Jason King announces his retirement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: big announcent within the hour

Thanks for the memories Jason . Great club man

RE: big announcent within the hour

Well done Kingy on an excellent career at Manly in the toughest position on the field :)

Thanks for all the blood you spilt for Manly! A champion club man.

I hope you get to run onto the field for this years GF!

(and never sue me once you're a lawyer)

King has had a fantastic career. Thanks for all the great memories.

I doubt there would be too many current players who started out in their local juniors and then made it to first grade for their local area and been as influential as King. Well done. A great club man!

Cheers champ, you have done us proud!!

Just one more thing to put a punctuation mark on your career.

2014 Premiership Ring!!!

G'day all,Anyone who has followed my posts over the years would know of my respect and appreciaton for Kingy for his efforts both on and off the field and for what now appears the final time I acknowledge him again.He is deserving of the recognition of what a genuine one club man is all about and its blokes like him who the league should be showering their praise on as what it means to be a true representative of what the games about rather than the sbws of the world.All I can say is "cheers old mate" regards mike

Genuine great clubman who's ability off the field was a good as on it if not better. Never one to toss his toys out of the cot just someone who is manly.

Hope he can come back to the club in a professional manner in a few years time (with some business experience under his belt) and guide the club off the field.

Somewhere Kingyfan is crying into his tissues...this time with his eyes.

I salute you Jason, outstanding career. Just a few more games so give it everything!

I remember when he first came into grade; good memories.

The thing I like most about Kingy is the way he went into battle old school style. It was us VS them and he would do everything in his power to win one over the opposition.

Great clubman. Send him and Gifty out on a high, boys!
I still remember him running in a length of the field try from a kick-off return for the Northern Eagles. Or did I imagine that?

Great player and i think the right time to hang up the Boots. I still think he has something to prove before he retires, the way he stood up to the South Sydney forward pack earlier this year could be required again before the season is finished.

I want to firstly say, please don't forget that Kingy still has some hurtin' to do. He still has a significant contribution to make to the 2014 campaign and I hope it ends with a premiership.

Now regarding his retirement:

I don't cry anymore, but I will have tears in my eyes on Sunday when the Manly club acknowledge this outstanding man at Brookvale oval. Also, just knowing that that my partner, who is US-born and has been living here for the last 4 years and become a big Manly fan, gets to see this Manly hero get the acknowledgement he deserves and to witness in person (hopefully) applying some of his trademark hurt on the opposition will be a absolute joy.

I have never met a Manly player with a bigger heart for the club and a true gentleman off the field. On the field it's another story - an angry battering ram that gave as good as he got. You never saw Kingy complain.

May Manly give you big finish and closure to your career you deserve and lets see you around the ground in future and at the club after grand final wins in the future.

....gee and I'm not impressed with the timing - you were just developing your passing game!

You belong forever.

NYEagle

We'll done Kingy you were one if the first to put your hand up and sign on after the NE debacle. Hope you remain involved with the club in the future

Thanks for the memories Kingy.

I know we sometimes bagged you a bit but in my eyes you always were and are a champion who bleeds maroon and white.

All the best in the future.

Who will take on the Burgess boys, or what's left of them, when you're gone ?

I concur with @NYEagle 's remarks. A ONE CLUB Man ! Nthrn Eagles counts as Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8