Jarrad Taylor/Darren Peachey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mini

we all know that peachey and taylor have left, but this is story from port macquarie.

FORMER Port Macquarie Shark Jared Taylor is bidding the NRL farewell - and taking on France in an attempt to resurrect his career.
Taylor, who returned to the Hastings on the weekend to visit family and friends, has joined Villefranche, which contests the strong Elite first grade premiership.
With newly-formed French-based club Union Treiziste Catalane (UTC) linking up with the English Super League from next year, the talented threequarter is in an ideal position to impress the Perpignan selectors. In 2005, UTC boasted the likes of Justin Murphy, Julian Bailey, Chris Beattie, Matt Bickerstaff and Sean Rudder - and Taylor is hoping to follow in their footsteps. "I got offered a contract that was too good to pass up," Taylor admitted. "After fours years in Premier League, the chances of cracking a first grade spot at Manly were drying up. "I'm treating this opportunity as a 'second chance'. "I've always wanted to travel and signing with Villefranche will allow me to see a bit of the world, while playing footy. "It's a new change, and a new start - but I'm looking forward to it. "My girlfriend Jess is coming with me, and my flat mate Darren Peachey (who also played at Manly) and cousin (former Newcastle Knight James Winn) will be over there. "James plays for Toulouse, while I tackle Peach (Peachey) in the first round of the Elite competition. "France should be great - I can't wait." France is also a long way from Port Macquarie, where Taylor was an automatic selection in the Sharks' senior side in 1999. That year, Taylor played alongside the likes of Kristian Murphy, Willie Lockwood, Paul Sprague, Gary Nosworthy, Paul Douglas, Anthony Hill, Trent McKeough and Michael Fitzgibbon, and the Sharks lost a Controversial Group 2 grand final to the Magpies at Bellingen. He then enjoyed four seasons with the Cronulla Sharks, as well as cameos at the Newcastle Knights and South Sydney Rabbitohs, before spending the past two years with the Sea Eagles. And, even though Taylor will leave Australian shores next week, he has not given up on playing in the NRL.
"I won't rule out a return to the NRL," he said. "My main goal is to play out the season in the Elite competition and, hopefully, secure a spot in the English Super League. "If I can do that, who knows what might happen. "Matt (Bickerstaff) and Brett Dallas have re-joined Sydney clubs for 2006. "I only played three first grade games, and I enjoyed that experience. "I thought 2005 was going to be a big year for me, however, I broke my ankle in 2004 and, from there, things didn't really go my way. "I'll admit I blew a few opportunities (in the past) but I won't if I get another chance."

Good Luck Lads.

It is dissapointing that Taylor didn't at least get a run in firsts last year. He would have been worth trying for at least one game.

I suppose we have to get rid of at least one PL winger now that we have signed Robertson from Canberra.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6