Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Harper might be a goal kicker.
I've seen Tyfuna kick but he is not a sweet timer. He'd need to improve greatly to be a regular goal kicker in the NRL where conversions are so vital.

From what I've seen, you can put it this way.... I'd rather Matty Orford kicking for my life than having Funa as our full time kicker

They have Lomax and Williame - he's not better than either of those two. Plus they have the NSW U18's centre and his brother on their books (both of them played Aust Schoolboys I'm pretty sure). I don't see where Garrick gets a start in that side

Edit - Just found an article on their backs depth

Wow, harsh marker there C & C, Garrick not better than the Hex?

Not sure what to make of this. Looks like Dragons fans are just as happy to see the back of Saab. I'm not as out on Garrick as a lot of fans are. He's had a poor year in a year where the tema's done poorly. A wingers form, more than any other position, is tied to that of the team, I believe. That said, he does give us that kick target we've lacked. If he doesn't fire though, we may already have our 2021 whipping boy.

Possibly posted already in this thread - Saab's 2019 Canterbury Cup highlights - several tries v. Blacktown at end of clip

Edit: running style in first try reminds me of Turbo

I’m happy enough with this. Saab looks pretty slim, but with that height and a few weights in the off season, I think he will offer more than Garrick. I’m glad Waddell is gone too. He gives it his best, but he seems to be only a depth player at best. He’s probably a little small for his position.

Where is the upside for the Dragons in this swap ?? Will Garrick make their side ?? they have Ravalawa and Pereira as first choice, then they have that young gun from the 9's who debuts this weekend. I think we have done a good deal there.

Bit of tall timber on a wing for a change, he and Funa / Hoppa as wingers next year sounds good to me

Garrick is a centre. he will play there for the Dragons I believe.

Great deal if it comes off, Garrick has had a poor 2020, I don’t see any upside in Garrick.

Garrick has speed but struggles to make meters on kick returns, tackle breaks are rare with Garrick.

Saab has not done much in his senior career, though he has the athleticism of a modern day winger.

Hoping he can display why he is such a highly regarded future player now.

Jury is still out on this Saab kid. Honestly it could go either way. But from what I’ve heard and seen he’s tall and quick. And that’s something we are in desperate need of so he’s worth a punt. I would have liked to keep Reubs tho as he’s had sfa opportunities this year outside king ball hog siro. Reubs will find a spot in that drags side no doubt

Wow, harsh marker there C & C, Garrick not better than the Hex?
Have you seen Garrick play centre ?? Williame was good enough to hold down the starting centre spot at the beginning of the year until he got injured. I don't see anything in Garricks wing play that screams "gun centre" to me. But I'm no expert, so maybe they do see him as a starting centre. We'll find out next year

Bench marks Comparisons

Which one of our current wingers and centres that we have available to play would make any of the top 8 teams. Sadly Some would not even make the bottom 8 teams
Before we offer the excuses that some are young . So are other young players that are making an impact like 19 year old Chrichton .

Our wingers got targeted with new rules so need to change. Somewhat torn as I like Garrick just had terrible year but will get better, Saab could be a D. Taupou cloan.

Not sure what to make of this. Looks like Dragons fans are just as happy to see the back of Saab. I'm not as out on Garrick as a lot of fans are. He's had a poor year in a year where the tema's done poorly. A wingers form, more than any other position, is tied to that of the team, I believe. That said, he does give us that kick target we've lacked. If he doesn't fire though, we may already have our 2021 whipping boy.
A wingers form, more than any other position, is tied to that of the team, I believe .....

Good consistent performing wingers like The Tigers David Nofoaluma always make their mark regardless how their team is performing . No excuses ....

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8