play cause the truth is....he would.

Now back to the perception he wasn't pushing himself for Manly. The difference there is Manly are managing his injury for the long term not Freddy just wanting to a win a series. So it isnt up to Tom.
Also the media arent covering it the same way as Tom keen to get back for Manly doesnt really sell papers.

Some injuries can't be helped.
Some clubs do manage players returning from injuries better than others as well.
As a club MAN seem to have players back when an extra week or two off might have been beneficial in the long run.

The Titans have done well this year to enhance their brand and make themselves an appealing destination. Cheaper to live on the GC than Sydney as well, great weather year round. They seem to have good people at the club now as well in Mal and Holbrook. Their finish to the season will only help their cause. Next year could be a critical year for our club given how some of these other sides are stacking up.
yeah they are good chance of making the 8 next year. Warriors squad looking good too but question marks over location, and their decisions to release Fusitu'a - is more following him if he goes?

Wrote this in another thread mate, but the injuries may have given game time to some probably not ready yet, which means going forward that may work in our favour.

Just think, if you have Turbo, Hoppa, Shoe, Walks, Saab, Suli in that backline, Funa, Parks then become actual depth, which is quality depth. Depth in the halves, you'd have Cust, Foz, Frog after DCE and Shoe. Then we have quite a bit of depth in the forwards, but could probably do with one more marquee forward to replace AFB. We already have Marty, Jake, Siro, Paseka, Keppie, Gosi, Guaka, Davey (which is the full alotment), but I do feel another large additional is coming ;)

Wrote this in another thread mate, but the injuries may have given game time to some probably not ready yet, which means going forward that may work in our favour.

Just think, if you have Turbo, Hoppa, Shoe, Walks, Saab, Suli in that backline, Funa, Parks then become actual depth, which is quality depth. Depth in the halves, you'd have Cust, Foz, Frog after DCE and Shoe. Then we have quite a bit of depth in the forwards, but could probably do with one more marquee forward to replace AFB. We already have Marty, Jake, Siro, Paseka, Keppie, Gosi, Guaka, Davey (which is the full alotment), but I do feel another large additional is coming ;)
Naden could be worth looking at - wouldn't break the bank compared with Addo Carr

You forgot Sipley, Saddler, Titmuss, Sione Fainu........

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4