Joke (Burgess suspension)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I felt Sims could have got a down grading. The late tackle should be rubbed out so in fave of that. Sims tackle appeared to be marginal but he did catch him high and caused damage. He may have nearly got away with 1 week. Since now grading sticks I hope they treat everyone the same. Is it christmas?

I felt Sims could have got a down grading. The late tackle should be rubbed out so in fave of that. Sims tackle appeared to be marginal but he did catch him high and caused damage. He may have nearly got away with 1 week. Since now grading sticks I hope they treat everyone the same. Is it christmas?
Sim's shoulder hitting Morgo was the same as Proctor's on Brad
proctork.jpg

Morgo is just lucky he didn't break his jaw :cool:

Personally I don't think there was anything wrong with Sims' hit on Morgan. Like JWH's shot on Ponga, if that had been another forward on the receiving end everyone would have been proclaiming it as a good hit.

You know, it amazes me with television commentators. They constantly complain about the use of slow motion replays when a try gets sent to the bunker saying that games don't happen in slow motion. Yet like with the hit on Morgan, they barely showed it in real time and take it as a late hit which was made to look much later than it was.....thanks to slow motion replays. Then you get others like Johns and Thurston who proclaim it as a great tackle when a forward gets hit like Morgan did, then 5 minutes later are screaming blue murder about protecting the play makers when someone like one of the halves or a fullback gets hit the same way. Like its the crime of the century that someone has actually tackled a play maker.

Do I think Sims deserved to be suspended? No, we've definitely seen a lot worse than what he did let go.

The game will become Oz Tag before long.

You just watch Greenslime and co change it even more in the next few years.

Crazy how Maguire can eye gouge someone in the game before SOO 2 & get away with only being fined, while Sims gets 3 weeks suspension for a late hit.

Meanwhile, George Burgess (deservedly) gets 9 weeks suspension for eye gouging.

Something doesn't add up here.
2 out of three board members are two headed Qlders

2 out of three board members are two headed Qlders

Here is the thing though......

The judiciary only gets used if an incident is either referred straight to them or the MRC deems it worthy of a suspension hearing.

If the MRC had treated it the same way McGuire has been treated, Sims would not have even had to face the judiciary.

And the MRC as we have seem quite a few times, are very selective about who they send to the judiciary. That's how Sam Burgess got away with his shoulder charge on DCE in 2016 (and another blatant one against the Tigpies just one week later). Its how McGuire has been able to escape two eye gouge charges with only pissy little fines while Young from Canberra and George Burgess got lengthy suspensions.

And it truth be told, the MRC are told who to send to the judiciary and who not to send......by someone higher up in the NRL. I mean, the Sam Burgess shoulder charges were a classic case IMO. Sam was the big Pommy draw for the Pacific tests, he'd been used in advertisements because England was playing. They weren't about to have him suspended and miss that game. Basically the MRC was told to clear him.

Not that the judiciary is any better. We all know that Billy Slater should have been suspended from last years Grand Final.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6