Josh Addo-Carr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My thoughts exactly. If our team remains relatively unchanged for next year then I think we are in for a very poor year. For all the slinging Barrett gets around here I honestly believe most will be eating humble pie next year. He will have the dogs fighting for a spot in the 8.
I look across the other 8 -10 bottom teams ( only to date of course ) with coach changes , personnel changes , and I see maybe Sharks going backwards , Dragons also but the others right down there with us , Warriors , Titans , Bulldogs have all added good players , changed coaches ( or for the Titans settling in what looks to be an excellent young coach ) and to be honest with where we are at I don’t see a lot to be optimistic about.

Yes, I know that could change if we add in some good players we don’t yet know about but based on the current situation I can’t see us doing much better than bottom 4.

Of course if we get a year of relative injury free that would most certainly change.

With all the signings Brent Tarrett is making he'd want to be doing more than have them fighting to get into the 8. Plenty of talent, first class training facilities, hand picked coaching staff-no excuses.
Like when he came to manly I presume he's flashing the money. I think the dogs will go good next season (maybe push for 8?) because they have a good foundation of effort. Next year they'll have some attacking options and speed, but like Morris at the Sharks I think Baz will slowly turn them away from a grinding football team to an attack-orientated side. Who knows, that will probably suit the new game, but he has pressure on him to make it work this time. It's probably his last chance

Like when he came to manly I presume he's flashing the money. I think the dogs will go good next season (maybe push for 8?) because they have a good foundation of effort. Next year they'll have some attacking options and speed, but like Morris at the Sharks I think Baz will slowly turn them away from a grinding football team to an attack-orientated side. Who knows, that will probably suit the new game, but he has pressure on him to make it work this time. It's probably his last chance
Hate the Bulldogs. Don't like Barrett. I'll be death riding him to fail all the way .......

Yes, I know that could change if we add in some good players we don’t yet know about but based on the current situation I can’t see us doing much better than bottom 4.

I genuinely fear the glory days are gone and we are destined to be another Cronulla, Tigers, Dogs, Eels, Souths, Riff like side and win a comp every blue moon but spend as much time in the bottom half of the comp.

We have always been better than that.

They can talk up the Storm, the Broncos and the Chooks all they like but from 1972 to 2013 we were the very best side in the comp. Everyone knows it.

Funny, 12 months ago i was 100% certain the Turbo boys would see us on the podium again on GF day. Now I have lost all but a glimmer of hope.

For me it comes down to Shuster, Burbo, Anderson, Hoppa and co coming through and starring or else we gonna struggle.

I genuinely fear the glory days are gone and we are destined to be another Cronulla, Tigers, Dogs, Eels, Souths, Riff like side and win a comp every blue moon but spend as much time in the bottom half of the comp.

They can talk up the Storm, the Broncos and the Chooks all they like but from 1972 to 2013 we were the very best side in the comp. Everyone knows it.

Funny, 12 months ago i was 100% certain the Turbo boys would see us on the podium again on GF day. Now I have lost all but a glimmer of hope.

For me it comes down to Shuster, Burbo, Anderson, Hoppa and co coming through and starring or else we gonna struggle.
Manly will rise again Bob, just need some luck with injuries. Des will get them focused and playing to their strengths.

I look across the other 8 -10 bottom teams ( only to date of course ) with coach changes , personnel changes , and I see maybe Sharks going backwards , Dragons also but the others right down there with us , Warriors , Titans , Bulldogs have all added good players , changed coaches ( or for the Titans settling in what looks to be an excellent young coach ) and to be honest with where we are at I don’t see a lot to be optimistic about.

Of course if we get a year of relative injury free that would most certainly change.

The real sad thing ... because it is probably true .. is that Matty Johns did a brief piece on the prospects of the bottom 8 teams for next year ... and his conclusion for Manly was, that if Tom goes through uninjured we will be top 8, if he is injured again we are cactus ... FMD ... the entire club roster of 30 players rests on one player not getting injured in the most brutal sport on the planet ...

Keep saying this is the biggest recruitment issue we have ... and betting that Funa or Hoppa are the solution is currently long odds ...

PSS .. I wonder if Dessie or future coaches put that in their submissions ... something like ... " I am a great coach, as long as Tom plays " (just kidding)

Bob, we will be back .. we still have the nucleus of a very good team .. but I always remember your statement of years ago ... " we will finish where we deserve to "

Sadly we don’t have the corporate backing to be a powerhouse club , and it’s clear you need that more than ever these days.

It’ll never change in our lifetime but we have super league in everything bar what was probably the crucial piece .......less clubs.

If there were four sides in Sydney they’d all be powerhouse clubs.

I hated SL ( still do ) but I think they were right with that.

My friend we were cruelled by injury this season.. i swear every game we lost a player. We lost turbo and walker in 1 game for an extended period. Before that we were building very nicely, walker and turbo had a good combo brewing. Really fainu stuffed us over big time i had us top 4 easy with him at hooker. The year before we killed it with him at hooker. Then we had to change the fast around the ruck game plan to accommodate levi and his level of "skill" we still had a good team doing well then we lost 2 crucial players. Replaced them with duds.. if we can keep a full team on the park we can challenge no doubt about it. Now foran and Shuster both in the squad we will see the electric walker move back to centers where he belongs... dont give up on us yet mate! We have the talent coming through and with a couple of key signings we will be back on the road.. alot rides on fainu and with the club signing him while he is on trial i expect they know something we do not

So far we have signed

Foran
Davey
Saab (apparently)

Davey to replace plodder waddell
Saab to replace Slowfua (yay)
Foran to replace croker & cust (massive improvement and he will help Shusters game big time)

Not sure who else we are looking at.. shame we didn't get hetherington. We need to replace afb and i dont see many options out there unfortunately... a hooker would be nice. Not many decent options out there either. I don't know how we dont have any young hookers coming through. Roosters used 4 this season

Last edited:
genuinely fear the glory days are gone and we are destined to be another Cronulla, Tigers, Dogs, Eels, Souths, Riff like side and win a comp every blue moon but spend as much time in the bottom half of the comp.
Spot on we are just another team these days quiet sad. The signings we get are players no other club wants also the coach wasn't wanted by any other side.

We have to feign excitement when we sign a davey,saab or a busted foran.

Buzz slothfield reporting dogs are the favourites due to a big money offer. Hah! Well he was never coming here so dogs makes sense. He can get paid more money then he is worth and play FB and probably will fail in that position.

I don’t disagree Mark but to be fair we will also “add” Turbo, Walker, Suli, Saab, Foran To the team that finished our year. Hence your last comment I guess. We had a lot of cattle out this year. I’m interested in the 9 And second row position. If we can improve here and stay injury free we will be more than capable. A lot also rides on the mad scientists ability to adapt and gameplay these new rules.

Buzz slothfield reporting dogs are the favourites due to a big money offer. Hah! Well he was never coming here so dogs makes sense. He can get paid more money then he is worth and play FB and probably will fail in that position.
Oh well, If he came here we would prob swap Garrick for him. Fox would prob do his acl in the opening rounds with us and Reubs would go on to be a rep outside back under Bellamy. It’s kind of the way things go for us.

So far we have signed

Foran
Davey
Saab (apparently)

Davey to replace plodder waddell
Saab to replace Slowfua (yay)
Foran to replace croker & cust (massive improvement and he will help Shusters game big time)

This is why we are relying so much on our youngsters.

A complete embarrassment.

Jorge isnt going anywhere is he?????

I don’t disagree Mark but to be fair we will also “add” Turbo, Walker, Suli, Saab, Foran To the team that finished our year. Hence your last comment I guess. We had a lot of cattle out this year. I’m interested in the 9 And second row position. If we can improve here and stay injury free we will be more than capable. A lot also rides on the mad scientists ability to adapt and gameplay these new rules.
Look I sound like I’m Debbie Downer BUT how long has it been since we haven’t been injury ravaged , it’s almost year after year.

Even with what we have now , if all fit ( or at least the key ones are fit ) we are going to be potentially punching above our weight BUT the averages say

1) We’ll lose Turbo for a long stretch or several long stretches.

2) We’ll have our normal amount of injuries to lots of players and rarely be able to put the same side on the paddock from one week to the next.

I just dread the thought of it yet again.

Look I sound like I’m Debbie Downer BUT how long has it been since we haven’t been injury ravaged , it’s almost year after year.

Even with what we have now , if all fit ( or at least the key ones are fit ) we are going to be potentially punching above our weight BUT the averages say

1) We’ll lose Turbo for a long stretch or several long stretches.

2) We’ll have our normal amount of injuries to lots of players and rarely be able to put the same side on the paddock from one week to the next.

I just dread the thought of it yet again.
2008 and 2011 we had minimal injuries. Probably should have had hiku at fullback in 2013, Brett was a bit underdone from injury

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4