John Folau almost appeared for BWSE alongside T-REX

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It sounds like the Blacktown Workers put up a better performance than is customary.
They should get Croker back next week, and Waddle may also be given a run after his two-week suspension.
Though, I suppose the Reserve Grade will also have a week off because of SOO.

T-Rex training the house down?

T-REX BACK IN MANLY MIX

Injury-hit Manly could receive a handy mid-season boost in the shape of the forgotten man of the NRL - giant former Kangaroos forward Tony Williams.

Big 'T-Rex' has completed a 12-week drugs suspension and I’m being told he has lost 20 kilos and is training the house down.
The big back-rower is a Des Hasler favourite, having played his best football at Manly before following him to Canterbury.

On his day, 30-year-old Williams can be a powerhouse and made his return through the Sea Eagles’ feeder club, Blacktown Workers, last weekend.

Williams played more than half the game against the Dragons and made some strong runs, as well as pulling off a couple of big hits.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...jtUrgwIP35wHzdnP6k2ZfuRFVx0ck9_ByfWGrOF746-Io

T-REX BACK IN MANLY MIX

Injury-hit Manly could receive a handy mid-season boost in the shape of the forgotten man of the NRL - giant former Kangaroos forward Tony Williams.

Big 'T-Rex' has completed a 12-week drugs suspension and I’m being told he has lost 20 kilos and is training the house down.
The big back-rower is a Des Hasler favourite, having played his best football at Manly before following him to Canterbury.

On his day, 30-year-old Williams can be a powerhouse and made his return through the Sea Eagles’ feeder club, Blacktown Workers, last weekend.

Williams played more than half the game against the Dragons and made some strong runs, as well as pulling off a couple of big hits.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...jtUrgwIP35wHzdnP6k2ZfuRFVx0ck9_ByfWGrOF746-Io
Id take him. He'll be on minimum wage anyway and we have limited funds to fill the final spot in our squad. If he is fit as they say then worth a shot.
AND before you say we should promote from within remember we have number of players on development contracts who we CAN use. Just because you sign T rex doesnt mean he automatically jumps ahaed of Olokatau Anderson and keppie etc. We need to replace tangles and its a case of nothing to lose. If he doesnt perform then don't pick him, simple

T-REX BACK IN MANLY MIX

Interesting... looks like he's motivated at least! Thanks @tookey

Although...it might just be that he has "lost 20kg" but still weighs 145kg...

Last edited:
Has there been a shorter Manly career than this ? Maybe Aaron Moule

Zinzan Brooke from NZ All Blacks. Actually signed a contract under Graham Lowe.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/winwin-birthday-gift-looms-for-lowe-20111001-1l2pd.html

Lowe revealed that, during his early days at Manly, he secretly signed All Blacks legend Zinzan Brooke on a three-year deal - only to tear up his contract. ''I had Zinny signed at the same time as Matthew [Ridge], but then the rugby union got to Zinny and he had a little bit of a change of heart,'' Lowe said. ''I tore up his contract and let him out of it. That would have had a massive impact because he was the star All Black of the time. You hear all these stories of Manly raping and pillaging other clubs, but in this case it was quite the opposite - we had the prize rugby union player of the time … and [let him go].''
ec8c2ae79f63b77c8a046ea95da5d0869e35369f

@Brissie Kid - forgot about Zinzan, would have loved to seen him in a Manly jersey. You could add Wally and Gene Miles to that list as well, signed and sealed by Packer until the QRL tricked them into staying in Brisbane.

Id take him. He'll be on minimum wage anyway and we have limited funds to fill the final spot in our squad. If he is fit as they say then worth a shot.
AND before you say we should promote from within remember we have number of players on development contracts who we CAN use. Just because you sign T rex doesnt mean he automatically jumps ahaed of Olokatau Anderson and keppie etc. We need to replace tangles and its a case of nothing to lose. If he doesnt perform then don't pick him, simple
Yeah... I suspect this may have been the plan all along. Could turn out to be a master stroke.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8