Joseph Suaalii

Roosters management shocked that the mrc dared to charge serial knee lifter and rugby bound Sua'ali'i ruling him out for 3 to 4 weeks.

"Legal advice" (the brand name for brown paper bags out roosters way - allegedly) is being immediately sought.

The Roosters were seeking legal advice on Monday night in a bid to keep Joseph Suaalii on the field for the next few weeks after the centre was whacked with a three-match ban for raising his knee in Sunday’s game against the Bulldogs.

Roosters management shocked that the mrc dared to charge serial knee lifter and rugby bound Sua'ali'i ruling him out for 3 to 4 weeks.

"Legal advice" (the brand name for brown paper bags out roosters way - allegedly) is being immediately sought.

The Roosters were seeking legal advice on Monday night in a bid to keep Joseph Suaalii on the field for the next few weeks after the centre was whacked with a three-match ban for raising his knee in Sunday’s game against the Bulldogs.
Did it in the test match too.

He does lift his knees, but I’ve got to say that incident on the weekend was pretty innocuous. Certainly compared with his previous knee lifting efforts, it was minor. I don’t even think Mahoney was hit by his knee. That said, I love seeing the chickens squirm.

Well if the mrc had suspended him on the numerous previous occasions he has done it he might have corrected his running style. Instead they sent him naughty boy letters, which is a pretty pathetic action to take on their part. Bad luck boy wonder, the nrl didn’t give Brent Kite the benefit of the doubt , he got immediately suspended for doing a similar thing

Random thought .... Since getting sponsorships, private school education, junior contracts, putting Souths and Easts through untold bullshiite ....and now going to Rugby for the $$$$ ..

Has he actually repaid anybody on the field .... for the effort, time and money invested in him ?

Random thought .... Since getting sponsorships, private school education, junior contracts, putting Souths and Easts through untold bullshiite ....and now going to Rugby for the $$$$ ..

Has he actually repaid anybody on the field .... for the effort, time and money invested in him ?
It's a funny issue really.

The GPS comp is way stronger than any league comp at a comparable age so the "smarter" NRL teams use these as breeding grounds ... getting the kids in and paying their tuition...

The school loves it as a winning first 15 means serious bank (old boys handing out tax deductible donations to the school literally doubles). So NRL cherry picked guns in waiting are a walk up start at these schools.

They train 4-5 days a week in facilities which make fitness first gyms look like something out of the Flintstones.

Ex Wallabies coach a lot of the teams and in fact the GPS head coach's are all on huge $$.

Crowds are regularly >10,000 (imagine going to a subbies game afterwards where the teams get a few parents, the players younger sister and a dog or two).

It's really the best preparation money can but ...So it's a win win win situation really.

Until someone like Suuali comes along and thanks the Souths guys for roughly $150k worth of (non-salary cap) education by fking off to the hated opposition.

Some say "don't hate the player, hate the game" but in this instance I really kinda hate both.

As always mate, 100% spot on.

I think last year he showed some promise (and outstanding touches) but not enough too justify the hype.

For me the rah rah boys needed a win after years of terrible on the park performances. They grab the media hype kid who will do well as it is pretty average level etc

It's a funny issue really.

The GPS comp is way stronger than any league comp at a comparable age so the "smarter" NRL teams use these as breeding grounds ... getting the kids in and paying their tuition...

The school loves it as a winning first 15 means serious bank (old boys handing out tax deductible donations to the school literally doubles). So NRL cherry picked guns in waiting are a walk up start at these schools.

They train 4-5 days a week in facilities which make fitness first gyms look like something out of the Flintstones.

Ex Wallabies coach a lot of the teams and in fact the GPS head coach's are all on huge $$.

Crowds are regularly >10,000 (imagine going to a subbies game afterwards where the teams get a few parents, the players younger sister and a dog or two).

It's really the best preparation money can but ...So it's a win win win situation really.

Until someone like Suuali comes along and thanks the Souths guys for roughly $150k worth of (non-salary cap) education by fking off to the hated opposition.

Some say "don't hate the player, hate the game" but in this instance I really kinda hate both.
Great post @ricardo

I think last year he showed some promise (and outstanding touches) but not enough too justify the hype.

For me the rah rah boys needed a win after years of terrible on the park performances. They grab the media hype kid who will do well as it is pretty average level etc
To me ,I question his attitude. No matter what great deal he gets, he never seems satisfied, you always think, whats coming next with him

He's actually not that good

I thought he was the best youngster I had ever seen 12 months ago.

Now the gloss has gone right off, but its gone from the Chooks too.

He's not Turbo, not even close, but I'd swap any of our centres for him.

I thought he was the best youngster I had ever seen 12 months ago.

Now the gloss has gone right off, but its gone from the Chooks too.

He's not Turbo, not even close, but I'd swap any of our centres for him.
You're right, of course. For some reason he has dropped off after securing a new contract with rugby? Timing is probably a coincidence ...

You're right, of course. For some reason he has dropped off after securing a new contract with rugby? Timing is probably a coincidence ...
He looked great on the wing in the early rounds, his rugby deal coincided with a move to the centres where he has struggled. The narrative has been built around his new contract but I think the positional shift is the real culprit.

He looked great on the wing in the early rounds, his rugby deal coincided with a move to the centres where he has struggled. The narrative has been built around his new contract but I think the positional shift is the real culprit.
I haven't watched their games bar a few snippets, but they also had a problem with the halves to the extent Walker was dropped, and I don't think Manu has been setting the world on fire since he went to 5/8. He looked a bit plump last time I saw him.
They'll probably all rise to the challenge against the Panthers, although I kind of hope they get soundly thrashed.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2