Joe Kelly Promises @ Albury Q&A

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
So Kelly promised us some (a number) of junior signing announcements within two weeks of that Canberra game. We them got belted by Canberra, then capitulated in the second half to The Panthers and got belted again - and here we are, two weeks later.

Where are these promised junior signings Joe? I'm waiting. You promised, so now is the time to deliver on that promise.

Juniors Re-signing = Non core promise. International halves = core promise

Priorities.

There was no promise. You are putting words in his mouth.

He said some junior signing announcements within a fortnight, and some 1st grade announcements (higher end) by the end of May. I'm not putting anything into anything Ralphie. Watch the interview again, and come back, and brief me please.

I'd like an essay, 50 words or less on how and why you were and are wrong ! :)

He said it, I want announcements.

So Kelly promised us some (a number) of junior signing announcements within two weeks of that Canberra game. We them got belted by Canberra, then capitulated in the second half to The Panthers and got belted again - and here we are, two weeks later.

Where are these promised junior signings Joe? I'm waiting. You promised, so now is the time to deliver on that promise.
He is too busy on the trampoline teaching DCE how to backflip.

He said some junior signing announcements within a fortnight, and some 1st grade announcements (higher end) by the end of May. I'm not putting anything into anything Ralphie. Watch the interview again, and come back, and brief me please.

I'd like an essay, 50 words or less on how and why you were and are wrong ! :)

He said it, I want announcements.
I've watched the interview, he didn't "PROMISE" anything.

Juniors Re-signing = Non core promise. International halves = core promise

Priorities.

No offense, but at this point in time, re-signing the Trbojevic brothers, Travers & Gutherson should take priority over Orr / DCE's games of smoke and mirrors.

These kids are our future. DCE is The Titans.

I've watched the interview, he didn't "PROMISE" anything.

Jesus Christ, your making excuses - again (siiiigh).

If I say to you, "I'll make you a cup of tea", it implies I've just promised to make you a cup of tea.

But this is semantics. Surely your just attempting to get a rise here? LOL, and you almost had me falling for it.

1. Kelly said there would be junior signing's to announce within a fortnight.
2. Your saying he didn't say or imply that.

Let people watch the video and make their choices. If someone claims that they are doing something, then doesn't come through with it, call it what you want Ralphie - he has under delivered and over promised again - regardless of how positive and upbeat you want it to sound mate.

Despite you, blow that, I want my signings - that were PROMISED to me in that video. P-R-O-M-I-S-E-D !! I wait with baited breath.

These things often take longer than expected. I assume they are still working on things behind the scenes. Lets hope something comes soon.

I think you will find Joe has been told 2 take a back seat and the recruitment is being left 2 Bozo now.
Joe can handle off field stuff (sponsors etc) and others handle recruitment.

These things often take longer than expected. I assume they are still working on things behind the scenes. Lets hope something comes soon.

Mate, you KNOW how impatient I am with these things :)

Imagine,, "sir, I'll have your 5 million dollar commercial loan deal approved within two weeks"....three months later....tumbleweed...just can't do that to your customers !

So we all agree then, Kelly (again) is not going to come through with his....commitment, instruction, advice, commentary....whatever you want to call it if it weren't a promise?

Jesus Christ, your making excuses - again (siiiigh).

If I say to you, "I'll make you a cup of tea", it implies I've just promised to make you a cup of tea.

But this is semantics. Surely your just attempting to get a rise here? LOL, and you almost had me falling for it.

1. Kelly said there would be junior signing's to announce within a fortnight.
2. Your saying he didn't say or imply that.

Let people watch the video and make their choices. If someone claims that they are doing something, then doesn't come through with it, call it what you want Ralphie - he has under delivered and over promised again - regardless of how positive and upbeat you want it to sound mate.

Despite you, blow that, I want my signings - that were PROMISED to me in that video. P-R-O-M-I-S-E-D !! I wait with baited breath.
LMFAO :rofl:

I get the frustration but also understand some of this is beyond his control. He cannot hold a gun to someones head demanding they sign.

Whilst I get your example I feel it is slightly different. Not making excuses I just understand that things are not always that simple and many factors can impact things. He is in a no win situation. He says nothing in Albury we whinge, then he says something and it does not happen exactly like that we whinge.

Tom T is signed through next year - no way he would want anything beyond that at this point because each game he plays his value goes up.

Also, maybe Joe promised it, maybe he didn't. But he also said some stuff about DCE being as good as gone so take it all with a grain of salt...

I get the frustration but also understand some of this is beyond his control. He cannot hold a gun to someones head demanding they sign.

Whilst I get your example I feel it is slightly different. Not making excuses I just understand that things are not always that simple and many factors can impact things. He is in a no win situation. He says nothing in Albury we whinge, then he says something and it does not happen exactly like that we whinge.

Might it not have been better/more prudent for Kelly to not be so specific then with his answers to these questions? He should know that it is "not always that simple and many factors can impact things".

It's interesting that other teams have been able to sign or re-sign players recently but Manly has not.

Then don't say you are going to do something if you have no control over the outcome. Simple. Communicate honestly that you are working hard to do it and hope to have it done within a certain timeframe.

No offense, but at this point in time, re-signing the Trbojevic brothers, Travers & Gutherson should take priority over Orr / DCE's games of smoke and mirrors.

These kids are our future. DCE is The Titans.
You've said this multiple times ryan but both T's are signed till the end of 2016. No one and I mean no one would resign again now. They need to prove their worth in first grade to get the deals they want. They're under contract for another 1 and 2/3 seasons. You can't put a gun to someones head and make them sign a contract. If it's going to happen it will be at the end of this year to upgrade and extend next years deal. Common sense mate.

Gutho sure we could look at extending him but he's not the greatest player to ever lace on a boot and I'm not sure that it is our most pressing concern. There are a lot of promising young backs floating around and I don't think people are breaking down his door.

Then don't say you are going to do something if you have no control over the outcome. Simple. Communicate honestly that you are working hard to do it and hope to have it done within a certain timeframe.
I thought that's what he did when I listened to it. Its not like he said on the 17th of april I'm going to announce a signing

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6