Jake to prop?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Jake is playing a lot at first receiver and not being used as a go forward prop.

It’s working and he looks fresh for his trademark defence.

Frizzell and Cordner are getting good yards in close to the ruck.

Jake had a great game and it was good to see Brad Fittler reward him with a long stint.

I’m not at all surprised. Jake works better in the backrow but he was a star for us at prop when he first burst into the team and our team was in the **** with a stack of injuries and plenty of infighting

It makes a lot of sense.

Jake and AFB starting props, Taupau edge (it’ll make sense), Waddell lock.

20-25 minutes in AFB subs off for Gosiewski (maybe trex in the future), Taupau shifts from second-row to prop. 30 minutes in Jurbo off for Paseka. Fainu for Api. 50 minutes in, Taupau shifts back to second-row and AFB (prop) returns, Gosiewski subbed off. 55-60 minutes in and Jurbo returns for Waddell (at prop, Paseka shifts to lock). 60-70 minutes and Api returns. 2 Extra substitutions in the bag and Boyle or Waddell available to come on for either Paseka, Taupau or AFB if tired. Versitile pack. WIll be very effective if Trex makes an impact and makes his way onto the bench

I'd keep it as it is. AFB and Marty at prop, Jake at lock with Paseka, Waddel and possibly Boyle as the bench props. Jetski is almost a utility as he can cover the forwards and centre (at a pinch).

Lock these days has morphed from a ball playing back rower and extra 5/8 into a 3rd prop for the front rower with the best skills and biggest motor capable of playing 80 minutes rather than 20-25 minute bursts. And at Manly that is Jake Trbojevic.

Marty Taupau actually played lock for Samoa last night and was on the field for over 70 minutes.

I'd keep it as it is. AFB and Marty at prop, Jake at lock with Paseka, Waddel and possibly Boyle as the bench props. Jetski is almost a utility as he can cover the forwards and centre (at a pinch).

Lock these days has morphed from a ball playing back rower and extra 5/8 into a 3rd prop for the front rower with the biggest motor capable of playing 80 minutes rather than 20-25 minute bursts. And at Manly that is Jake Trbojevic.
Yeah i just realised that one of thompson or siro wouldve had to be benched. Would probably be too complex so best keep it simple

Jake always plays middle forward. Lock and prop have similar functions in some teams, but thought he looked really good tonight.
Exactly this....
The positions these days are a label....
The role players make are very different
Jake can roll forward better than most due to having skills as a ball player, plus is stronger than his size which misleads defence lines.
Jake is not an AFB or Kapow type, but owns that middle third better than almost anyone in the modern game.

I understand that prop and lock are a pretty interchangeable position, although what I intended to say is that I feel Jake needs a twenty or so minute stint in the middle of games to allow the entirety of his time on the field to be as destructive as tonight. Taupua can move around between second-row, prop and lock and allow for this, as can Sironen, Thompson, Waddell, maybe Paseka (maybe) and Gosiewski (maybe) between both second-row and lock. In saying this to uncover the best rotation would take a lot of brainstorming and time.

In terms of positonal difference between a prop and lock theres not much, but Props get rests, locks get closer to 80 minute games. Locks are generally less effective due to fatigue, so I believe if we have a variety of players shifting positions mid game to lock (eg. Taupau, Waddell, Sironen, Thompson) we could not only have a fresh set of props in Jake, Paseka, AFB, and Boyle but also a fresh backrow as well (shared between Taupau, Thompson, Sironen, Waddell, Gosiewski).

It’s not neccessarily about fixing our pack, it’s about ensuring they are always energetic and fresh, as well as versitile. Changing up our backrow frequently during a game will keep the opposition on their toes and share the workload more between our forwards. Then the backs can take more control and we can really push to become a consistent top 4 quality side. That’s my theory any way. Jake can stay lock anyways and still work this idea but I reckon him starting at prop at least solves the Taupau and AFB coming off issue with taupau able to start at second-row and shift to the middle when AFB comes off, with Jake maybe shifting back to lock during this period to allow Paseka or Boyle to come on. It is complex to find the best rotation, although that’s the idea

Let's give credit to Freddy ... Jake may have had "prop" beside his name but he never played a modern props game or a traditional SOO meat head .... The plan to use him as a middle defender and ball playing link was insightful ... Jake didn't make a genuine hit-up until about the 30 min ....

I for one underestimated Freddy ... rarely ever do you see a game plan last beyond the first tackle .....

Have we seen a whole new definition of the modern forward pack ... a team of solid larger 2nd row tackle machines with a different skill set ...... ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8