Jake Simpkin signed until 2026

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Croker has been great and completely changed my opinion of him. In my opinion with Lawton heading out the door next season, there is no point persisting with him, we should be moving towards Simpkin so when Froggy is back I would say its those two playing. Froggy is getting toward the end of his career and with his tackling its just expediting things.

We have 100% missed Crokers defence and if we had unlimited interchange, I would say just swap him and Simpkin for attack and defence.

Gordy just hasn't really developed, so I think we need to look at a future where Froggy may be out for long stretches if not retire, neck injuries never really get better and the head knocks the guy gets I think we may see the curtain call soon. So for me let Froggy play out his career dump lawton into the back row whilst we need him there, but once we don't let him head off to his new team. The future at this point appears to be Simpkin and Gordo so lets choose the one we want to be our lead hooker and give him as much game time as possible and then start bringing in the other more slowly once that transition happens
You don't put good defenders on the bench, though. Either Croker is 9 with Simpkin at 14, or Simpkin is 9 and Croker is NSW cup.

Lawton is far more useful on the bench than Croker is, because he can play second row. Croker could maybe play lock but we don't need him for that because Jake plays the same role.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Croker is bog average and a big reason for our mediocrity the last few years. Love the bloke but he is a 5/8 pretending to be a hooker every day of the week. We can’t do it anymore.

The notion that his great defence has held us together on many occasions over the years is a fallacy. If he had helped our forwards over the advantage line, allowed DCE to kick on the front foot and stay in the yardage battle, he may not have needed to be so courageous in defence.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Croker is bog average and a big reason for our mediocrity the last few years. Love the bloke but he is a 5/8 pretending to be a hooker every day of the week. We can’t do it anymore.

The notion that his great defence has held us together on many occasions over the years is a fallacy. If he had helped our forwards over the advantage line, allowed DCE to kick on the front foot and stay in the yardage battle, he may not have needed to be so courageous in defence.
Bog average seems harsh.....a limited player perhaps.

I agree though, a lack of quality at hooker has been a huge limitation for the team.

Hopefully Simpkin can step forward and be our solution. Promising start.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Bog average seems harsh.....a limited player perhaps.

I agree though, a lack of quality at hooker has been a huge limitation for the team.

Hopefully Simpkin can step forward and be our solution. Promising start.
I’m no Croker hater, but I think he is out of his depth and our inability to stay in yardage battles is a big reason why we’ve been so inconsistent. It’s certainly not all his fault, but it’s probably his fault more than anyone else 😂

God love his effort, he’s a champion bloke, just a bad dummy half.

Rocky

Bencher
I’m no Croker hater, but I think he is out of his depth and our inability to stay in yardage battles is a big reason why we’ve been so inconsistent. It’s certainly not all his fault, but it’s probably his fault more than anyone else 😂

God love his effort, he’s a champion bloke, just a bad dummy half.
The team just isn't good enough to have Croker at dummy half.

His defence is elite but Simpkins effort last week showed that the trade-off (i.e Froggys limitations as a dummy half) just isn't worth it.

Last edited:

Adz

Reserve Grader
Going to go against the grain right now....
Just watched the first half as did not see the game and so far,not overly impressed.
His movement to the left and then to the right for Ola try achieved nothing,the defense was stacked on the right and lucky Ola beat 3 players and was extra lucky Ben T did not give away an obstruction.
Fell off Flanagan allowing him to run up the middle and then 2 tackles later fell off Sloan.
A couple of minutes later fell off the centre Feagi running up the middle.
Then threw a looping pass a foot above DCE head on the 5th tackle.
Will have a look at the second half, can't say he really gets the forwards on the front foot or is great defensively from the first half.....

Adz

Reserve Grader
Second half was solid, didn't get isolated defensively so missed no tackles.Doesn't seem defensively better than Gordie but definitely not worse.
Jake's try had little to do with Simpkin,it was a planned move,DCE was up flat looking to put a kick in for Jake,just had to pass him the ball.
Good,solid game in the second half considering he trained with the side for only 2 weeks,his service is good and hope he builds on this ...

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Second half was solid, didn't get isolated defensively so missed no tackles.Doesn't seem defensively better than Gordie but definitely not worse.
Jake's try had little to do with Simpkin,it was a planned move,DCE was up flat looking to put a kick in for Jake,just had to pass him the ball.
Good,solid game in the second half considering he trained with the side for only 2 weeks,his service is good and hope he builds on this ...
Most opinions have been the same first game, 80 minutes, solid game , didn't do anything outstanding but performed well, good service and defence especially 2nd half when no reserves

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
It definitely wasn't all rainbows and lollipops but the shining light was his ability to engage markers and get his ball runners on the front foot. He had a lot to do with the way we rolled through their middle in the 2nd half. Something we haven't seen from our pack in sometime, even at full strength.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Love Froggy , and he’s been a mainstay of our side for a few years now , and boy we have missed his defence in the middle but that’s about his only main attribute.

Like a few others I think he lacks a darting running game ( very occasionally you’ll see one work ) and his passes out of dummy half aren’t always crisp and on point.

As someone said for a 5/8 he’s been a good stop gap hooker but it’s clear we need a proper hooker.

Is Jake S that player ??

Hard to define after one game, but could be.

Seems Gordie 3 names is on the outer now so unless he’s signed long term I’d be surprised if he’s still around in 2025, and even if he is signed long term he might be sold off to another side.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18