Jorge Taufua May Not Be An Eagle In 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But who will not try to catch bombs if Jorge and Snake aren't there next year..?
Uate? Oh that's right he has feet for hands

Jone Wright? Oh that's right he will be in NSW cup.

Williame? He couldn't catch a cold

It would be nice if there was some balanced conversation on the player ins and outs. Instead of, Bozo is a fwit, Penns are idiots, the club is a effing joke.
Some of you sound like plain sooks. Tafua is good 1 game in 4. He has become very inconsistent, although he has battled injuries.
I am not sure he will be kept, because of that inconsistency
I swear I have not hacked and am posting out of the account of @Wombat Legacy

I read here that Uate is no chance of being at Manly for 2017, according to a live blog by Paul Kent. Therefore, we may be looking at Tupou, and Taufua being our wingers. Jorge offers much more than a dicey bomb catch, he is proactive in receiving the ball from the kick off, and is quick enough, safe, and strong enough to give us a good foundation for our set. He always makes Good metres with the ball, and his return from the kickoff is towards the centre of the field, allowing our forwards to continue a roll on. I think he is invaluable.

Last edited:
Kick returns are Jorges' biggest asset! He often tops the meters gained. With Matai possibly retiring and jorge, thats a huge hole left at the back in kick return. I don't want Tommy hitting it up too often from the back getting smashed and brad parker is pretty small. Thats an important part of the game, getting those meters from the back and out of dummy half when the forwards tire. Just needs to fix his bomb catching. Is still a great finisher, can carry 3 defenders across the line or run over them. Not catching bombs is a worry though.

Need one of these big fiji wingers like semi or koribetti

Kick returns are Jorges' biggest asset! He often tops the meters gained. With Matai possibly retiring and jorge, thats a huge hole left at the back in kick return. I don't want Tommy hitting it up too often from the back getting smashed and brad parker is pretty small. Thats an important part of the game, getting those meters from the back and out of dummy half when the forwards tire. Just needs to fix his bomb catching. Is still a great finisher, can carry 3 defenders across the line or run over them. Not catching bombs is a worry though.

Need one of these big fiji wingers like semi or koribetti
I would of thought "catching bombs"wouldn't be too hard to rectify at training.Granted the pressure level is greatly different but it's the same as any training.If a winger gets out jumped by his opposite,so be it,can't help the fact the other bloke has a greater run up and in some cases a lot taller.If that's Taufua's only weakness,I wouldn't be too concerned,just needs a decent coach to work on it

It would be nice if there was some balanced conversation on the player ins and outs. Instead of, Bozo is a fwit, Penns are idiots, the club is a effing joke.
Some of you sound like plain sooks. Tafua is good 1 game in 4. He has become very inconsistent, although he has battled injuries.
I am not sure he will be kept, because of that inconsistency

Jorge has been ok in the past catching the high ball (never great), if his shoulder can recover he should be able to improve.

Tupou > Taufua > Wiliame > Uate IMO

And there are plenty of wingers in the comp who are better than all 4.

Brad Parker will be in the mix as a winger before Williame. I would train him there all pre season as he has pace and can catch a bomb. Also reads the game very well for a young fella (better than TT by a long way) so less chance of being suckered in.

Brad Parker will be in the mix as a winger before Williame. I would train him there all pre season as he has pace and can catch a bomb. Also reads the game very well for a young fella (better than TT by a long way) so less chance of being suckered in.
Reads the game better than Tom Turbo? When pigs fly mate.

Can't believe some of the posts on here about Jorge. When he is fit, he's up there with some of the best. You don't pay massive $$$ for wingers and Jorge fits the bill. His carries from our own end along with Matai are massive to our team and he scores some freakish tries. Even the best wingers have the occasional defensive lapse and with the set block plays just about every team run they usually have to make the instant decision to stay out or come in. They get found out very easily, partly due to the attacking brilliance of some halves (not ours)

I agree Parker should be in the mix, but he's a local junior with potential and an obvious passion for the club so I assume he will be shafted.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6