Joke (Burgess suspension)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good pickup alright .
The thing is, these things happen in almost every game. If you go back through the full match replays, like the match review should be, they aren't hard to spot. Burgess got caught out because he was stupid enough to do it on the goal line where the cameras are zoomed in on close ups of players and the ball.

Screenshot_20190702-220921.png

Charged and cleared wtf ONE JOB, YOU HAVE ONE JOB!

Burgess was actually 12 weeks -25% for guilty plea = 9 weeks
As if he was going to plead not guilty!

Sims found guilty then requested a downgrade of the charge so misses Origin only.
How can you be found guilty of a grade 2 and then say okay, can you make it a grade 1?
I don’t quite get that, he’s either guilty of the charge or not, yeah?

I think it was $4K but he sure will be with that smirk of his :punch:

Yeah $3 or4K is chickenfeed compared to the $66K he makes from the last 2 SOO games which he should have been rubbed-out of while Sims is $33K out of pocket from missing SOO3.

Maguire's act was far worse than Sims'. The NRL is a joke with their TV money protectionism... same with everything else they do.

Yeah $3 or4K is chickenfeed compared to the $66K he makes from the last 2 SOO games which he should have been rubbed-out of while Sims is $33K out of pocket from missing SOO3.

Maguire's act was far worse than Sims'. The NRL is a joke with their TV money protectionism... same with everything else they do.
Lets not miss the fact that 2 of the 3 judiciary panel are queendslanders. A fine for the grub Maguire and Sims to miss SOO 3. Oh the irony of it all

If Burgess was a Queensland origin player he would have only copped a 5K fine and a slap on the wrist with a feather!! Les Boyd got 15 months for the same indiscretion!

Let me say at the onset ... that I believe there can be no penalty too harsh for eye gouging ....

However, This decision by the NRL ... and I say NRL rather than the judiciary ... is the single most corrupt and disgraceful decision I have witnessed in over 55 years of following the game .....

How an offense can ony warrant a minor fine one week .... and a 9 week suspension a couple of weeks later .... without any announcement or change in rules is a rank mis-use of authority .... and is symptomatic of the pathetic lack of principle festering away at the head of our game ......

After the first MacQuire eye gouge ... the league should have come out an stated that the penalty of a fine was manifestly insufficient and any further eye gouging would dealt with long suspensions ......

We are being "lead" by knee jerkers and media performers ... not men of principle like Arko ...

George Burgess doing it for his family....

"Burgess claimed he was "shocked", "remorseful" and "upset" and also realised "my career is in the balance".

"Things are going a million miles an hour . . . I swear on my kids' lives I didn't know I had my hand in his eyes," he said."

Everyone needs to review the footage of the Burgess incident carefully. Notice how his fingers are straight. He was attempting the classic Hopoate poke. He thought he was going for his arse.

Hey @The '47ers - any idea what was in this 'dangerous contract' that George Clarke has uncovered? Was it a dodgy boat payment ala Inglis? Could their club be over the cap???

Its a massive scoop.....

Excellent spotting eagle eye (pardon the pun:wasntme:).
Hmmmm probably something to do with a tattooist and freebies, but I'll get back to you. Bikies shop? Drugs?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8