Josh Addo-Carr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hughes looks good cause he plays in a well coached drilled side with super stars all around him. He has Smith controlling the game, Munster outside him, the best backline in the comp and a fully fit healthy side.

Put Hughes in the Manly side that ran out in the last few weeks and we would of been worse. Hughes could not create tries with that Manly side.

You put DCE with Bellyache in that Melbourne side and they would go to even another level
A hooker that plays 80, kicks and controls the forwards is a massive advantage.

And if they keep signing players like this they’ll finish above us. They are building a nice squad over there I must admit.
The thing that continues to puzzle is they did way worse than us, after us but they have a war chest now. What happened to our war chest. did someone steal it, and yes I know we have money tied up in a few players but we have also let more players go over the last 6 years than any other club, and we were not over the cap at any stage, but we are still behind the 8 ball. The mystery continues

If true, I wonder who the Dogs are giving up to Melbourne as they have held off until they get someone they want. Maybe DWZ? Will Addo-Carr get his wish to play fullback?

If True, would be an amazing signing. He is a gun. Big, strong, fast. His carries returning the ball from 20m are really strong and he is a great finisher. Surely not a surplus at Warriors???
You would think with all the centres / wings on the market we would at least sign ONE

Fusitu’a
Addo-Carr
Naden
Roberts (dont really want him but worth a mention)

Patrick Herbert would’ve been a great signing. We attract less talent than the titans now. He’s a goal kicking winger, and was pound for pound the strongest in the warriors squad (no mean feat).Ticked all the boxes for us, but again, can't get it done nor recognise our needs. Jennings was also someone who would’ve provided great value for money. Both would be under 300k... exactly what we needed.

You would think with all the centres / wings on the market we would at least sign ONE

Fusitu’a
Addo-Carr
Naden
Roberts (dont really want him but worth a mention)

Patrick Herbert would’ve been a great signing. We attract less talent than the titans now. He’s a goal kicking winger, and was pound for pound the strongest in the warriors squad (no mean feat).Ticked all the boxes for us, but again, can't get it done nor recognise our needs. Jennings was also someone who would’ve provided great value for money. Both would be under 300k... exactly what we needed.
The Titans have done well this year to enhance their brand and make themselves an appealing destination. Cheaper to live on the GC than Sydney as well, great weather year round. They seem to have good people at the club now as well in Mal and Holbrook. Their finish to the season will only help their cause. Next year could be a critical year for our club given how some of these other sides are stacking up.

The thing that continues to puzzle is they did way worse than us, after us but they have a war chest now. What happened to our war chest. did someone steal it, and yes I know we have money tied up in a few players but we have also let more players go over the last 6 years than any other club, and we were not over the cap at any stage, but we are still behind the 8 ball. The mystery continues

War chest!!!

(sorry)

The Titans have done well this year to enhance their brand and make themselves an appealing destination. Cheaper to live on the GC than Sydney as well, great weather year round. They seem to have good people at the club now as well in Mal and Holbrook. Their finish to the season will only help their cause. Next year could be a critical year for our club given how some of these other sides are stacking up.
And we could easily pick up the “ least desirable to play at” tag!!

Yeah I know the beaches are great to live at BUT with the cost of housing and rent I think many of our players commute anyway so you can take that out!!

Let’s see what our final side is before cutting our wrists but I think it’s a “ potentially “ worrying time.

At this rate we’ll be spoon favourites not them !!
My thoughts exactly. If our team remains relatively unchanged for next year then I think we are in for a very poor year. For all the slinging Barrett gets around here I honestly believe most will be eating humble pie next year. He will have the dogs fighting for a spot in the 8.

My thoughts exactly. If our team remains relatively unchanged for next year then I think we are in for a very poor year. For all the slinging Barrett gets around here I honestly believe most will be eating humble pie next year. He will have the dogs fighting for a spot in the 8.
To be fair we were on a trajectory for getting the club's first ever wooden spoon in 2019 if Barrett stayed on. Even in 2018 we were very lucky the Eels were so bad because we got dangerously close

With all the signings Brent Tarrett is making he'd want to be doing more than have them fighting to get into the 8. Plenty of talent, first class training facilities, hand picked coaching staff-no excuses.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4