Jeremy Smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
Is it all about how old the forwards are? Just how old was Kennedy when he came to us? Beaver was playing brilliantly when he left us and how old was he? Cliffy was 37 and still winning games for us. It's not about how old one is, it's about the skill and desire. Look at the Broncos last night. They are all young athletic and fit. Yet the older seasoned forwards of the Cows beat them last night. The need to bolster the forwards with younger up and comers is good, but there's no need to toss the 'older' brigade away just yet.

One of the Great Britain teams during the 80s was refered to as Dads Army (the team with Brian Noble) and as history shows it didn't turn out well for them.

You need a good mix of youth and experience. Unfortunately we starting to get to the older stage.

The Who said:
Apart from a couple of redheads, all the Bronco players look similar to me. I would have thought that being forced to watch them every Friday night I'd recognise one from the other, but they all seem to be cloned, especially the forwards.
Is it just me?

They don't all look like Third Man to me :p

So have our forwards aged that much in less than a year? We won the comp last year

Also what about the culture, you know the one that most on here expect players to stay for (and accept less money)

Tell me this how do you develop a successful culture ? Do you chop and change the team every week ? Punt players and spend money on big name recruits? Throw on kids before they are ready?

A successful culture comes from being competitive in all matches and winning 65-70% of them. You can have a winning culture one year, and lose it the next. Cronulla are a good example. A player such as Jeff Robson is an example of the self belief that comes from winning the majority of matches. Last season he got punted from Parra, the worst team in the comp. This year he's been terrific for Cronulla and one of the main factors in their improvement. Parra have a losing culture, and try quick-fix methods by continually changing coaches and players. If they had kept Robson they wouldn't be lumbered with Sandow, who couldn't tackle a sandcastle, and they'd be $400,000 better off.

I do not think you can lose a culture that quickly unless you make major changes - much like what has been mentioned on here
Much more to culture than winning games

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6