Jorge has to go :) :p

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know the feeling feathered friend

I miss my feathers on my head

Now I am as bald as a badger .

View attachment 11479
More curls Bozo - I see myself in that shot with the chesty bond chest....but lacking arms...I must confess to losing an arm wrestle against my 17yo mate last Saturday nite

Let's face facts: Melbourne has two of the world's fastest and finest wingers and several of us predicted pre-match that Jorge would be peppered with kicks all game. Melbourne kicking game was so much better than ours. Very few wingers would have survived Melbourne today.
If you watched Reserve Grade you would have been able to evaluate if we have a suitable replacement for Jorge. Abbas Miski is the most likely, but he don't have some of the attributes that Jorge possesses. Jade Anderson did nothing that I could see. Tevita Funa played in the centres and is a possibility. He is faster than Jorge and a reasonably big body. Brendan Elliot is a very good Reserve Grader and a competent First Grader but he's not the answer either.
Until we get a superstar winger I'm prepared to stick with Jorge, knowing that he will always be a target for kicks.

Let's face facts: Melbourne has two of the world's fastest and finest wingers and several of us predicted pre-match that Jorge would be peppered with kicks all game. Melbourne kicking game was so much better than ours. Very few wingers would have survived Melbourne today.
If you watched Reserve Grade you would have been able to evaluate if we have a suitable replacement for Jorge. Abbas Miski is the most likely, but he don't have some of the attributes that Jorge possesses. Jade Anderson did nothing that I could see. Tevita Funa played in the centres and is a possibility. He is faster than Jorge and a reasonably big body. Brendan Elliot is a very good Reserve Grader and a competent First Grader but he's not the answer either.
Until we get a superstar winger I'm prepared to stick with Jorge, knowing that he will always be a target for kicks.
Miski is a scrub with a beard,

Some of you people should watch games other than just Manly .... I'll give you a hint .... EVERY winger in the comp is a target for kicks .... it;s what EVERY attack in the comp practises at EVERY training session ....
Not every team has a predictably slow (albeit strong hearted) winger who is suspect to both low and high kicks.
Love to keep him; give him some runs in the back row of Reggies and make a new life for him.

Not every team has a predictably slow (albeit strong hearted) winger who is suspect to both low and high kicks.
Love to keep him; give him some runs in the back row of Reggies and make a new life for him.

Speed is completely irrelevant to a well timed grupper .... George Rose would beat Ado Carr to the ball when done correctly .... George is no more suspect to kicks than any other winger in the comp ....

More curls Bozo - I see myself in that shot with the chesty bond chest....but lacking arms...I must confess to losing an arm wrestle against my 17yo mate last Saturday nite

Hi maxta ...

Curls to build your biceps is only part of the equation as power to win an arm wrestle does not only come from the biceps

Build strength in your hand grip and forearms by using hand grippers

build strength in your triceps with tricep extensions

and have another shot at your mate in 3 months time

Good luck feathered friend
motivational-fitness-quotes-push-harder.jpg

Hi maxta ...

Curls to build your biceps is only part of the equation as power to win an arm wrestle does not only come from the biceps

Build strength in your hand grip and forearms by using hand grippers

build strength in your triceps with tricep extensions

and have another shot at your mate in 3 months time

Good luck feathered friend
View attachment 13854
Ill be back Bozo - good accurate summary too mate, the grip and other fundamentals make a big difference in arm wrestle....but tbh, I won wrestling drills all through High school, but arm wrestling....I am pretty average...

As much as what Jorge offers with his big hits he’s general defensive decisions often lead to him giving opposition teams opportunities to score or build pressure. As much as I love him I think the game might have passed his skillset. What does everyone think of Metcalf on the wing? He could offer a strike on the left that we don’t currently have.

As much as what Jorge offers with his big hits he’s general defensive decisions often lead to him giving opposition teams opportunities to score or build pressure. As much as I love him I think the game might have passed his skillset. What does everyone think of Metcalf on the wing? He could offer a strike on the left that we don’t currently have.

You are suggesting that we replace our best man-on-man hard hitter with a lightweight inexperienced turnstile. Jorge has his defensive problems with kicks.

I would suggest Tevita Funa as a replacement. Big unit, good speed in attack and great hands in the air.

Sorry mate but Melcalf anywhere in our 17 is a big mistake on his current defensive ability and his "me run only" attitude.
Sure he's fast, but has nothing else...maybe some real kicking ability.

You are suggesting that we replace our best man-on-man hard hitter with a lightweight inexperienced turnstile. Jorge has his defensive problems with kicks.

I would suggest Tevita Funa as a replacement. Big unit, good speed in attack and great hands in the air.
I agree. Funa could be what we are looking for. He is fast and evasive, he's safe and one of his unknown strengths is his defence. Elliott apparently scored 3 tries on the wknd too so both will be keeping pressure on Jorge.

Jorge has been a great servant of the club but I'm now ready to concede it's time to give another left winger a chance. I think his lack of mobility, dodgy hands and difficulty in contesting the high ball now outweigh his good points.
We are playing the Worriers next so this is a perfect time to rest Jorge and give another winger a chance to impress. I'd plump for Funa, although Miski hasn't done anything wrong in his First Grade appearances. Funa is bigger than Miski and probably has more potential.
We need another strike weapon in our outside backs. I think its time Jorge considered a move into the forwards.

Jorge has been a great servant of the club but I'm now ready to concede it's time to give another left winger a chance. I think his lack of mobility, dodgy hands and difficulty in contesting the high ball now outweigh his good points.
We are playing the Worriers next so this is a perfect time to rest Jorge and give another winger a chance to impress. I'd plump for Funa, although Miski hasn't done anything wrong in his First Grade appearances. Funa is bigger than Miski and probably has more potential.
We need another strike weapon in our outside backs. I think its time Jorge considered a move into the forwards.
Funa is our best option but I don’t see Tafua being dropped anytime soon !! I love Tafua But sadly his an easy target for other teams

I doubt that Miski will be seeing much first grade

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7