Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
it's so relieving seeing a faster and more energised backline to what we had to deal with in the last few years. It's genuinely exciting. But i said this about Saab in another thread. But i will say it here. Yes the boy is blitzing opposition with ease, yes he is soaring above others to score tries at will. But what he's been doing that shouldn't be overlooked is he's working on the other aspects of his game. His ball carrying has improved so much especially from kick returns. He used to get ragdolled and would set us up badly for the set. But now with his kick returns he runs with intent, he runs into gaps or outside of opposition to gain easy yardage. It's sets us up beautifully for the set especially the fact Tom doesn't do kick returns anymore coz of his hammy so its down to saab and garrick to set us up. Another thing is his improvement in defence, and its mostly gotta be thanks to harper. When you got a passionate and hardworking defender inside of u, u will rebound and prosper with that same energy and boy his defence has been so good to watch now.
he lso put in a pretty handy kick on the last last night

I don't think it's a coincidence that he looks a lot better outside Harper over Suli. Suli's injury was the best thing that has happened to the team this year.

And his haircut the worst thing that has happened!

I don't think it's a coincidence that he looks a lot better outside Harper over Suli. Suli's injury was the best thing that has happened to the team this year.
The downside is that Gargoyle Features is back in the selection mix. I wonder if he watched and learned during his sideline stint?

The one play that typified his transformation over the last month was late in the Parra match today. He sprinted out from marker to put a hit on Sivo and shut down the play. It’s those effort areas and a willingness to get physical that has turned this kid into a genuine first grader with huge upside.

The two hits on Sivo, sure Sivo had dropped the ball when Jason smashed him over the touch line but it was the way he put his body on the line. Confidence does amazing things to a person. There was also the instance early in the game where Moses chipped over his head, Sivo stormed through on it but Saab has the speed to turn and win the race....imagine if Jorge had been on that wing turning for the chase like last year.

As I said in the game day thread, the thing I am liking about the Volvo right now is that he's not just relying on his height and pace. He's actually putting his body on the line in defense.

I remember in the opening game against the Chooks I said that he seemed a bit timid in his tackling. That wasn't evident yesterday against Sivo. He gave the big Worms flanker no peace and other than one late-ish line break, Sivo was arguably a non-event yesterday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6