Jake out ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Or big Solomon who gashed himself kicking out the glass partition in Biscuits Stanton’s office, after a difficult conversation.
I'd forgotten that one! Solo's career had some good stories.

d1e927f0d7aa232f95c6d4fc4dee7b34

Never seen so many off field training injuries. Oh for the simple old days, when John Jughead Jones got injured dropping a fridge on his foot.

1993-Manly-Sea-Eagles-Rugby-League.jpg

Tom slipped in the shower...

surely that falls under your above definition of 'simple old days' injuries??

:giggle::giggle:

One of the best was a player falling off a horse on a blues Origin bonding day, might have been Robbie Kearns
Speaking of unusual injuries, brought to mind David Cement Gillespie working as garbo on the morning of the '86 GF and amputating his finger by getting it caught between the truck and a telegraph pole. Times were tough then, having to work on the morning of a GF! Can't imagine any players working as garbo's now...

Sorry this is off topic, just reminiscing. Yes we'll sure miss Jake and his 40+ tackles.

Speaking of unusual injuries, brought to mind David Cement Gillespie working as garbo on the morning of the '86 GF and amputating his finger by getting it caught between the truck and a telegraph pole. Times were tough then, having to work on the morning of a GF! Can't imagine any players working as garbo's now...

Sorry this is off topic, just reminiscing. Yes we'll sure miss Jake and his 40+ tackles.

Crusher Cleal was another garbo.

Date created: 20 April, 1983
Manly Rugby league footballer Noel Cleal , a footballer who does not like city life has started a new job in the Manly area as a Garbo. Picture shows Noel on his rounds in the Manly area this morning.

manly-rugby-league-footballer-noel-cleal-a-footballer-who-does-not-picture-id1079200162

Crusher Cleal was another garbo.

Date created: 20 April, 1983
Manly Rugby league footballer Noel Cleal , a footballer who does not like city life has started a new job in the Manly area as a Garbo. Picture shows Noel on his rounds in the Manly area this morning.

manly-rugby-league-footballer-noel-cleal-a-footballer-who-does-not-picture-id1079200162

Ahh the good old days, when garbos actually had to pick up the bins. Modern day garbos are soft. Another case of technology producing lesser humans.

Ahh the good old days, when garbos actually had to pick up the bins. Modern day garbos are soft. Another case of technology producing lesser humans.
I used to run the garbo with Richards 4 nights a week after I finished year 12 and at colledge for about 2 years. The money was very good at the time.. 2 bins a time like Crushers pic on the runs full of units. The worst run was "scatters" run around Terry Hills where you were on the back of the truck too much between bins...the stench was horrendous.

Did Richards become URM?

So, as usual, Fittler didn't know what he was talking about. Also, as usual, every injury to a Manly player turns out to be more serious than first reports indicate. Jake tore a glute muscle at training. May even miss Origin III if it takes 3-4 weeks to heal.

I used to run the garbo with Richards 4 nights a week after I finished year 12 and at colledge for about 2 years. The money was very good at the time.. 2 bins a time like Crushers pic on the runs full of units. The worst run was "scatters" run around Terry Hills where you were on the back of the truck too much between bins...the stench was horrendous.

Did Richards become URM?
Richards has been the garbo collection company in my northern region of Queensland for quite some time now , maybe they have some type of a connection with U R M in other places . Bet you were quite fit or very fit in your garbo collection days.

Can we put this down to increased fatigue / stress on the body due to the new fast game (and extra origin workload)...

or was it just a f-up in training?

doctors only to reply.

Yes this is his 8th full NRL season, he's done all the Test and Origin stuff, but he needs to win a grand final for Manly so please focus on that.
Hard to imagine he might fail to achieve that in his glittering career, but realistically we're looking at either this year or the next few if it's to happen.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4