Johns to Retire!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ROFL "Tooves ****s all over St Joey as a halfback"

That is gold, must bookmark this thread for future laughs, and to show people how agendas can make people los all perspective on reality. Tooves was good, but never in the top tier, hence why he played hooker while we had some shockers at 7

Just as an aside to your little retort about TRUE eagles supporters, I am a TRUE League supporter, and Johns is 1 of, if not the, greatest to take the field. End of story

Mata

Watmough had his 1st child at 16, now has 2, and i dont belive he is with the same woman, he has also recently been in court for some sort of charge

Using above rationale, you dont rate him as a player ?

Seems a very simplistic way of judging things imo mata, but may be part of your religious background which is fair enough

Seems that if people fall out of certain boxes you have set aside, then they are not good enough as a person.

Will be honest, i dont, and will not ever be that way. I prefer to sum someone up on how i find them and rate them accordingly. Would not get to know some people, who i now know as good people.

Carrying that over to the sporting side of things that is where our views are very different too

From personal experiences of my own, and a cousin who has worked for him in his profession, i know Chris Cairns to be a very nice bloke
Whoever going by all reports and opinions of him, he is far from it

Johns is a moral to join the list of Immortals. They cheapened the honour when they let Lewis in, so Joey will have no problem. If you want to talk about quality of the man, Lewis indulged in gamesmanship on a regular basis, pushing the bounds of the spirit of the game. Also if I remember correctly he was cited or suspended for spitting, and I also recall some gouging controversy. The guy was basically a cheating bad sport, but if you are a Queenslander he was the King. It's all about perception.

Lewis had one incident with a sideline official in a SOO game in Melbourne. Apart from that he was a cleanskin and is a succesful family man including his deaf daughter.

You cockroaches conveniently forget the disgraceful incident where a journalist took it on himself to inform Lewis of his daughter's condition to unsettle him before his final (winning) SOO game.

But the spitting and gouging thing is sweet as??

No complaints there??

Your a top class wanker.. you will never change because your so set in your ridiculous ways... once you have an agenda there is no going back... total bull**** way to conduct yourself IMO

If Lewis had any spine he'd acknowledge the journalist for his win at all costs attitude, had the shoe been on the other foot you can be assured that King Wally would have done the same with interest. I so often wish that Mark Geyer had unloaded on Lewis that night in the rain, and smashed him into oblivion. Now that would have been something worthy of Immortal status. Lewis was not a footballer I respected, and it's not a Queensland thing as there are plenty of Maroons that I'd give the time of day to. He is far from a cleanskin.

Anyway Brett Kenny dominated Lewis in SOO when they went head to head.

But the spitting and gouging thing is sweet as??

No complaints there??

Your a top class wanker.. you will never change because your so set in your ridiculous ways... once you have an agenda there is no going back... total bull**** way to conduct yourself IMO

Still trawling are we? Do you want to formalise your admiration for me? I can sign you up to a Cert IV in debating and comprehension which I'm sure would ydo you the world of good.

For a start I think Wally Lewis was a better all round player than Johns and certainly a better captain.

Second, I'm not going to shed a tear over someone who is gifted at kicking a football but can't do the right thing by his kids.

What's more important?

So Matas,

Do you think then that if you are married to someone and have kids that you should stay in the relationship no matter what?

All I know is that if my folks had lived by that ideal I would probably be shooting up in back alleys by now.

So Matas,

Do you think then that if you are married to someone and have kids that you should stay in the relationship no matter what?

No. Especially given my sister left her husband because he was molesting my nephews and neice.

However, with a degree of selflessness, character and hard work there are few relationships that are irreperable. Too often walking out is a cop-out.

Hmmm....I think I can almost live with that.

The only other thing I would add is I reckon a lot of the problems come form people rushing in to marriage, and marrying the wrong person.

Hmmm....I think I can almost live with that.

The only other thing I would add is I reckon a lot of the problems come form people rushing in to marriage, and marrying the wrong person.

Agreed. But that is not character. It is un-though through impetiousness.

Does any here even know the circumstances on which he supposedly left???

Could she have cheated??

Could it have just been that it wasn't working and they went seperate ways??

Does anyone know for sure he did the dirty on her??

Umm, sorry, I've not been to this thread for about four pages.

To answer Mata (from about page 2), I just don't see how judging a footballers ability can be linked to anything other than footballing ability.

I'm not saying that I support players acting like dicks, but if they do I'll judge them as a person, not as a driver, dancer, musician, artist or footballer. They are separate matters. You can be great at one & terrible at others.

I don't see it as that though. Just as acknowlement of achievement in one particular field.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4