Johns not the greatest: SBW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Bulldogs superstar Sonny Bill Williams says Andrew Johns is not the greatest player he has played against.

The Kiwi second rower believes Johns should be made one of rugby league's Immortals, but rates former Sydney Roosters captain Brad Fittler as probably the toughest player he had ever come across on the football field along with forwards Gorden Tallis and Nathan Hindmarsh.

"Joey Johns should definitely be made an Immortal, but I can't say he was the best player I ever played against," Williams wrote in his column for the ninemsn.com website.

"Don't get me wrong, he was awesome and playing against him when he was on fire, like in the Anzac Test last year, he could be just about unstoppable.

"I'd definitely have him in the top three or four, but I can't just rate him as the No.1 player I've faced in league because there are, and there have been, so many good players.

"Maybe it's because I'm a forward and I watch and tend to pick out forwards as the hardest guys to play against.

"I reckon the hardest guys to face along with Joey have been guys like Nathan Hindmarsh and Gorden Tallis, but the guy who probably sticks in my mind the most, and who would be right up there for the No.1 spot, would be Brad Fittler.

"I'm sure it's partly because I faced up to Fittler in one game in particular in my first season and he absolutely hammered me.

"I was watching (Fittler) on the other side of the park just screaming and rallying his troops around him all day and I was in total awe of him."

Williams said he was disappointed Johns had retired this week as he was excited about playing alongside the 32-year-old in the All Golds clash in New Zealand at the end of the year.

But his biggest regret won't be not playing with him, it is flattening the champion in round one this year.

Williams floored Johns with a high tackle just four minutes into the game, leaving the halfback unconscious for two minutes and resulting in a send off for Williams and a one-week suspension.

It was the last time Johns played in front of his beloved Newcastle fans.

"I'll never get to play with him, but I'll be telling the grandkids that I played against him, but maybe not about the last game I played against him," said Williams.

"I already felt bad after getting sent off against him in round one, and then I felt guilty all over again when I heard he was retiring.

"Instead of being one of the last guys to play against him in one of his last games, I've got a memory I'd rather not have."

Well that show SBW intelligence. First , he shags a sheila in the ****house , and wonders why its a big deal , then comes out with this. The "toughest "and the "Greatest" are completely different. Yes , Fittler was a tough great player , but couldnt turn a game or an Origin series on its ear.

Just like a certain highly paid Manly player who was busted shagging some sheila in the women's toilets about a month ago.

I'm not expecting you to name who it is because if you were going to you would have done so.. but my guesses would be:

T. Burns
A. Watmough
S. Matai
J. Lyon

and dare i say M. Monaghan

Well it's a back and he earns more than Michael Monaghan, and deadset guys this is no Oracle or Sherlock bull****, I have been watching Manly play at Brookie since Bob Batty was fullback. and although i now live on the north coast the person who told me about this i would trust with my life.

I think SBW downed one too many tequilas at the Clovelly the other night.
Also, regarding Fittler, whilst I do not rate him higher than Johns, lets not forget that he played in SIX Grand Finals, three times as many as Johns. He also took the Rooters to 3 consecutive GF's - not done since WE did it in the '90s.

Just like a certain highly paid Manly player who was busted shagging some sheila in the women's toilets about a month ago.
We have all had a little fun in the toilets of a night club, havnt we ???

Well it's a back and he earns more than Michael Monaghan, and deadset guys this is no Oracle or Sherlock bull****, I have been watching Manly play at Brookie since Bob Batty was fullback. and although i now live on the north coast the person who told me about this i would trust with my life.

By process of elimination I can cut the list down to 3 - Lyon, Orford or Bell. There wouldn't be any other back on more than 240k is there? My guess would be Orford. Maybe this is where he got his "headaches" from!

Although i couldnt really give a **** what they get up to at night, Stewart would be on a fair packet as well i would guess

Every game I watch of the doggies I start to think more and more that Williams is over paid and over rated.

And lately i'm hearing he might be over sexed as well.

No doubt he is over paid and over rated.

He is lucky he pulled off a few bell ringers when he first came onto the scene otherwise he wouldn't be on the coin he is.

Johns may not be the greatest in your eyes Sonny but your sure as hell not going to be. i think he has overtaken Anasta as the most overated footballer. The annoying thing though is having to listen to most if not all commentators creaming themself the minute he touches the ball.

Yep, I consider myself to be a call it as I see it type of person and I do my best to not be bias or show an agenda towards anyone. But SBW is definately one player who gets hyped up week in, week out and on most occassions doesn't come up with the goods.

Why he even gets a chance to make his view on Andrew Johns heard is beyond me. He would be lucky to dominate a game 2 weeks in a row and Johns did it almost everytime he ran out.

Stick to getting Tatts and screwing extremely hot birds in toilets mate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4