James Graham – how many weeks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guaranteed it wont be a season long suspension, that would be a joke.
I reckon he should get 12 weeks, but the judiciciary will probably give him 8 weeks, meaning a round 4 or 5 return.

Sheikheagle said:
The fact that he has pleaded not guilty I smell a rat so I would say that they are trying to get him off on a technicality. Although given the outcry hopefully commonsense will see him get 10+.

I have the same feeling.

Regardless of any "technicality" the NRL will be a laughing stock if he gets any less than 10 weeks so they better hope the technicality argument doesn't stick.

If I was on the judiciary I would give him 20 weeks.

Yep 6 maximum....probably 4 ansd he wont miss an NRL game ....will be free to start the season.....

Should be 15 weeks but lets see if Grant and the IRLC have any balls

Zero.

Slater deliberately shoved his ear between Graham's teeth when Graham was trying to tell him something :p

No seriously, I agree with what C&C said at Post: #8 below:

Chip and Chase said:
I don't know about this one. What has he actually been charged with ?? Dangerous contact. A good silk could argue that nibbling on someones ear isn't anywhere near as dangerous as head high tackles, grapples or punching someone, all of which generally only get single figure suspensions. I think back to Minichello getting no weeks for nearly decapitating Dugan because of a wrongly worded charge ?

I also read somewhere that Slater doesn't want to speak of the matter any further, does that mean he will refuse to give evidence at the judiciary ? If he doesn't back up his allegation then it just comes down to circumstantial evidence, i.e. video footage and a red mark on Slaters ear. I would hope that the ARLC force Slater to appear and back up his on field claim of having been bitten, otherwise it's a pretty damning allegation to make and then walk away from.

Anyway let's see how it runs it's course but I can smell a rort in the air, dodgily worded charge, Graham pleading not guilty and Slater wishing "to move on". Realistically he should be getting 10-12 weeks for something like that but I'll be surprised if that's the outcome. Big test of the credibility of the judiciary this one.

Given the game was the GF, he should get 18 weeks. The chomp went viral on the web and the game was watched by millions. It wasn't a club match, it was the penultimate game. The NRL talk about promoting the game with women, schools and overseas. This chomp put that plan back ten years. The club should be fined and he should be out for months.

Stevo said:
8 weeks is the precedent.

+ 2 weeks because it was an intentional bite to the ear not a reaction to an arm in the face

+ plus 2 because it's brought the game into disrepute on rugby leagues day of days and marred what was a fantastic game of football.

12 matches is my guess.
Marred it, ? really ? its the only bit i can clearly remember.

But apart from the 1 X time allegation of biting, the teeth mark on poor Billy's ear, the blood, and the seeming obvious video , IS THERE ANY ACTUAL EVIDENCE OF A BITE ?

26 weeks with two trials and two test matches that will be offset by it, the grub will be back for round 22 and still too early, such a shocking incident that kids didn’t need to see.

Everyone can have a shocker or a bad day in life that’s just the way it is, however the way I saw it was that it was totally premeditated he went after him looking for something to nibble on and should be made an example of for the good of the game and for them going in tonight pleading not guilty is really just another grubby act by a club that’s got no morals, no decency, no respect for the game itself.

Shame shame shame nothing has changed at the bulldogs at all.

back for round 4, the judiciary have been a joke all year (for the last few years) and they will continue to be so

Sheikheagle said:
The fact that he has pleaded not guilty I smell a rat so I would say that they are trying to get him off on a technicality. Although given the outcry hopefully commonsense will see him get 10+.
What is the technicality ? Was it that his teeth went in at an angle and not staright in ??? That heinous hyena should get 12 weeks minimum.

Anyone who puts that much vaso on his legs (and who knows where else), has got to have massive issues. Loose cannon he needs a long spell on the pine.

I have a feeling he is going to somehow get off, but in my book there is no excuse and think he should be given at least 12 weeks, if not the season

DSM5 said:
It wasn't a club match, it was the penultimate game.

Is there another match this weekend? Have both franchises been caught cheating the cap again?

Graham should get 16 weeks, which after trials and internationals etc means he will miss around twelve comp matches- ie half a season.

I agree with Dan @Daniel , a technical issue will see him with no time off, otherwise why would he have plead not guilty.

Back for WCC, English Tests, Trial matches and Round 1

What SHOULD happen is about 12 weeks and 4 extra for being a lying bull**** artist!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8