Jennings to the Squeals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry, but some of those figures are crazy.

I love to bash the Slime as much as anyone but Watmough is not on $950k or anything close. He was in the final year of a massively back ended deal with us. $600k I would buy, but $950k is ridiculous.

Gordon signed a one year deal and would be on far less than $400k.

Mannah would be on less as would Radradra.

Twatmough's $950 was year one which included $350 from Manly, he's got 3 years to go of $600k......lucky slime

If Proszenko sees that as a shock, he hasn't been reading silvertails.

The interesting developments are whether the NRL will register Jennings' contract given the Hopoate contract situation; and whether the Roosters are making room to keep Cordner

The release of Jennings has been refuted by the Rorters.

Make of that what you will.

Here is the article......

SYDNEY Roosters boss Brian Canavan has insisted Michael Jennings was in the club’s plans for 2016, despite speculation he is about to join the club he once despised, Parramatta.

Jennings was linked with a possible shock move to the Eels for this season so the Roosters could free up some much-needed space in their salary cap to recruit Brisbane’s Dale Copley.

But The Daily Telegraph understands talk of Jennings and Copley’s double switch is in the very early stages, and was not instigated by neither the Roosters or Parramatta.

Both players are represented by the same manager, who isn’t expected back from an overseas holiday until the end of the week.

There have been no formal discussions between Copley and the Roosters.

Copley has had to find a new home after Brisbane signed centre James Roberts. The Broncos are even prepared to pick up part of Copley’s tab for this year.

As for retaining Jennings for the final year of his deal, Canavan said: “Michael is on contract until the end of 2016, and all of our preparation has him playing in the centres with possible (centre) partner Shaun Kenny-Dowall.’’

Parramatta officials remained tight lipped about Jennings when contacted on Monday night.

While not out of the question, a lot would still need to happen for Copley to join the Chooks and former Penrith junior Jennings to make the move to Parramatta.

Jennings, a proud Panthers junior, told The Daily Telegraph in 2011: “I don’t hate the Parramatta players, just the team they represent.

“If you come through the Penrith juniors, you’re brought up to hate Parra. That’s how I was brought up and I’m sure it’s still going on.”

But Eels fans would quickly forgive Jennings for his comments and admit they desperately need of a top-quality outside back.

FRESH START: Hodkinson ready to begin again

WHICH: Should Josh Dugan play centre or fullback?

FOREVER: Bennett wants Roberts at Broncos for life

Jennings has starred at the Roosters since 2013.Source: News Corp Australia
The Eels missed out on Roberts after they farewelled Will Hopoate, and Jennings would provide a lethal combination with Fijian winger Semi Radradra on the left edge.

But the Origin centre is on around $700,000 in his final year at the Roosters, which would be a price that would be impossible for the Eels to pay.

The club has had well-documented cap problems, signed big names Kieran Foran, Michael Gordon and Beau Scott in the off-season, and rely on the Chooks to pick up some of the freight, which is something the Chooks aren’t prepared to do.

Jennings is one of the most devastating centres in rugby league and will be in hot demand once off contract at the end of the season.

Copley has had plenty of interest from rival clubs, including the Gold Coast Titans, but the 24-year old wants to join a club that is a genuine title contender like the Roosters.

Gutho would be loving this. BA - top bloke. Come play for us we'll give you a shot *then proceeds to be linked to every back that comes on the market*

Gutho would be loving this. BA - top bloke. Come play for us we'll give you a shot *then proceeds to be linked to every back that comes on the market*

Well you reap what you sow don't you ( when you agree to play for the Squeals).

Sorry, but some of those figures are crazy.

I love to bash the Slime as much as anyone but Watmough is not on $950k or anything close. He was in the final year of a massively back ended deal with us. $600k I would buy, but $950k is ridiculous.

Gordon signed a one year deal and would be on far less than $400k.

Mannah would be on less as would Radradra.

Radradra isn't even part of the cap!

"Having been recruited from a rival code, Radradra’s contract is exempt from the Eels salary cap, under a rule introduced by the NRL to encourage clubs to expand their recruiting nets beyond the traditional nurseries."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...k=1f0053d3fdbd483bd3999e51f76c6ae0-1451954926

Who is the ceo out there Andy capp or handicap. What a laugh of a club. All they want to be is manly . I don't mean to be disrespectful with the use of the word handicap but sterling , Kenny , Cronin and Co must be thinking Wtf.

Surely Jennings has a say in this. If he gets paid the same whether he plays for the roosters or the eels surely he will refuse to leave the roosters.

Why would he leave all his mates who he won a comp with and one of the most successful and professional clubs in the game to go to arguably the worst club in the comp with a history of destroying players careers for no financial gain. Makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2