Joel Thompson???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Surprised he is struggling with you guys. Does your pack lack go forward ? maybe your 5/8 isn't that great and is not taking pressure off Joel ? Are the opposition rushing up and tackling him ?? Sometimes you have to look deeper, there could be underlying reasons for his lack of impact that aren't his fault. As long as he is trying his best you should be thankful. :)

I thought he was pretty ineffective in his last half season for us, I was glad to see him moving on. Great guy and good leader / good influence on the younger players. But on the field he doesn't really have that much impact.
Exactly my thoughts. Top shelf bloke and team leader type but his game went south last year and sounds as thou its continued in SL.

That injury he suffered at the end of the 2019 season when he was on the drink must have really rocked him.

The end often comes in a hurry for players the wrong side of 30. They just stop to nothing. See Myles, Nate.

Great warhorse Thommo and always put in for us. respect.

But it's buyer beware when you are buying older players who have played hard and tough for a long time then turn 30. That's why i find all this Dale Finucane carry on totally bizarre. I expect him to end the same way. The rubbish being spoken about him in the media and what he can do for a struggling club reminds me of when we signed Myles and the same was said. It's all going to end in tears.

I posted here last season when it was announced that st helens had signed him for 2021. He came over with a HUGE rep and going of what the fans posted on here you was all sad to see him go and saying he was one of your better player.

To be polite he has had a very very poor season so far in super league. Many fans calling to drop him from the line up. Defence he is sounds but in attack he may as well not be here, just catches and runs straight, cost us many many tries so far by simply not passing the ball.

Was his game play at manly the same? Just run straight and not into the gaps and just keep hold of the ball or was he an attacking threat? Sione matautia already seems to be better second rower out of the 2 this season for us. If joel doesnt improve can see him eithef being released or moved to off the bench prop forward which seems to suit him better
Tbh is should be not up to a recruit to solve issues he a solid workman forward. St Helens has a rich history as one of the best clubs in uk for English talent.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8