Joel Thompson to Hull FC?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi - Hull FC fan in peace. Our local paper is reporting Joel Thompson is close to signing for us, normally this means the player already has. Any thoughts on how he would go in the ESL? As a benchmark our backrowers include Mark Minchiello (who's been excellent for us but this is probably his last go round at the age of 37), Sika Manu (again, been very good but think he may retire) and we also have Gareth Ellis back in the squad at the age of 38 (he retired 2 years ago to join the coaching staff but we had an injury crisis so reinstated him). Joel would be effectively replacing one of these. It seems like a very good signing and that former FC favourite Crusher rates his attitude, work rate, leadership etc, but wondered what you think he would bring in the event we do get him. Thanks for any insight.

Hi - Hull FC fan in peace. Our local paper is reporting Joel Thompson is close to signing for us, normally this means the player already has. Any thoughts on how he would go in the ESL? As a benchmark our backrowers include Mark Minchiello (who's been excellent for us but this is probably his last go round at the age of 37), Sika Manu (again, been very good but think he may retire) and we also have Gareth Ellis back in the squad at the age of 38 (he retired 2 years ago to join the coaching staff but we had an injury crisis so reinstated him). Joel would be effectively replacing one of these. It seems like a very good signing and that former FC favourite Crusher rates his attitude, work rate, leadership etc, but wondered what you think he would bring in the event we do get him. Thanks for any insight.
He will be a superb acquisition if he comes over. Very very good signing... all the noise over here suggests he is heading to the Super League next season.

If he signs... then it is something to be excited about as a Hull FC supporter.

He would bring leadership and set an example to the younger players, Joel is the type of player who seems to have gotten better with age, Manly fans will be sorry to see him go.

They would have to pay him a lot of money to move to Hull, it is the biggest ****hole of a place I've ever seen. I would sooner play for Kabul Kobras and if they don't exist I would retire

I take it that you are not the tourist ambassador for Hull then ?

They would have to pay him a lot of money to move to Hull, it is the biggest ****hole of a place I've ever seen. I would sooner play for Kabul Kobras and if they don't exist I would retire
Don't be mean. A Hull supporter goes to the trouble to make a really lovely enquiry and you disrespect her? What are you? A Parra supporter?

Great for the team, both on and off the field. Always trying on the field and does a huge amount of work here for the indigenous community and mental health. Check it out:
https://themindsetproject.com.au/

Don't be mean. A Hull supporter goes to the trouble to make a really lovely enquiry and you disrespect her? What are you? A Parra supporter?
I think he's talking about East Hull, home of the city's prison and perennial cellar-dwellers Hull Kingston Rovers. West Hull, where Hull FC play, is the posh side with the university, and where Joel may be coming to.

Wait a minute, Mark Minichello is still playing footy ?? Wow !! and you are wondering if Thommo will be a good signing ?? He's an upgrade on what you have, don't worry about that
Haha.....that was my first thought too. Rest easy @Mrs Barista , if Joel does come over you are going to be one happy supporter.
(and just a side note. I was in Hull back in 2000 for two weeks . Ok the place certainly isn’t the GoldCoast (some may also argue that is a good thing, but I’m biased.),the people, the footy rivalry and love and knowledge of the game, plus the incredible hospitality we received was brilliant. Would go back in a heart beat if I had the chance.

Sorry Mrs Barista but it would be a shocking signing, he's hopeless, can't run, can't tackle, drops the ball all the time, lazy getting back 10 metres and gets heaps of penalties against us which frankly makes us loose games.

Suggest you look elsewhere, we'll just have to suffer and keep him for a few more years.

Same opinion, what he said plus 1.
If I was you @Mrs Barista I would be taking up a petition to get your club to keep him at Manly, even if you have to pay 1/2 his contract price to do so.

To put it simply, Joel would be a big loss for us and a big acquisition for you. Great player on the field and great community guy off the field. Hope your local paper's got it wrong!

Thanks all for your replies so far. No more media updates so may all just be rumour & speculation, but if it is true sounds like we could do a lot worse! Mark Minichiello has been great for us - a real role model for the young players in physical preparation, last off the training pitch doing extras etc. Fair to say at 38 he's nearing the end of his career but we've loved having him and Sika Manu in our back row. We have a lot of our pack off contract this season and Thompson is probably the biggest name we've been linked with - good to hear we are fishing in the right pond if nothing else.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8