James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Broncos control the media up there so they can cover up his "indiscretions" but all we can do is get a nice story in the Manly Daily which won't do much so it's a no for me...

Roberts' speed would most definitely be an upgrade over Kelly's, but Brian is a better defender IMO.

I'm kinda with @manlyfan76 on this one. I know some Queenslander's and there are stories that the Donkey's cover up a fair bit of Roberts' off-field crap. While that's ok in Brisbane with a media who are reluctant to say anything bad about their golden club or its players, in Sydney the media would have a free-for-all over the guy.

The rumours aren't going away, read again today that he wants to return to Sydney and it's between us and the Dogs

Not a big fan of him really, but **** Walker on 1 side and Roberts on the other with Tom popping up around them would give other teams nightmares !!

Would be tough on Kelly though
Just talking to someone that said roberts has all but signed and horo back next year . DONT SMOKE ME ...

Roberts' speed would most definitely be an upgrade over Kelly's, but Brian is a better defender IMO.

I'm kinda with @manlyfan76 on this one. I know some Queenslander's and there are stories that the Donkey's cover up a fair bit of Roberts' off-field crap. While that's ok in Brisbane with a media who are reluctant to say anything bad about their golden club or its players, in Sydney the media would have a free-for-all over the guy.
The important thing to remember is this; the club cannot cover up anything illegal...therefore this "crap" we hear about is usually nothing more than drunken arrogance in pubs and clubs...hardly the crime of the century...I have seen lots of NRL stars act like morons in pubs and clubs but Roberts has a rap sheet and he need only sneeze to attract attention.

There is no denying he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic but all he would need to do is score a double at Brookie for most of us on the forum to forget about that...

...How can I best express my feelings towards this ?

image.gif

Don't want him, although Kelly isn't where I thought he would be after his start to the year.

A muppet like Roberts can just erode a playing group. Plus he can't tackle. Realistically, he probably has two more years until the pace leaves him, then he won't have much to offer at all, and by which time, Kelly would be a more complete centre.

Money better spent elsewhere

The important thing to remember is this; the club cannot cover up anything illegal...therefore this "crap" we hear about is usually nothing more than drunken arrogance in pubs and clubs...hardly the crime of the century...I have seen lots of NRL stars act like morons in pubs and clubs but Roberts has a rap sheet and he need only sneeze to attract attention.

There is no denying he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic but all he would need to do is score a double at Brookie for most of us on the forum to forget about that...

Well...they can cover up some illegal stuff. Think "footage too grainy to identify just who is inhaling that nose candy off a toilet seat" etc. And much like Jo-E Johns, you can be careful about when you subject certain players to in-house drug testing, just to make sure they've had every chance to get the weekend's indulgences out of their system.

Apart from that, he's a defensive liability and a glory-hound ball hog, in the Jarryd Hayne mould. Big bags of no thanks on every count!

How many examples of bad boys that have grown up and been valuable buys are there? Dugan , Fergo, Walker (fingers crossed) AFB, Zane Tetavano etc. The list goes on. The bloke is a game winner and if Baz can relate and mentor him, I think he could be a great buy and once again gives us the best centre pairing in the comp. He's only 24 years old and I think this year has been as good as any. BIG YES from me. More speed than Oxford Street!
Turbo, Jorge, Walker, Roberts, Uate/Parker, Hastings, DCE.. what a backline. Then we just need a couple of second rowers and we are GF winning team again

How many examples of bad boys that have grown up and been valuable buys are there? Dugan , Fergo, Walker (fingers crossed) AFB, Zane Tetavano etc. The list goes on. The bloke is a game winner and if Baz can relate and mentor him, I think he could be a great buy and once again gives us the best centre pairing in the comp. He's only 24 years old and I think this year has been as good as any. BIG YES from me. More speed than Oxford Street!
Turbo, Jorge, Walker, Roberts, Uate/Parker, Hastings, DCE.. what a backline. Then we just need a couple of second rowers and we are GF winning team again

Um that backline is worse than what we have now! What has kelly done wrong to be put behind roberts and parker haha. And Uate will not ever get dropped for Brad Parker haha. And Green should get re signed no need to put DCE under pressure with another young 6.

1 Trbojevic
2 Wright/Taufua
3 Walker
4 Kelly
5 Uate
6 Green
7 Cherry-Evans

Thats our backline for the next 5 years, Green will only get better with age and why force dce to make more new combos including another halves partner. And why is Roberts an improvement on kelly? Only thing he beats kelly in is speed. Kelly is a better defender, has more skills and better footwork plus he isnt a wanker.

5 years is stretching out greens career don't you think. Very Optimistic. I'm not even 30yrs of age yet and my joints click when I sit lol
Maybe not 5 but his current deal will be extended by another 2 or 3 years, he plays 6 so the older he gets the better he gets no matter how slow he gets his impact will only get better.

Maybe not 5 but his current deal will be extended by another 2 or 3 years, he plays 6 so the older he gets the better he gets no matter how slow he gets his impact will only get better.
His passing and kicking, especially at the line is sublime.
And let's not forget he hasn't had a career with the constant grind of NRL football.
His career has been interspersed with plenty of lower grades and super league so 3 years isn't out of the question.
And if he keeps getting better as he is this season then why not.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8