Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
And yet (If the story is true) Bennett (no mean judge) sees something in him that others, at Fort Fumble (the Penncil Centre of Mediocrity), do not.

Explain.

How good would we be under the Great Motivator of Men Wayne Bennet ?
We all make our bed and lie in it with the choices we make
And those choices either makes us or breaks us
1719883707658.png

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Wasn’t quite expecting that response Bozo.

Although I do thank you feathered friend, for rekindling memories of being taken to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, at the lovely old Kings Theatre at Chatswood, in the 1960s.
Thank you for sharing your lovely child hood memories Tezza

My lovely mother used to put me to sleep with the Snow white and the seven dwarfs story
Then One day I woke up and Became a Great Manly supporter just like your good self

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
People on Instagram and Facebook are calling for Seibold's head for letting Humphreys go... Even though it's likely that the only footage they've seen of him playing is highlights and his short stint from the bench in that trial. Dare I call him overrated, given we haven't even seen him play, but it seems so confusing to me that people are upset we're letting him go.

This person is a half that's a little younger than Schuster, and is older than Arthur, who has never played first grade, nor has too many junior credentials to his name (by memory) other than Beaver calling him a "gun".

I'll be interested to see what Bennett does with him, as I am with all Manly juniors, but I'm willing to bet at least one of the highly touted players in Arthur, Bunting, Alexander and Walsh are more likely to be a successful DCE replacement than Humphreys.

Is he a Manly Junior? I thought he followed his dad to Manly when he was the CEO.

The Who

Journey Man
What fans are most upset about is that Boldy didn't select Humphreys at half against Souffs in a decision which hindered the chances of a Manly win. Was he not selected because of "sour grapes"?

LeonardCohen

Bencher
And yet (If the story is true) Bennett (no mean judge) sees something in him that others, at Fort Fumble (the Penncil Centre of Mediocrity), do not.

Explain.
But Manly saw something in him too, which is why he’s been on our books for years and part of our top 30.

Souths have told Ilias to look elsewhere and have Dodd arriving from England. He is an unknown. We have DCE, who is not ready to retire and is not an unknown. It seems Souths (and Bennett) can provide him a better and more immediate opportunity than we can. How do you know Humphries isn’t chasing that opportunity at his own request? How do you know Manly hasn’t purchased a gun rookie half that is four years younger than Jamie and prepared to wait for DCE’s eventual retirement? A waiting time that Jamie cannot afford? Wait, I think they just did.

Sure, it’s a better narrative that the super coach is clued in to good prospects and our own coach is a blithering idiot, but it’s seems there is more to it…

Last edited:

The Who

Journey Man
But Manly saw something in him too, which is why he’s been on our books for years and part of our top 30.

Souths have told Ilias to look elsewhere and have Dodd arriving from England. He is an unknown. We have DCE, who is not ready to retire and is not an unknown. It seems Souths (and Bennett) can provide him a better and more immediate opportunity than we can. How do you know Humphries isn’t chasing that opportunity at his own request? How do you know Manly haven’t purchased a gun rookie half that is four years younger than Jamie and prepared to wait for DCE’s eventual retirement? A waiting time that Jamie cannot afford? Wait, I think they just did.

Sure, it’s a better narrative that the super coach is clued in to good prospects and our own coach is a blithering idiot, but it’s seems there is more to it…
True. So why wasn't Humphreys selected against Souffs?

LeonardCohen

Bencher
True. So why wasn't Humphreys selected against Souffs?
Because we went for a defensive mindset that seemed to work…they scored 8 points in 78 minutes of football. The players selected just needed to be better with the ball, especially the very experienced Brooks.

Nothing personal, but I love how certain everyone is that the result would have been different if we’d just picked Humphreys. It’s such simplistic thinking. There’s absolutely just as much chance that we lose 40-0 instead of 14-0 if Humphreys plays. Yet we ignore that possibility and latch onto the notion that Souths still score 14 and we score 20?! 😂

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
and the Knights where he was buying used by date aging players for instant wins, no future planning. No-one seems to talk about that train smash of coaching stint. Everyone goes on about Bennett and his awesome coaching - lets not forget he had a state of origin stacked team at his disposal week in and week out and I believe should have won more. He inherited a strong Dragons team in 2009/10 and then walked away when they started falling apart.
he also happened to have just enough room in the cap(yeah, right!) to get gasnier back from rah rah just before the mid year deadline to boost their playing stocks

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Assuming Humphreys is leaving, it would be nice if he could still make his first grade debut for his district club before departure.

Something even the non-Manly Manly coach might understand, before he bursts into his next ‘Manly Way’ spiel.
If it didn’t happen in that last South’s game, I don’t see it ever happening.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Wasn’t quite expecting that response Bozo.

Although I do thank you feathered friend, for rekindling memories of being taken to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, at the lovely old Kings Theatre at Chatswood, in the 1960s.
I saw it at the old Town Cinemas on Burelli St. in Wollongong in the 70s… the old glory days of Frank Arkell.

manly al

First Grader
Because we went for a defensive mindset that seemed to work…they scored 8 points in 78 minutes of football. The players selected just needed to be better with the ball, especially the very experienced Brooks.

Nothing personal, but I love how certain everyone is that the result would have been different if we’d just picked Humphreys. It’s such simplistic thinking. There’s absolutely just as much chance that we lose 40-0 instead of 14-0 if Humphreys plays. Yet we ignore that possibility and latch onto the notion that Souths still score 14 and we score 20?! 😂
Don "t think that it could still have been helpful to at least have had Humphries on the bench ?.
Could have conceivably moved Talau to the centres say early in the 2 nd half and when it should have been obvious by then that the attack with Brooks and Talau in the halves was just not creating any worthwhile attack .
Schoupp looks solid enough to play on an edge and Lawton could have even played a bit at 13 if Schoupp was needed to come back on again .
Anyway a few other factors working against the prospects of pulling off a win but that ungainly halfs pairing for the full 80 certainly did not help and surely directly contributed in a major way to scoring 0 points .
Maybe also if Manly did not miss so many first up tackles and not put so much pressure on themselves with a low completion rate , could have conceded even less points in the i st half but the maybes obviously of less interest as a bit of time has now moved on from that game
Humphries may not also be the most notable defender in the squad but surely also , cannot be that much of a slouch defensively .

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anyway a few other factors working against the prospects of pulling off a win but that ungainly halfs pairing for the full 80 certainly did not help and surely directly contributed in a major way to scoring 0 points
It happens. The mighty Panthers scored a whopping 6 whole points yesterday.

I didn't see it but listened on radio (had a long drive) and sounds like they were terrible and lucky to even get 6. And that was at Penrith, against Cows who were missing 6 Origin players. Pennies were missing some stars too but still had most of their premiership winning pack.

And they had so-called 'young gun' half Brad Schneider, who has played NRL. The ABC commentators didn't hold back in ripping his terrible performance!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20