Jorge has to go :) :p

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des sticks with players through thick and thin. So I don't think Jorge is going anywhere.

I only half jokingly say Jorge makes 1 error each week that leads to a try. He made more than that on the weekend, but his luck was in and the tries were either bombed or chalked off for some fortuitous reasons.

I hate saying it cause I love all that he brings..... but he is definitely a liability in certain areas. I'm petrified whenever he is near the ball.

The nonsense that is being written about Jorge is becomming Biblical in scale and Monty Phythonish in fantasy ....

This week alone I have seen Tom T, Val Holmes, Codric, Gutherson, DWZ, and just about every other winger or fullback drop a bomb cold .... and saw about 10 tries scored from kicks behind the defense ....

My only problem with him is my lack of trust of him under the bomb. Not good having a guy that is being targeted by other teams because of this weakness

I watched a bit of the 2013 GF ( I know, I know but only the first half ) the other day and I think it was Brandy that commented then that team's targeted him with the high ball.
Seven years later he's still here.

Out in the open taking high kicks at least , Jorge has noticeably improved last season and even to date . Was a real liability in 2016 or 7 or so and that was not sustainable . Sure that it is clearly acknowledged by the coaching staff at the present time that Jorge has just enough good attributes to still warrant his spot . That will probably or inevitably change if there is someone in the playing squad who may soon seem to offer more and the only players that i can suggest would be young Hoppa or Funa .

Out in the open taking high kicks at least , Jorge has noticeably improved last season and even to date . Was a real liability in 2016 or 7 or so and that was not sustainable . Sure that it is clearly acknowledged by the coaching staff at the present time that Jorge has just enough good attributes to still warrant his spot . That will probably or inevitably change if there is someone in the playing squad who may soon seem to offer more and the only players that i can suggest would be young Hoppa or Funa .

Didn't he play a whole season where he couldn't lift an arm over his noggin, meaning catching those bombs was difficult?

Jorge has been a great servant of the club but I'm now ready to concede it's time to give another left winger a chance. I think his lack of mobility, dodgy hands and difficulty in contesting the high ball now outweigh his good points.
We are playing the Worriers next so this is a perfect time to rest Jorge and give another winger a chance to impress. I'd plump for Funa, although Miski hasn't done anything wrong in his First Grade appearances. Funa is bigger than Miski and probably has more potential.
We need another strike weapon in our outside backs. I think its time Jorge considered a move into the forwards.
Miski the midget, no thanks

He's not particularly tall, but I wouldn't say he is a midget at 182 cm & 100 kg. Apparently, he is one of the strongest players in the club and has adequate speed.
He hadn't hasnt shown a thing to me other than trying to look like a better player from the riff

Jorge is tougher and can tackle, Garrick let in a try Saturday why not drop him too? Oh That's right because It's obviously structure related

Why Not The god tier rookie from the 9s?

Didn't he play a whole season where he couldn't lift an arm over his noggin, meaning catching those bombs was difficult?
Not being out in the open by himself , did not have to raise his arms back then at all , just a conventional catch which again he was definitely struggling with . Maybe being in traffic and having to raise his arms did affect him then if he was carrying a crook shoulder but again had serious issues out in the open by himself too . Still seems to struggle when there is or if he is approaching some opposing traffic or players now also in taking bombs Has not seemed to receive many of those close to the line power finishing where he used to do very well and in recent times . Anyway he is still going to be there for whatever time and can only wish him well and hope that he will contribute well for the team"s success .

He hadn't hasnt shown a thing to me other than trying to look like a better player from the riff
Not advocating Miski, just stating that he isn't small. Prefer to wait for Hoppa or Funa to come through. Garrick has limitations in his game but should improve over time. However, at this stage, he has safe hands, is fast, can kick goals and is a very good finisher.

I watched a bit of the 2013 GF ( I know, I know but only the first half ) the other day and I think it was Brandy that commented then that team's targeted him with the high ball.
Seven years later he's still here.
Wasn't it the Wolfman who had a shocker that day with the high balls and not Jorge?

Not being out in the open by himself , did not have to raise his arms back then at all , just a conventional catch which again he was definitely struggling with . Maybe being in traffic and having to raise his arms did affect him then if he was carrying a crook shoulder but again had serious issues out in the open by himself too . Still seems to struggle when there is or if he is approaching some opposing traffic or players now also in taking bombs Has not seemed to receive many of those close to the line power finishing where he used to do very well and in recent times . Anyway he is still going to be there for whatever time and can only wish him well and hope that he will contribute well for the team"s success .
Some players get targeted for strips in the tackle too. Jorge is one, bringing it off our line, used to happen to Choc Watmough too. A player is thought to have suspect hands so worth a try to rip it out and the ref will just as likely assume it was a cold drop.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4