Jamie Lyon - Slime Again???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Herald today:

Troubled Eels expect Lyon to come full circle and re-sign by Monday

PARRAMATTA have asked Jamie Lyon - through his manager, George Mimis -to tell the club by Monday whether he will accept the club's three-year contract offer worth about $900,000.

It was Lyon who first expressed a desire to return to Parramatta last month, after walking out on the club early in the 2004 season, so the Eels understandably believe he shouldn't need a lot of time to make a decision. If he decides not to join them after he finishes up at English club St Helens at the end of the year, Parramatta need to start looking at other options for 2007.

He was supposed to sign on Monday with them a couple of weeks ago. If I were him I would wait to at least june 30. If he doesn't I would be asking questions of the competence of the player manager.

heard this morning that Morris/Widders/Burt and a few others where all set to leave the EELS, i for one think that Widders is one of the best Bench players in the comp, he always plays well against us and stood out in a losing side at the SCG,

would love to see him at to our back row depth and could almost fill holes at 5/8

how good is it to see that club in such dissaray! why would Lyons want to sign there when he can get equal money anywhere else!

And while everyone says Hagan is a great coach, i would love to see his win/loss record in sides where there was NOT one A Johns.

he can make any coach look great!

heard this morning that Morris/Widders/Burt and a few others where all set to leave the EELS, i for one think that Widders is one of the best Bench players in the comp, he always plays well against us and stood out in a losing side at the SCG,

would love to see him at to our back row depth and could almost fill holes at 5/8

Totally agree Pepsi. Widders is an outstanding bench player. Its his attitude that pulls me back each time from suggesting an offer be made to him. Its unfortunate but he conveys being a problem player.

really JC ??? ive never picked that up ? certainly very well respected in the community, has done a lot for kids and his people.

really JC ??? ive never picked that up ? certainly very well respected in the community, has done a lot for kids and his people.

Yep. Apparently positive involvement in Community.

I meant training & team member wise.

Parra are in complete disarray, some players publicly stating they don't want him to return and they offer him 900k over 3 years. 8|

I am sure he just can't wait to jump on this golden opportunity :roll:

Why doesn't he just go into boxing, call himself the man and claim he was mistreated by others as a result of race. ;) ;) ;)

The guy oozes credibility!!!! Love to see him in Maroon and White.

yeah i dont know abouit that disruptive side, im leaning towards what Canteen says, i think he would be a great aquisition , and at a club with a proud record of indiginous players.

all the previous **** aside JC i gotta agree with CW. How has he conveyed he is a problem player with training and team member wise?

Dunno if CW & I are at opposite ends of this at all. I think Widders could potentially be a great acquisition. I just have question marks.

fair enuff, from reading CW's posts, we both would take Widders without question. I just thought you might have had some info on why he comes across as a problem player, training wise and team member wise that may help us to understand why your a little tentative. Anything? cause I'd have him over Pritchard and a few others.

Widders is overrated. He'll have a good game every 3 weeks, which always seems to coincide when we play the Eels.

Still, on second thoughts, that 8 good games a year more than Williamson and Dunley.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4