Jason King - ORIGIN FORM!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
lol ok maybe not..

but how goods he going.. im very pleased to see him rock up a bit of form and hopefully he will just better and better. no mistakes.. good hit ups.. good defence.. good aggression.

Kite was woeful today and makes you think the rumours of him leaving could be true...

Dunley.. not getting into it.. i just cant stand him.. he pisses me off.. imagine how the refs feel about him

Burns... still not convinced.. his defence is good but i dont think he adds anything at all in attack.

Monas... 30 minutes he was on.. he was our best player.. shame he got punished for less minutes because of Dunley.

Beaver.. ohhh give him another 10 year deal. What a superb player.. like a fine wine gets better with age. On ya Beaves!

Bell.. i cant believe.. weve been without a decent centre for so long.. is this what it feels like.. Origin player for sure.

BK and Watmough were outstanding as usual today.

Very pleased with the defence too. 4th on the ladder boys!

Bell is paying Manly back 10 fold for what we paid for him.
Awesome. Is it just because he is out of Melb that he is getting more publicicty or is he just playing out of his skin now because he is with a great team. Either way 2 thumbs up for Bell.
Maybe King has been on here and found out a few home truths. A good game from him but he needs a few more in a row to change peoples minds about him.
Did I mention that Bell is a freak :clap:

Yeh King was much better today. No reason why he can't put in like that every week.

I didn't think Kite was woeful today. He started well, but missed a few tackles and then sort of went missing in the second half. Was shaded by King and Bryant. Needs to get more involved like he did in the first 20 mins.

Dunley needs to go, either play Monas for 80 mins or use Willo to give him a break.

Monas has been good at hooker, as I suspected he would be. So much for the Monas at 5/8 brigade, silence has been defeaning.

Menzies has been great down the RHS and has got a good combo going with Bell. I thought he was a bit stiff to get put on report for that hit. Hopefully he'll be alright, but when you think that Morely got a couple of weeks for something similar he might be in trouble.

Watmough had his best game this season and seems to be running back into some form. His hands are still a little suss.

BK just keeps on keeping on. The guy is a freak.

Defence was great, and good to see them getting up off the line and meeting the Warriors at the ad line. Faumuina was the only one that really caused us any problems, but Matai shut him down a couple of times to save us.

The only real down side was the amount of back chat. Can't afford to give away silly penalties like that.

if king keeps it up for another 4 or 5 weeks he might get a look in for city/country (note he played last year on worse form) but SOO will not happen this year. It is great to see him playing l;ike we know he can - i didnt think kite was that bad, went ok n attack just was poor in defence.

kylie did very little again, another 40m effort

i was joking about SOO form, Fluffy. lol

in regards to Monas at 5/8.. i still believe hes our best option. Burns hasnt offered much at all in attack..and would probably make a good hooker himself.

But im just Glad Monas is playing as he is a talented footballer and im glad everyones reassessing their opinions of him.

I am one who stuck up for dunley at the start of the year!!

After 5 rounds of competition i think he has to move on.... everyone knows the reasons... his penalties out weigh what he does with the ball, his defence is very suspect :blah: :blah: :blah:

I think swap Cuthbo for dunley is the key... for what dunley is bringing to the team at the moment willo could do!!

Yes, dunley makes some metres when he has to but i think if you add up the metres he's made and the metres he's conceded through penalties.. he'd prolly be in the red!

Guys - we DID win you'll know? Lets just enjoy a move up the table for a while.

I'd honestly be happy with the same team next week. We looked extremely structured in that 1st 1/2.

Guys - we DID win you'll know? Lets just enjoy a move up the table for a while.

I'd honestly be happy with the same team next week. We looked extremely structured in that 1st 1/2.

lol then what happened :bdh:

it stand out like dogs balls doesnt it

going well until one key player swapped with another, who then got himself sent off.

If survivor was happening it would be the easiest vote of the year.

King was fair but to call it Origin form is cracking jokes. I didn't think Kite was too bad - not Origin form either but solid. Kylie put on some good hits and Bryant was his workman like self.

Where do you get season average stats from? I'd reckon 84 metres would be one of King's better efforts so he must be averaging something less than a paltry 75 metres per game.

That is pathetic.

Lulu was on when Manly didn't have much ball....forget about stats and watch the game.

Bell is a freak, but 3 Dally M points? BK or Beaver deserved them. Watmough is still a gun, but geez he's got some errors in him this year. Kite was a little disappointing. Bryant had his usual game and king had his best game in a long time. 84 metres surprises me, but they are hardly ever spot on. In saying that, I doubt whether Manly made over 1000m in this game. King was hitting the ball up very well, tackled his back side off as well as being 2nd and 3rd man tackler. If some of you don't like the way it took it to the warriors pack, you are hard to please.

"tackles his backside off" - is that a new way of "flopping"? You know, by being third man in and sitting down on top of the pile?

King was fair but to call it Origin form is cracking jokes. I didn't think Kite was too bad - not Origin form either but solid. Kylie put on some good hits and Bryant was his workman like self.

Umm.. yes it was a joke...

But i cant see why people are dissapointed in King... yeah his form is still average but at least hes average now rather than the **** we saw last year. Hopefully he keeps improving.

King made 88 Hit up metres - total for manly was 486

This stats is not the same as last years Total metrs where teams average around 1300 - 1500 and forwards are regularly over 100m. Its apples and oranges in comparing them.

Mata - Our most expensive Prop isnt making your quota - but not a word on him, missed 5 tackles and only made 8, still no word.

Mediocrity is not tolerated by mata, unless your one of his favourite players, then it is embraced

\"tackles his backside off\" - is that a new way of \"flopping\"? You know, by being third man in and sitting down on top of the pile?

he has been guilty of that in the past Mata, but now it's more wrapping the ball up and bringing the player to ground cause the previous tackler(s) haven't been able to do so. It's not a negative thing, as though he's bludging, he's making his own tackles as well as assisting in other tackles. Do you only want him to perform one on one tackles from now on?

Again, I'm not throwing streamers and confetti over jason King yet, but what we saw of him on saturday is nothing but positive.

The defence from the team was much improved, although it wasn't the best attacking team coming at them.

Dunner's did better, but geez he still frustrates me....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4